Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I watched the northern lights...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Clovis
techno jungle shit

I watched the northern lights...

...at 38,000 feet over the north atlantic, for two hours. Most amazing thing I have ever seen. +airdrawndagger made it incredible.

Keep your window shade open if you fly up there at night. I swear it was spirits flying accross the sky...

Old Post Feb-18-2005 17:35  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Done that before - except I Was heading due-North, not East.

The sky seemed to be totally lit-up by red in the distance - it wasn't like something over the horizon, it was like God was throwing a blanket over the northern hemisphere.

A blanket of low-density plasma.

Truly, words and pictures fail to give these experiences justice. It's amazing how such colours in an unusual circumstance can seem so beautiful. Something beyond the expression any of us could convey.

edit: Oh yeah - I'm listening to Airdrawndagger now as I think about it.

Old Post Feb-18-2005 17:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stren
HODOR

i envy you, it must've been an amazing experience even without any drugs/alcohol. and yeah sasha

insignificant cor member alliance

Old Post Feb-18-2005 17:50  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jackson
Supreme tranceaddict

Describe it more if you can....i've always wanted to see them.

Old Post Feb-18-2005 17:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson Click here to Send Jackson a Private Message Add Jackson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonze
Unicorn Farts

did you take any pictures?

Old Post Feb-18-2005 17:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for jonze Click here to Send jonze a Private Message Add jonze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tigo
Professional ButtonPusher

wsuuuup Clovis.....hope u had a good flight ma man....hope u enjoyed the cd's too

Old Post Feb-18-2005 18:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tigo Click here to Send Tigo a Private Message Visit Tigo's homepage! Add Tigo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jp
Retired tranceaddict

pics or stfu

Old Post Feb-18-2005 20:41  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for jp Click here to Send jp a Private Message Add jp to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr. Pink
Furiously Happy

Rasta

..i smoked the northern lights

Old Post Feb-18-2005 20:44  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Pink Click here to Send Mr. Pink a Private Message Visit Mr. Pink's homepage! Add Mr. Pink to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MaxTO
The Lurker

never seen northern lights...
I love it though when I'm flying and watching the clouds...on my way to Dominican Republic...some awesome sights...especially with trance playing

Old Post Feb-18-2005 20:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MaxTO Click here to Send MaxTO a Private Message Add MaxTO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nchs09
Traceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pink
..i smoked the northern lights
lol b0p

Old Post Feb-18-2005 20:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for nchs09 Click here to Send nchs09 a Private Message Add nchs09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WillyWonka
Supreme tranceaddict

Maybe 5 or 6 years ago i saw the Aurora borealis right from my friend's backyard here in Toronto on a clear evening. No joke it was one of the best view's ever considering it was seen in the big city with little or no light pollution caused by the urbanized lights. When I noticed it in the sky it couldn't be mistaken for anything else. We watched it for about an hour and half and phoned everyone to get the fuck out of there house to see it.

The next weekend the Toronto Star featured a column and pics from their astronomer Terence Dickinson talking about the Northern Lights and how it was visible even from Toronto famous for having too much light pollution.

For the record, and FYI you do not have to be at a special location to see these brilliant lights. You just have to be at the right place at the right time!!!

Old Post Feb-18-2005 20:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for WillyWonka Click here to Send WillyWonka a Private Message Add WillyWonka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

My best airplane sights came in 2003 when flying home from the canary islands, we went over morocco & it was great to see down on it, then over portugal it was light on one side of the plane & dark on the other, really eerie yet fascinating

Old Post Feb-18-2005 21:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I watched the northern lights...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread