Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

As geeky as it sounds to say this....those MDs are sweet

Old Post Dec-05-2004 16:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cheesy
Supreme tranceaddict

1) I RAN OVER my iPod on my bike, and then proceeded to stop ON TOP OF the iPod thus dragging it along the asphalt for 5 feet, and it still works fine...

2) You don't need all sorts of bloatware to use the iPod. iTunes is the best music application, and you only need drivers if you use Windows anyway.

3) It doesn't matter that the iPod charges whenever it's connected, modern batteries don't have a "memory" or whatever, so you can charge it whenever.

But whatever.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cheesy Click here to Send cheesy a Private Message Add cheesy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

Shame / Disagreement

It's not that ipods are bad, it's just that people are getting ripped off by them...I'm not aware of the exact price, but I think a regular 20 gb ipod is about 400 dollars. With Ipods, battery life sucks compared to so many other audio mp3 players. With iriver models, you can play videos and music with certain models, and all of the models come with an FM tuner. And if I'm not mistaken, certain models have about the same amount of battery life as a regular Ipod if not more, for about the same price as Ipod if not less. Iriver is not the only manufacturer like this. Archos and Creative are also companies that give you more for your money. I have a Creative Zen NOMAD Xtra that holds 40GB of files and has 14 hours of battery life, and I got it for $236.00 (USD). Of course the only reason why Ipod gets all of the sales is simply because they advertise more, and it looks better. So to those who are considering getting an Ipod, I ask you to please reconsider, because you will be dissappointed. That is of course you like spending too much money and getting a piece of crap...

Old Post Dec-05-2004 16:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Earthsnail Click here to Send Earthsnail a Private Message Visit Earthsnail's homepage! Add Earthsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rooibos
Senior tranceaddict

iRiver?

Aer yuo drameign?

Old Post Dec-05-2004 16:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for rooibos Click here to Send rooibos a Private Message Add rooibos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

everything you need to know about iRiver

Old Post Dec-05-2004 17:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Earthsnail Click here to Send Earthsnail a Private Message Visit Earthsnail's homepage! Add Earthsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rooibos
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Earthsnail
everything you need to know about iRiver

Nice...I want one. :D

Aer yuo drameign?

Old Post Dec-05-2004 17:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for rooibos Click here to Send rooibos a Private Message Add rooibos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

i had minidisc for a while. unfortunately i had to go through three in three years because something about it always broke down. whether it was the volume/play button or the headphone jack, something always happened to it... still enjoyed it, but was getting frustrated with having to spring 200-300 each year for a new player

Old Post Dec-05-2004 17:22  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DRM
I Choose Noise

was a big fan of md back in the day but i just cant be arsed to carry discs round with me all the time so that was out of the picture.

Thought long n hard about gettin the new sony mp3 player but realised that converting to atrac would annoy me.

The iRiver just looks crap.

which brought me back to the ipod, it does have its faults but the fact is it has huge 3 party support for both hardware and software which imo automatically puts in first place. No case with it? arsed there are thousands of options availiable and yes u have to shell out more for them but pick the right one and its worth it. Don't like itunes? well theres plenty of 3rd party software to do the same thing, hell there's even a winamp plugin that will do it for you. as for most the extra features that other players have there is a substitute for almost all of them for the ipod of some sort. As for the battery life, yeah i suppose that can be off putting to some but i dont use it for more 12 hours generally anyway, if i do then i will take my charger with me.

Which is why i got an ipod and why im perfectly happy with it.

Gorillaz - Stylo

Old Post Dec-05-2004 17:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for DRM Click here to Send DRM a Private Message Add DRM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jessica.S
Senior tranceaddict

i'd take either..ipod or iriver...i dont have anything

Old Post Dec-05-2004 17:57  Cayman Islands
Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica.S Click here to Send Jessica.S a Private Message Add Jessica.S to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranceporter99
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dj_mdma
I was considering the Hi-MD range from Sony, but then i figured that 1 gig isnt' really enough its also quite expensive, but they do look good and they do have the excellent function of RECORDING!

I don't like iRiver's because they just don't "look" that nice tbh, although of course, it is a matter of opinion.

iPods are nice, but everyman and his dog has one, and why be like everyone else? also battery life has been said to be teh suxor.

so i went and got this instead:

battery life is up to 30hours at optimum performance, so i can see myself getting about 24 hours at my volume levels and file encoding. Atrac3 processing may be a bit of a bugger as it means you have to convert MP3's but the process isn't really that long. Atrac3 files are also better quality than mp3. And very few people have this, so i'm so much more elite than those ipod users

umm, im gonna have to disagree, maybe the battery life is longer, which I cant stand. But Atrac3(I had a NetMD walkman) is terriable sound quality, its encoded at 32kbs while normally Mp3s are at 96kbs.

My friend and I have a music blog.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 18:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranceporter99 Click here to Send Tranceporter99 a Private Message Add Tranceporter99 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj_mdma
I'm on HarderFaster now.

sorry i meant to say that Atrac3PLUS the new type of coding with this player is better than MP3. A 64kbps Atrac3Plus is equivalent to 128kbps MP3, and the 256kbps encoding is damn near close enough to CD quality.

I had Net MD too, and when you compressed it to LP4, the sound quality was like that of tapes

The Midnight Collective MySpace

Old Post Dec-05-2004 18:18  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for dj_mdma Click here to Send dj_mdma a Private Message Add dj_mdma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

whats the fastforwarding feature like on the iriver

i had anipod before.. (it got stolen unfortunately when my house was roobbeD)

and with ipods you can track to like any time in a long set in a matter of seconds

lets say your listening to a 200 minute set done by tiesto

in about 4 secons you can be at 141 minutes into the set

can i river do this?

just curious

or doyou have to hold fast forward for like 10 minutes

Old Post Dec-05-2004 18:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread