Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by getfoul
still not as fast as the instant scrolling i would imagine. That, along with the playlists and great organization of finding things is what deems it a better player for me. Browse by song, artist, rating, genre, album, composer blah blah blah. It's all there at your fingertips.

yes it's not as fast. But as for the oranization, playlists, etc... you can do all that with most other players (my NOMAD does all that) and if you are that impatient to where you want to spend 300 or 400 bucks so you can fast foward a few seconds faster than other players, by all means go ahead

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Earthsnail Click here to Send Earthsnail a Private Message Visit Earthsnail's homepage! Add Earthsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beats and beeps

20gig 4g ipod = free, and looks classy despite how popular, and overhyped it is. It does look nice.

iriver = not free, and doesnt look as good.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 20:24 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kypez
.:LikWit Addict:.

Dell Jukebox > (iPod + iRiver)^2

Im not a big dell fan but the jukebox owns. 15 gigs for 290 bucks canadian. Its the most durable mp3 player i have ever had. Backround Blue lit screen. You can store Data files and even record audio. Its a pretty solid mp3 to have .

Old Post Dec-05-2004 20:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kypez Click here to Send kypez a Private Message Add kypez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

One thing that people have to remember while reading this is that most of it is opinion and personal preference. No one should be able to tell you what you will or wont like. Go out and try out the different players and see what you think suits your needs best.

buy an ipod

dogs and I talk like an imbecile! I wander around, "Ooo! You want
food!" I've turned into a f*cking moron.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 20:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for getfoul Click here to Send getfoul a Private Message Add getfoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

the 15 hours of battery life that apple claims on NEW iPods, is still CRAP and NOONE will get 15 hours, its more like 12 or 13.

That being said, the old ones with 8 hours, last more like 4-6 hours.

With an avg. of 5 and 12 hours on new ones,

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF HAVING 10 OR MORE GIGS ON A PORTABLE DEVICE?

The battery will ESPECIALLY go down if ure going from track to track to track all over the place from various artists, and thats the POINT! To randomize your tune selections! But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU CANT, because the battery life is

HORSESHIT to begin with on iPod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF i were to buy a new HD MP3 player, it would be EITHER:

Sony NW-HD3
or
Cowon iAudio (around 24 hours of actual battery life, slightly bigger than ipod)

Old Post Dec-05-2004 21:36  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kamil Click here to Send kamil a Private Message Add kamil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kamil
the 15 hours of battery life that apple claims on NEW iPods, is still CRAP and NOONE will get 15 hours, its more like 12 or 13.

they measure it as NON STOP (and they claim that too)
they usually advertise as 15 hours of non-stop play - meaning that when u just let the ipod play without playing around with the backlight/switching songs non stop and doing things that will make the drive spin harder...then OBVIOUSLY your batt life will be longer.

i bet when iriver (OR ANY OTHER BATTERY POWERED DEVICE) states their "estimated batt life"... they estimate it based on non-stop play...

Old Post Dec-05-2004 21:43  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for goodgreef Click here to Send goodgreef a Private Message Visit goodgreef's homepage! Add goodgreef to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

quote:
Originally posted by kamil
WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF HAVING 10 OR MORE GIGS ON A PORTABLE DEVICE?

The point is so you don't have to continually have it hooked up to the computer to change around your selection of music. With 10+ gigs you can have the selection that you wouldnt with a 512 or 256 meg memory device. I love being able to go and say, "Hey, what set do i want to listen to now." and look through and have 500+ sets to choose from.

dogs and I talk like an imbecile! I wander around, "Ooo! You want
food!" I've turned into a f*cking moron.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 21:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for getfoul Click here to Send getfoul a Private Message Add getfoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
_Supreme
Senior tranceaddict

you are so right!!
i have an ipod now, but i want that iriver!!

Supreme designs!

Old Post Dec-05-2004 21:55  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for _Supreme Click here to Send _Supreme a Private Message Visit _Supreme's homepage! Add _Supreme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ShadoWolf
ISOS

People, people....

....who the hell cares about aesthetics???

Old Post Dec-05-2004 21:56  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for ShadoWolf Click here to Send ShadoWolf a Private Message Add ShadoWolf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by getfoul
The point is so you don't have to continually have it hooked up to the computer to change around your selection of music. With 10+ gigs you can have the selection that you wouldnt with a 512 or 256 meg memory device. I love being able to go and say, "Hey, what set do i want to listen to now." and look through and have 500+ sets to choose from.

no, because when u flip through those sets, ure draining ure battery, and it doesnt last, please, gimme a break, i have an ipod (well had, its supposed to be shipped back to me, but apples a fucking joke with ipods and i still havent gotten it back) and it never lasts a fair amount.

I listen to at least 3 hours of music on the go, a day. Thankfully, i recharge my battery only once every two or three weeks. And its not so bad with having discs. I like whipping out my MDs and people staring at the coolness and ORIGINALITY factor, as opposed to everyone else being a fucking ipod DRONE.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 22:03  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kamil Click here to Send kamil a Private Message Add kamil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

I hate my mp3 player. Tell me more about this MiniDisc.....

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/stories/ExtractFramesFromGIFImages_AC55/animated_gif_movies.gif

Old Post Dec-05-2004 22:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunsnail Click here to Send Sunsnail a Private Message Add Sunsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
I hate my mp3 player. Tell me more about this MiniDisc.....

www.t-station.net

Mines a Sony MZ-N910 (possibly the best non Hi-MD)

But if you really want a lot of recording space, try the Sony MZ-NH900

1GB per disc, and acts as an HD, plus external battery, line in and mic in, optical in, everything is there man, its beautiful especially if you DJ

Old Post Dec-05-2004 22:31  Poland

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread