Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

WEEE long reply time.

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
^^^ Which increases its functionality too! With Ipod you can't use it as a hard drive, unless you install drivers and program on a host computer.
what the shit? I don't know what you're doing but i can transfer any file on my ipods. Hard drive storage and music.

I love my iPods and wouldn't have it any other way. I don't see why people bitch and moan about iTunes. It is a great program for organizing music and it is free. No trial version and pay to have full service like some other music programs. Playlists and it's seemless integration with the iPod makes it that much better.
quote:
Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore
This i was also shocked about when I bought my 60 gig. Glad I still have the remote from my 20 gig, but then again i rarely use it. I have the 60 gig for sets and the 20 for songs. Just hit shuffle and it's golden.

quote:
Either way - if iPod rocks your boat, rock on.. all I am saying, do a due dilligence don't just follow what U2 tells you to do.

Wow, It looks like i'm targeting you and you only, but I assure you that is not the case. I bought mine because it is the best out there at what it does. I listen to music and that's it. I don't need any thing fancy. The iPod is so successful because it is simplistic and laid out well. Ergonomic and people friendly is the key. It may be relatively expensive, but in the end i am happy with my choice.

For months now I have been trying to get my year and a half old iPod to lose it's battery charge do i can get a new iPod for kicks. Still runs like it's new. It will still last me 6-7 hours just like when i got it.

quote:
Check your facts, Jack! I pod does not have optional accessories, unles s you consider the charging cradle and usb/firewire cable "accessories" I bought a 40GB iPod last week for my wife (which is going back this week) - it doesn't have remote or case or radio and it sucks big donkey balls.

yeah, I'm biased... I don't like overhyped crapolas.

Here are specs for iRiver:
Color edition:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H340.aspx#

"legacy" edition:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H120.aspx#

Let's see how great this iRiver is, support both windows and mac platforms? - No

Easy to use laid out controls? - No

Comes with lot's of accessories like you claim - No

Packed with:
iRiver earphones - Same with ipod
Carrying case - iPod has 2, cloth and clip type
USB 2.0 cable - iPod has Firewire400 and USB 2.0
Audio line-in cable - I'll give it this but my iPod came with optical out to the TV
Installation CD - I thought you said no software install necessary?
AC adapter - necessary

dogs and I talk like an imbecile! I wander around, "Ooo! You want
food!" I've turned into a f*cking moron.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 07:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for getfoul Click here to Send getfoul a Private Message Add getfoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranc3
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
Btw, you are wrong about irivers being cheaper

Iriver 20gb - $450

Ipod 20gb - $430

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...51&newdeptid=19

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...65000FS10043653

If you buy from there you're getting ripped off, I got my 40 gig iRiver for 360.

Edit: saw you're using Canadian money. Such a huge difference when compared to the American dollar.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 08:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranc3 Click here to Send Tranc3 a Private Message Add Tranc3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

I got stuck with an Archos AV320, which in theory would be awesome. But in reality the battery is fucked up and can barely get 2-3 hours off of it. The next one I buy will probably be Creative's 60gb Nomad thingy

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/stories/ExtractFramesFromGIFImages_AC55/animated_gif_movies.gif

Old Post Dec-05-2004 08:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunsnail Click here to Send Sunsnail a Private Message Add Sunsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranc3
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Tranceporter99
is leaving it in the car overnight bad?

Not necessarily, but exposing it to extreme temperatures is considered harmful.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 08:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranc3 Click here to Send Tranc3 a Private Message Add Tranc3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

quote:
Originally posted by Tranc3
If you buy from there you're getting ripped off, I got my 40 gig iRiver for 360.

Edit: saw you're using Canadian money. Such a huge difference when compared to the American dollar.

not these days...we're slowly creeping up against the USD

As for iRiver's HD MP3 players versus iPods...Tom's Hardware really says anything that needs to be said. http://www4.tomshardware.com/mobile/20041005/index.html

LOTS of praise for the iRiver.

Last edited by infinity HiGH on Dec-05-2004 at 08:33

Old Post Dec-05-2004 08:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranc3
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by infinity HiGH
not these days...we're slowly creeping up against the USD

As for iRiver's HD MP3 players versus iPods...Tom's Hardware really says anything that needs to be said. http://www4.tomshardware.com/mobile/20041005/index.html

LOTS of praise for the iRiver.

Eh, well these days pretty much ANY currency is gaining ground on the U.S. Dollar.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 08:35 
Cloudburst
I am the maximum

quote:
Originally posted by TruffleShuffle
Do the smaller iRiver mp3 players (like 512MB, etc.) come with all those same features (recording, etc.)?

Yes. (My friends has one)

The sound is great on it, so powerfull!

insignificant cor member alliance

Old Post Dec-05-2004 11:51  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloudburst Click here to Send Cloudburst a Private Message Visit Cloudburst's homepage! Add Cloudburst to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

I just bucked the iPod trend and bought one of these yesterday. Can connect it to my camera and store photos on there. Saves me a load of cash on memory cards when travelling and I can get all my music on there!

Old Post Dec-05-2004 12:24  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

Most of the replies in this thread are fucking idiotic.

So many uneducated replies, it makes me sick.

I'll agree, IPOD DOES SUCK BIG DICK.

And yes, i can make that judgement, i own a lot of apple products, INCLUDING THE bullshit peice of crap iPod itself.

I switched BACK to minidisc tho, and because of iPods halfass retarded 8 hours of battery life, everytime i see 25% battery life left i still get paranoid. What i dont realize, is that my MD lasts me over 40 hours on ONE CHARGE.

FUCK IPOD.

Heres what i got:

Sony MZ-N910!!!

The only drawback: im on mac, and running VirtualPC on OS9 is kinna slow (ive deleted tracks from the MD in VPC7 on OSX, but its REALLY slow).

So hears the yummy stuff ^_^

OH MY FUCKING GOD! SMALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! AND LIGHT!

The ipod is like a BRICK compared to it.

Also, the MD (in orange however) gets lot, LOT more attention than the iPod (hands down, everyones got an ipod, and its lame)

Battery life......wow. And i mean, WOW.

I got it in the mail at around 1pm, i took it and played around with it a bit. battery level indicator was at 1/4 for the next 12 hours. It was actually pissing me off, cuz i was like "whens this damn thing gonna die!!" and i wanted to have a full charge for the next day.......i guess i didnt need to, lol!

Sound quality: A+ as always with any MD, and puts iPod to shame (mind u, some professionals use MD for live recording.....so yah)

6band equalizer is.......OMG wicked......love that feature (UNLIKE IPODS SHITTY PRESETS WHICH DRAIN URE BATTERY MORE SO!!!!!)

Oh yeah, and I bought myself some tight looking discs too, check em out:

and these ones too:

but i REALLY want these ones:

Basic specs on my MD:
Battery life: up to 114 hours
6 band EQ
64X download speeds via USB
Removable, rechargeable battery (removable, like, OPENING A DOOR, unlike all other horseshit HD mp3 players)
Line In (perfect for DJ'ing)
Optical In (best sound quality recorded from CD you can get)
Extreme small size to battery life ration. Best of any portable device ive ever seen.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Now, anyone who knows their electronics and portable music, WILL TELL YOU THIS:

SONY PWNS. ALL. HAS and ALWAYS WILL.

Check this out:

Sony NW-HD3
-over 22 hours of playback on ONE charge!
-smaller, thinner, and lighter than ipod (and MUCH MUCH smaller)
-6 band equalizer!!!!!!!
-FULL mp3 support (as opposed to previous HD2 and HD1 models)

http://www.sony.co.uk/PageView.do?s...Audio+-+Walkman

Now,

FUCK IPOD

Why? Heres a FULL REVIEW of the bullshit i had to endure with an iPod:

Battery now lasts 15 minutes. I payed 450 dollars to buy it, and 100 dollars for an additional year of warranty to cover the replacement of the battery. Fair? No. If I were to replace it myself, I'd lose my warranty, so technically, i have to buy the warranty. What a brilliant scam to have the battery die after 18 months.

Apple = THIEVES.

The biggest flaw with the iPod is this:
Anytime you connect it to your computer via firewire, or powersource, it charges. My response: NO! I want to control the charge, and I want to control when to charge! This means that even if the iPod is 90% charged, it still charges! Why?!?! Are Apple engineers lazy or just stupid? Sony Minidiscs charge when the unit is connected to a power source only when you press the "stop" button! Clever, because this saves a lot of battery life in the long run. I take graphic design at school, and I connect my iPod to a mac everyday, and for it to recharge everytime is unnacceptable.

Another flaw is thats its always in standby mode. Even when you press "sleep" its in standby. This means, after a few days or a week (depending how your battery is doing) it will die and need to be recharged even though it hasnt been used at all.

If your given 10Gb or more of space to use on a portable device, should you technically be able to listen to at least 5% of what youve got? I never went through that many songs before the battery died, and trust me, it dies everyday on me.

Ive had numerous complications with mine:

-Battery problems galore
-unit disconnects for no reason when its plugged in via firewire
-it tells me my battery is low when ive just recharged it!
-it switched back to an older version of firmwire on its own, somehow???
-crashes sometimes

General faults and weak-points:

-using a preset equalizer setting drains the battery more so
-non-removable battery. why cant apple just not follow everyone else's trend and allow users to use an external li-ion battery? The fact is,
-headphones suck, they fall out of my ears.

Oh yeah, iTunes has customized EQ settings, why cant ipod have them? Or at least the ability to import a custom EQ from iTunes?

Okay, so now the good stuff:

Well, the scroll wheel. Apple has done a really good job of making navigation extremely fast. Scrolling through allbums and artists is a breeze, since the user defines the speed of which his/her fingers slides around the touch-wheel.

True scrolling within a song is my favourite feature, and this alone is worth 100 dollars. Im into trance music, so a lot of my music is a live recording, uncut, 60+ minutes. Going from the first minute to the 50th minute is immediate. This is simply brilliant.

Extra features are nice, like alarm clock, becuase i actually do use it to wake me up.

Instant play from track to track, theres no 2 second pause when selecting a track to play, the unit is able to pickup a track very quickly. This is also a drain on the battery, if apple slowed down the speed of it, it would gain some life!

Illuminated display is nice, but not a necessity. But works very well.

Contrast settings are very good. Going outside or indoors allows you to set it up easily.

Great sound, great volume. Lots of extra's in the unit, but not a functional portable device. It just wont last.

Look elsewhere.

Update:

Okay, so after a little over a year, my struggle with this worthless peice of junk have come to an end.
After having the ipod connected to my mac via firewire, i let it charge overnight. The next day i go out for work (30 minute walk) and i try and get the damnn thing to work. What do i get? A caution picture. I reset it, nothing. I gave up. After work i try once more, and still no luck.

The next day i called apple and they said i should be getting it replaced with a new unit, and all of my data from it will not be recovered. I spent 450 dollars, and an extra 100 dollars on warranty, so i could lose 2 months worth of school projects for graphic design?!!?!?

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

The dispatch for my ipod was supposed to come in on a monday, it came in 4 days later, GEE THANKS APPLE FOR MAKING ME WAIT LONGER WHEN I NEED IT FIXED ASAP, MORONS.

So, now Im playing the waiting game, if i get a new unit (which i damn well deserve one after all the redundant trouble ive had to endure with this expensive crap) im selling it IMMEDIATELY. If any apple zealot still wants it after reading my review, message me.
It still has warranty until August 2005.

ipods have become a lame ass trend, just like "ugg" shoes for gina wannabes.

Ps. my MD gets more people drooling over it than i had with my iPod. maybe thats cuz, a bar of soap isnt that interesting?

Last edited by kamil on May-05-2014 at 01:12

Old Post Dec-05-2004 12:40  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kamil Click here to Send kamil a Private Message Add kamil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ShadoWolf
http://news.com.com/2102-1001_3-202...g=st.util.print

nuff said

quote:

The companies also agreed to collaborate on the Java programming language and other programming languages to ensure they run consistently on both Windows and Macintosh platforms. In addition, Apple agreed to make Microsoft's Internet Explorer the default browser for the Macintosh platform.

o.O um, im pretty sure explorer was dumped (as it should have been a long time ago) and replaced with safari (much better, but not as good as firefox)

ps. that "deal" that Apple would ship every mac with exploDer is OLD news from like, the 90s (i fink)

that article is pure crap.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 13:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kamil Click here to Send kamil a Private Message Add kamil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj_mdma
I'm on HarderFaster now.

I was considering the Hi-MD range from Sony, but then i figured that 1 gig isnt' really enough its also quite expensive, but they do look good and they do have the excellent function of RECORDING!

I don't like iRiver's because they just don't "look" that nice tbh, although of course, it is a matter of opinion.

iPods are nice, but everyman and his dog has one, and why be like everyone else? also battery life has been said to be teh suxor.

so i went and got this instead:

battery life is up to 30hours at optimum performance, so i can see myself getting about 24 hours at my volume levels and file encoding. Atrac3 processing may be a bit of a bugger as it means you have to convert MP3's but the process isn't really that long. Atrac3 files are also better quality than mp3. And very few people have this, so i'm so much more elite than those ipod users

The Midnight Collective MySpace

Old Post Dec-05-2004 14:52  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for dj_mdma Click here to Send dj_mdma a Private Message Add dj_mdma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

its all down to personal opinion, and as much as i can get frusterated with my ipod from time to time im sure i would find reasons to get frusterated over the iriver too...

u guys just all need the stfu cuz this is getting old

"my car is better than your car"
"im smarter cuz i bought this, and you all suck for not thinking the same way"
"i have a bigger dick than all of you, so i win"

piss off.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 15:46  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for goodgreef Click here to Send goodgreef a Private Message Visit goodgreef's homepage! Add goodgreef to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread