Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth

Down to 18 left now

Old Post Nov-16-2017 11:17  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Down to 2, both very unlikely LOL

been interesting though will get a mix up of some of the tunes some really went under the radar

Old Post Nov-26-2017 01:19  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Down to 2, both very unlikely LOL

been interesting though will get a mix up of some of the tunes some really went under the radar

Sorry you had gone through so much time, energy, and money just because someone in 2011 got drunk and decided to troll YouTube comments.

At least you came out with a pretty cool collection of vinyl goa.

Old Post Nov-27-2017 14:01  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Sorry you had gone through so much time, energy, and money just because someone in 2011 got drunk and decided to troll YouTube comments.

At least you came out with a pretty cool collection of vinyl goa.

Yeah that's how i look at it at least I tried.

Tariq is in LA going to go through his records maybe it will turn up that way who knows!

Old Post Nov-27-2017 22:04  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Mad props to you!

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Nov-27-2017 23:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I was reading an interview with Oakenfold from 1999 where he said he would get given DAT tapes in the club (particularly at Cream) by young, local producers, from which he'd cut his own acetates. Apparently that was the origin of Planet Heaven - Nautical Bodies. This track probably never made it past Oakenfold's own acetate, and those things don't survive many plays.

> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]
> Live @ Repose 001 12.02.17 [Ambient Electronica]

Old Post Nov-28-2017 07:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I was reading an interview with Oakenfold from 1999 where he said he would get given DAT tapes in the club (particularly at Cream) by young, local producers, from which he'd cut his own acetates. Apparently that was the origin of Planet Heaven - Nautical Bodies. This track probably never made it past Oakenfold's own acetate, and those things don't survive many plays.

Iíve read similar over the years. It was a different world back then.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Nov-30-2017 05:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

That is probably exactly what happened here I never even thought of that!

Old Post Nov-30-2017 16:06  United Kingdom
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
Mad props to you!

Thanks it was a blast hearing some of the crap i bought

Any wonder no one heard of half the tracks I now own

Old Post Nov-30-2017 16:08  United Kingdom
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

quote:
Thanks it was a blast hearing some of the crap i bought

Any wonder no one heard of half the tracks I now own

Lol

Anyway, big respect to you for not giving up! I think at this point the best chance would be for someone to recreate the tune as someone mentioned in this thread. Hell, it doesnt even have to be 100% faithful reconstruction. It might as well be a well intentioned remake that is true to the ethos & feeling of the original. This is a fancy way of saying that we definitely do not need a 'tropical house' remake.

Anyone up for it?

You can find the vocals from this video

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Nov-30-2017 19:12  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

This is True.

I was at the Gallery (Turnmills) 4th Birthday in 1998 and Tall Paul and Oakenfold both played that night. I watched some fan bop up to Tall Paul in the booth and give him an acetate. He gave it a listen and the a thumbs up, after which it went in Paul's bag.

I told the bloke congrats for getting your track in there and he was happy but was like "that was my only copy, I have to get another one made and not sure if I can". I was thinking you might have slaved over that for months and you'll never see it again.

Dats weren't that short lifespan (they were actually rated for 100 full volume plays) but the thing that killed them was not protecting them from magnets/EMI/RFI etc, and rewinding them too much. The problem is that people would throw them in the bottom of a bag and by the end of the gig they're fucked.

Acetates are a different matter. DJ's didn't do zero counterweight balance (for obvious reasons) or use precision needles so you'd be lucky to get 10 plays out of them before the dynamic range, treble and THD went to shit.

Old Post Dec-01-2017 00:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jivemaster
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Actually it reminds me of that guy looking for this one un-ID'd track on a scott bond mix from 1999 that he just couldn;t find. he even managed to get in touch with scott bond and he really had equals measures of no idea and don't give a shit. I kinda felt for him becuase I think it was a combo breaker but when even the DJ playing it can't be bothered, what's the point?

That would be me Tom . I'm still waiting for you to check to see if you have "nobody is going to save you now"

***Jivemaster***

Old Post Dec-01-2017 13:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jivemaster Click here to Send Jivemaster a Private Message Visit Jivemaster's homepage! Add Jivemaster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread