Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
I feel like you're eventually going to find it, but not share it with any of us because no one chipped in, and so the mystery is going to perpetuate.

By the way, I remember seeing a thread around ten years ago that said Kenneth Thomas had tasked himself with going through Oakey's entire collection in order to find it. Does anyone know what happened with that? Did we just find him under a collapsed stack of records?

Well funny enough I heard there is someone doing this again via the group on faceboook Oakenfolk as recently as today.

If I find it I will 100% give the name and Cat No if it is a blank white label. Ripping it im not sure, i would probably do a youtube video and if the artist finally sees it and wants it taken down I would then respect their wishes.

It is mindblowing really that no one involved with this track has came forward in all this time to claim it. Really quite something. Up there with the Jules Lush ID in the Bizarre stakes.

Your right though it is frustrating.

For example Pablo Gargano - Eve 31..... I find it hard to believe no one on tranceaddict has heard that before and can tell me so I can eliminate it from the list. Equally I never heard it lol

Maybe some dont think im serious or dont have the time to waste or just dont know.

Either way im down to 115 now, I have the time and money so im going to see it through.

Last edited by the-sixth on Nov-03-2017 at 18:12

Old Post Nov-03-2017 18:06  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Salegon
The track is quite nice actually.

Did you try to match the songs on your list with some of those russian mp3 sources aside from youtube, juno, beatport etc.?

No they are hard to navigate I have tried but most seem to be bollocks and lead nowhere to the actual track

Old Post Nov-03-2017 18:07  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

God man. Reminds me of my 8 year old search of Fiol Lasse "Svedala" only to find out it was Prydz and that Dave Seaman was the only one with a copy that he was unwilling to send - until he too lost it.

Old Post Nov-04-2017 01:21  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
God man. Reminds me of my 8 year old search of Fiol Lasse "Svedala" only to find out it was Prydz and that Dave Seaman was the only one with a copy that he was unwilling to send - until he too lost it.

That is heartbreaking

Old Post Nov-04-2017 02:05  United Kingdom
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

Damn, I came into this thread just because it seemed intriguing only to find out that I've heard & remembered this track from the same Oakenfold EM. One of my friends used to play this set to me occasionally when we met up.

I would definitely say that its worth searching for it, since it really is good, although I would say that finding it is rather improbable.. It sounds like a whitelabel which never got released..

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Nov-04-2017 19:56  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djthunderbird
Damn, I came into this thread just because it seemed intriguing only to find out that I've heard & remembered this track from the same Oakenfold EM. One of my friends used to play this set to me occasionally when we met up.

I would definitely say that its worth searching for it, since it really is good, although I would say that finding it is rather improbable.. It sounds like a whitelabel which never got released..

Yes probably will not find it but it's worth a shot, down to 45 on the list now so maybe it will be in the post

Old Post Nov-04-2017 21:22  United Kingdom
hoopoe
Junior tranceaddict

I think in a genuine money and time no issue situation I would pay someone to precisely recreate it, but not release it digitally. Instead I'd place an order for the minimum number of units possible from a vinyl pressing plant, give it some random title, and find a load of tatty 18 year old white sleeves. Then claim I'd finally found the ID, stick a few up on Discogs for an eyewatering sum and see if I could recoup my losses.

Old Post Nov-06-2017 00:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

I feel ya dude.
We tried for many years to find the Angkor track from Flemings 2001 Essential Mix. But no luck

Old Post Nov-07-2017 17:27  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Originally posted by hoopoe
I think in a genuine money and time no issue situation I would pay someone to precisely recreate it, but not release it digitally. Instead I'd place an order for the minimum number of units possible from a vinyl pressing plant, give it some random title, and find a load of tatty 18 year old white sleeves. Then claim I'd finally found the ID, stick a few up on Discogs for an eyewatering sum and see if I could recoup my losses.

If you ever want to build a company and need investors, send me a message. I like the way you think,

Old Post Nov-07-2017 20:36  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney

Actually it reminds me of that guy looking for this one un-ID'd track on a scott bond mix from 1999 that he just couldn;t find. he even managed to get in touch with scott bond and he really had equals measures of no idea and don't give a shit. I kinda felt for him becuase I think it was a combo breaker but when even the DJ playing it can't be bothered, what's the point?

Old Post Nov-08-2017 03:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
This list I cannot find any youtube links, any juno samples, any mp3 rips or anything else on google that gives me a clip. So buying is the only option to confirm they are or are not the track.

Why dont you ask discogs seller to record you sample from the record?

Old Post Nov-08-2017 11:15  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mphreak
Why dont you ask discogs seller to record you sample from the record?

Already done that and those that kindly replied I removed from the list.

Those that did not respond I bought the vinyl and will check them all as they arrive.

Down to 18 left now

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Rojam-ID/367219

Old Post Nov-08-2017 23:55  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread