Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
wwu.punisher
The Enigma

My 512MB IRiver IFP-195T suits me just fine. I hate IPods.

1. Utah Saints - Lost Vagueness (Oliver Lieb's Main Mix)
2. Klea - Tic Toc (Paul Van Dyk's Re-Edit)
3. Alibi - Eternity (Inner City Mix)
4. Cirque de Soleil - Pokinoi (Sasha Mix)
5. Chris & Kai vs. Levin - Gone to Heaven

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wwu.punisher Click here to Send wwu.punisher a Private Message Add wwu.punisher to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Furor Aquila
Senior tranceaddict

iPods are for trendwhores.

I had an iPod and I returned it because it froze a couple of times and the battery life was shi'ite and transfering of music had to be done through iTunes-a program that's worse than real player and windows messanger combined and it takes up like 10% of your system's resources.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:56  Albania
Click Here to See the Profile for Furor Aquila Click here to Send Furor Aquila a Private Message Add Furor Aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psionic
Dark & Dirty

Do the smaller iRiver mp3 players (like 512MB, etc.) come with all those same features (recording, etc.)?

Old Post Dec-05-2004 05:18  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psionic Click here to Send Psionic a Private Message Add Psionic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

I love iRivers...BUT one thing that has pissed me off with my MP3 CDplayer (imp400) was that TWICE the laser crapped out on me and I had to get it replaced. It was a bit of a piss-off, but they were really quick with getting back to me.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:00  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enferno
Penus Maximus

it all comes down to who has the most advirtising money.

if you think about it, that's all the presidental cannidates do, they try to sell you their 'product' (not that you sick fuck)

obviously the two people with the biggest pocket books are going to have the best campagin, and, thus, be the best known

if iRiver had a marketing budget like Apple, then shit, i would bet my left arm that it would be dominating the market.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for enferno Click here to Send enferno a Private Message Add enferno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fresh Prince
Instant Favorite

I am convinced, I will use that Romanian scam from other thread and get me an iRiver, I'll call it the iR
Oh I need sleep

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:25  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Fresh Prince Click here to Send Fresh Prince a Private Message Add Fresh Prince to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancendental
Senior tranceaddict

I was going to buy the Ipod but changed my mind after reading this article http://www.bythom.com/apple.htm I don't like the iRiver b/c you have to use their program, on the computer you installed iriver into. However iAudio is a different story. 1Gb flash mp3 player that acts like a harddrive. just connect to any computer via usb2 and voila anyways check out http://eng.iaudio.com/ I'm going to wait till January for the release of iAudio 5. People check it out.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for trancendental Click here to Send trancendental a Private Message Add trancendental to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ShadoWolf
ISOS

http://news.com.com/2102-1001_3-202...g=st.util.print

nuff said

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:31  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for ShadoWolf Click here to Send ShadoWolf a Private Message Add ShadoWolf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Solstice
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
^^^ Which increases its functionality too! With Ipod you can't use it as a hard drive, unless you install drivers and program on a host computer. With iRiver - if you need to use it as a portable storage, go ahead! plug it in and go! I also dropped mine several times, it's solid like a rock! plus it also comes with a leather case. It even has a digital input for recording - so if you want, you can even hook it up to SPDIF or Optical output and record straight to it.

Hey noob - in ipod options on itunes there is a setting "use as external disk" . You can then use it like a portable HDD. I've been doing it all year.

Oh - and BTW its all about the interface and ease of use, ipod is oh so smooth.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:35  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Solstice Click here to Send Solstice a Private Message Add Solstice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancendental
Senior tranceaddict

So are you saying the Ipods sucks b/c it secretly runs windows?

Old Post Dec-05-2004 06:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for trancendental Click here to Send trancendental a Private Message Add trancendental to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beats and beeps

Its like people arguing over pioneer cdjs or denon cdjs.

Pioneer being the ipod

Denon being the iriver.

Ones on top of the other because of marketing. And thats all.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 07:26 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranceporter99
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Tranc3
I've dropped my iRiver twice now and spilled water on it once, and it's still fine.

And yeah, sometimes I leave it in the car overnight and the battery is fine.

It's basically a portable hard drive because it's plug-and-play on XP systems, and plays mp3s and records and whatnot.

is leaving it in the car overnight bad?

My friend and I have a music blog.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 07:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranceporter99 Click here to Send Tranceporter99 a Private Message Add Tranceporter99 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread