Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Anyone using Pulselocker for Serato / Traktor?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone using Pulselocker for Serato / Traktor?

Seems interesting, and although i'm generally not a fan of streaming (and DJ'ing with it sounds like asking for trouble) the initial reviews reckon it's rock solid.

Any thoughts?

https://www.magneticmag.com/2017/03...-for-serato-dj/

Old Post Jul-23-2017 19:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

I was wondering when we'd get a Spotify-type Dj service. For me, it's not worth the risk and I also like have my own actual library of collected music. Still interesting though.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jul-25-2017 13:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

That's kinda my thoughts but they reckon it even works flawlessly through a phone data connection.

You can apparently make the library available offline (it saves it locally) so basically it would just operate like an online store but in your library.

Old Post Jul-25-2017 19:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
That's kinda my thoughts but they reckon it even works flawlessly through a phone data connection.

You can apparently make the library available offline (it saves it locally) so basically it would just operate like an online store but in your library.

That does sound cool except (and this is my problem with monthly subscription in general), you're basically beholden to them for the rest of your life if you want to maintain you music.

But I see the benefits for many.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jul-26-2017 00:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

That's a good point. You're kinda locked in. I wonder what happens with the downloaded offline library....

I don't really understand why beatport never tried to integrate the store in the same way pulselocker seems to have, like having the portal within your rekordbox etc.

Old Post Jul-27-2017 18:21 
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
That's a good point. You're kinda locked in. I wonder what happens with the downloaded offline library....

I don't really understand why beatport never tried to integrate the store in the same way pulselocker seems to have, like having the portal within your rekordbox etc.

I would guess the same thing that happens with "downloaded" Spotify tracks and the like...deleted!

Scary thought for me.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jul-28-2017 05:18  United States
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
Spotify offline mode with "rights to use in public license" in traktor/serato/live is what Im waiting for before I can start djeing again. DJeing use music as underwear, after 2 months most of your music is ready for the bin, so a subscription is perfect in this matter.

I have no problems using spotify offline in my car without any network so why should it be a problem in a laptop software? When Im tired of a track I just move it to a non-offline playlist so its not using space locally.

That's pretty much what I've been waiting for too. I don't think there would ever be any issues in offline mode... except thay Spotify tends to freeze my entire laptop every now and then.

Luminous EP [AstroPilot]
For Lack Of A Better World [Morphosis]

Old Post Jul-31-2017 09:28  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Anyone using Pulselocker for Serato / Traktor?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread