Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite non Prog/Trance mixes
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Gemlerr
Junior tranceaddict

check this one out

ive listened to it like 3 times already. so mesmerizing

deKai & Lino Hirthe @ Magdalena Closing Keller 2014 - Teil1

deKai & Lino Hirthe @ Magdalena Closing Keller 2014 - Teil2

Old Post Oct-01-2017 09:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Gemlerr Click here to Send Gemlerr a Private Message Add Gemlerr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict in training

Re: Favorite non Prog/Trance mixes

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
I am definitely on the lookout for anything daring, innovative

These may require a different mindset to a typical DJ set, but I absolutely love the 'Blue Jam' radio series by Chris Morris. Each episode is an hour-long mix of trip hop, ambient, electronica and indie music interspersed with dark comedy sketches that range from hilarious to disturbing.

https://archive.org/details/chrismorris_bluejam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Jam

Old Post Oct-01-2017 13:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

DJ Disko - E-Werk 1997: Absolutely ridiculous how well this mix holds up 20 years later, every track is a bomb that shits all over most modern techno. The selection and DJing are way ahead of it's time. Also features E-Werk crowd noise!

quote:
Fuck me.... Now that is a rave. This is one of the best techno mixes i have ever heard. God the talking over nearly ruins it though

I would highly recommend anyone who loves Ravey music to listen to this. This mix is a revelation. Additionally, the mixing is really good and far ahead of its time. Who the hell is DJ Disko? I have no idea if this one mix was just way better than anything else he ever did or this poor guy just somehow never got famous but this might be the single greatest live techno set I have ever heard. I would pay a lot of money for someone to play like this live.

Also, holy fuck does the crowd noises make it sound like e werk was an amazing club.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Oct-01-2017 18:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Also, thanks for the additional mix recommendations guys. I will def check them out.

Old Post Oct-01-2017 18:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

DJ Disko was a Berlin local DJ that was there from the beginning basically, he was a resident at E-Werk and Planet (the E-Werk precursor). He never really produced anything except a few co-production credits and mostly dropped out of the Scene around the turn of the millenium. He has a few lines in Klang der Familie and he comes across like a big Idealist that couldn't handle all the techno-commercialization of the mid/late 90s. He actually says that he hated E-Werk even at the time and thought it was total shit compared to Planet (which was very small and intimate, People hugging each other on E etc., compared to the giant coked-up rave temple that E-Werk became).

Disko played Berghain one or two years ago (that's how I came across the mix, someone posted it) and apparently he was alright, but it's hard to just come back out of retirement and start killing it

Old Post Oct-01-2017 19:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
DJ Disko was a Berlin local DJ that was there from the beginning basically, he was a resident at E-Werk and Planet (the E-Werk precursor). He never really produced anything except a few co-production credits and mostly dropped out of the Scene around the turn of the millenium. He has a few lines in Klang der Familie and he comes across like a big Idealist that couldn't handle all the techno-commercialization of the mid/late 90s. He actually says that he hated E-Werk even at the time and thought it was total shit compared to Planet (which was very small and intimate, People hugging each other on E etc., compared to the giant coked-up rave temple that E-Werk became).

Disko played Berghain one or two years ago (that's how I came across the mix, someone posted it) and apparently he was alright, but it's hard to just come back out of retirement and start killing it

Makes sense bc this guy is clearly playing for guys on E and not coke. This mix is straight up PLUR techno without being cheesy at all. Fucking amazing. I was basically couch raving all night last night as I heard this mix twice in a row. Someone needs to get a hold of this guy and see if he recorded any of his old sets.

Old Post Oct-01-2017 20:21  United States
paulversuspaul

Eric Cloutier - Driftwood Mix

is absolutely fn sublime imo. does anyone know of mixes like this. My fiance has a hard time liking most Electronic music that is danceable bc the bpms are too high or when they are in low 120s range she finds some of it creepy, mainly the ketamine crap. This mix is her favorite mix ive ever played and so looking for things like this.

Old Post Dec-06-2017 17:58  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You've named a few of mine in your OP. I'd also nominate DjRUM's soundtrack mixes, particularly the Clash podcast from 2012. And a few Andrew Weatherall / ALFOS sets I will link when I'm on my laptop. His 2013 set at Back To Basics is the stuff of legend. And can I count Lee Burridge's Essential Mix from 2015 as "non-prog"? Don't really consider Burridge's dreamy sound to be "prog" in the true sense.

> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]
> Live @ Repose 001 12.02.17 [Ambient Electronica]

Old Post Dec-06-2017 18:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
You've named a few of mine in your OP. I'd also nominate DjRUM's soundtrack mixes, particularly the Clash podcast from 2012. And a few Andrew Weatherall / ALFOS sets I will link when I'm on my laptop. His 2013 set at Back To Basics is the stuff of legend. And can I count Lee Burridge's Essential Mix from 2015 as "non-prog"? Don't really consider Burridge's dreamy sound to be "prog" in the true sense.

was hoping you would chime in here because we have very similar tastes on electronic music in general. Did you hear that DJ Disko mix woony linked earlier? I am still blown away by how good that is for a guy who nobody even knows. Only wish the germans werent talking over that bad boy.

Old Post Dec-06-2017 18:33  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've had no Internet at home for two months, which is why I haven't chimed in before now. I'll have a listen at some point. I've got a few good recent mixes I'll try to dig out.

Old Post Dec-06-2017 18:38  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Eric Cloutier - Driftwood Mix

is absolutely fn sublime imo. does anyone know of mixes like this. My fiance has a hard time liking most Electronic music that is danceable bc the bpms are too high or when they are in low 120s range she finds some of it creepy, mainly the ketamine crap. This mix is her favorite mix ive ever played and so looking for things like this.

anyone? this is perhaps the finest baby making mix btw. I really want other mixes like this but have no idea where to find them. Its deep house but so sensual and atmospheric. Amazing stuff.

Old Post Dec-28-2017 19:53  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm halfway through it now. It's nice, but unless it improves spectacularly in the second half it just sounds like the stuff Terry Lee Brown Jr has been pumping out for donkey's years. Have you checked out his "Terry's Café" mix CD series? I haven't listened to all of them, but they're all about this kind of stuff. His artist albums are very good as well.

Old Post Dec-29-2017 12:18  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite non Prog/Trance mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread