Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dj Mag Top 100 2017
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Woah, Markus Schulz not even ranked this year? I figured he had enough clout and ran deep enough in the Armada circle to at least land somewhere on this list.

Wow, you're right.

And Carl Cox at 62?

I can only think 12 year olds just discovering EDM are the main voting base for this. I mean, Martin Garrix #1 DJ for second consecutive year?

Old Post Oct-26-2017 00:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I can only think 12 year olds just discovering EDM are the main voting base for this. I mean, Martin Garrix #1 DJ for second consecutive year?

Nah. It's 18 year olds attending their first Tomorrowland, while being 'encouraged' by PR teams sharing voting iPads in the audience to vote for these guys, that are the main voting base.

Also, bot farms out of India.

(~)

Old Post Oct-26-2017 04:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Wow, you're right.

And Carl Cox at 62?

Took a look at his DJ Mag history just for reference and he's apparently been on a downward trend for the past several years anyway.

https://djmag.com/top-100-djs/poll-2016-markus-schulz

He clocked in at 80 last year, and 56 the year before that, so I guess it makes sense that he'd have completely fallen off the map in 2017. I can't tell if trance jocks of the old guard just don't invest themselves into top 100 promotion the way they used to, or if they're just being out-promoted by ambitious young talent who are ultra-gunning for a top 50 finish. Even Above & Beyond- the darlings of every trance neophyte- are at number 27 (an increase of 28 places!), and Deadmau5 is trending down toward the bottom half of the list. Meanwhile reliable names like Paul Van Dyk *improved* to 51, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ferry Corsten's last year on the list.

I kind of miss the days when the top 100 was almost evenly shared between prog snobs and trance crackers. Sasha and Digweed would always break up a trance dominated top 10, and then all the most respected names in house and prog would bring up the rear in the 10-25 spots. Nick Warren was nearly a resident in the 30-40 slot, and even second-string players like Seb Fontaine stood a chance of coming in at the bottom 90.

But it still seems like there's a small contingent of RA readers who vote on this thing, with Paul Kalkbrenner making a re-appearance, and Solomun and Maceo Plex (RA 100 top 10's) making their debuts.

Old Post Oct-26-2017 11:44  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djshire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
Rave to the grave.
quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid

djshire, you're a cool nigga.
quote:
Originally posted by Taipan
Agreed. You da man!

Old Post Oct-28-2017 00:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djshire Click here to Send djshire a Private Message Add djshire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Took a look at his DJ Mag history just for reference and he's apparently been on a downward trend for the past several years anyway.

https://djmag.com/top-100-djs/poll-2016-markus-schulz

He clocked in at 80 last year, and 56 the year before that, so I guess it makes sense that he'd have completely fallen off the map in 2017. I can't tell if trance jocks of the old guard just don't invest themselves into top 100 promotion the way they used to, or if they're just being out-promoted by ambitious young talent who are ultra-gunning for a top 50 finish. Even Above & Beyond- the darlings of every trance neophyte- are at number 27 (an increase of 28 places!), and Deadmau5 is trending down toward the bottom half of the list. Meanwhile reliable names like Paul Van Dyk *improved* to 51, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ferry Corsten's last year on the list.

I kind of miss the days when the top 100 was almost evenly shared between prog snobs and trance crackers. Sasha and Digweed would always break up a trance dominated top 10, and then all the most respected names in house and prog would bring up the rear in the 10-25 spots. Nick Warren was nearly a resident in the 30-40 slot, and even second-string players like Seb Fontaine stood a chance of coming in at the bottom 90.

But it still seems like there's a small contingent of RA readers who vote on this thing, with Paul Kalkbrenner making a re-appearance, and Solomun and Maceo Plex (RA 100 top 10's) making their debuts.

Ive always found it odd there aren't more Trance crackers in the top 100. Seems like at least real Trance should have a showing with today's kids ?

And Deadmau5 slipping isn't a surprise, check Social media and you will see Mousy has fallen off the "Main stream EDM" scene. Now a days kids call him "boring" & "slow" Hahahahahahahaha

I remember when people hated that guy and kids LOVED him. Now he's playing darker sounds, b2b with Prydz & Beyer, and even techno (TESTPIOLT) and kids now hate him lol.

Old Post Oct-28-2017 01:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
It took me until No.34 to find someone that didn't make me vomit in my mouth.

What the fuck is wrong with dance music these days.

I couldn't see a single one which didn't give me vomit in my mouth. Today kids don't know jack shit of music but there's always exceptions of course. Hopefully many will mature.

Old Post Oct-28-2017 09:54  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by klappa
Today kids don't know jack shit of music

We have officially become our parents.

Afraid to Dream EP [Electronic Tree]

Old Post Oct-28-2017 13:18  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
We have officially become our parents.

exactly

literally what my parents said about me listening to Chemical Brothers & Underworld in 90's.

TA is fucking AARP now

Old Post Oct-28-2017 16:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
deepressive

Old Post Oct-28-2017 19:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ArmyGuyDan
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Is this piece of trash still a thing?

sadly yes, I was still pissed when that Fake EDM Top 40 pop press play DJ David Guetta won in 2011, he got to headline EDC in Vegas in 2012 and had the nerve to say he was the one who brought EDM to the United States when in fact that was a major lie, I've never heard of his so called music until 2010 when he was remixing already crappy top 40 music, I laughed even harder when his walking leather couch of a wife divorced his ass, what really pissed me off with him was when he ripped off Alice Deejay's Better off alone for some crap song that he was using to promote beats headphones for, guess he figured since it came out in 99 no one was going to remember that track

Old Post Nov-16-2017 10:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ArmyGuyDan Click here to Send ArmyGuyDan a Private Message Add ArmyGuyDan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by ArmyGuyDan
sadly yes, I was still pissed when that Fake EDM Top 40 pop press play DJ David Guetta won in 2011, he got to headline EDC in Vegas in 2012 and had the nerve to say he was the one who brought EDM to the United States when in fact that was a major lie, I've never heard of his so called music until 2010 when he was remixing already crappy top 40 music, I laughed even harder when his walking leather couch of a wife divorced his ass, what really pissed me off with him was when he ripped off Alice Deejay's Better off alone for some crap song that he was using to promote beats headphones for, guess he figured since it came out in 99 no one was going to remember that track

uh huh

Afraid to Dream EP [Electronic Tree]

Old Post Nov-16-2017 15:05  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

as always this list is a fucking joke, but still hilarious to look at.

nice to see solomun, claptone and maceo plex on there though

Old Post Nov-16-2017 16:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dj Mag Top 100 2017
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread