Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Bellie
Techno ofcourse!

hehe that would be quiet stupid dont you think if they designed a gadget like this with a battery with a life of 15 mins

You can listen 10 hours of music with it or watch for 5 hours movies

Here in holland the Gmini is almost selling better than the iPods since the launch of the Gmini. The Gmini has so much more to offer than the iPod and that for almost the same price.

Whats better than watching your favorite movie in the train when going to work!
Try that with the iPod

Old Post Dec-07-2004 13:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Bellie Click here to Send Bellie a Private Message Add Bellie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

quote:
Originally posted by Bellie
Whats better than watching your favorite movie in the train when going to work!
Try that with the iPod

Watching your favorite game! (recorded or live)... I'm waiting for the era of trully on-demand portable devices - imagine having the following choices on your finger tips:

1. Watch your favorite show
2. Watch the game you missed or the one that's on
3. Watch a movie
4. Watch news real time
5. Listen to radio or satelite radio
6. Listen to MP3's
7. Play a game on demand - in a stand alone or team(while listening to MP3 or radio)
8. chat with your mates
9. Surf the web
10. Make a phone call

Well... while it may sound excessive, I'd say that you will see something very close in the next 3 years or so. With laptops getting smaller and more powerfull and wireless taking off, the next big thing will be the wireless wave.

When all major forms of wireless will consolidate, this will open up a whole new can of technology worms.

Looks like fun times are ahead.

Old Post Dec-07-2004 16:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Duracell_PsYcH
Junior tranceaddict

I was almost going to buy an Archos AV140 Video Recorder, they look pretty sweet, I just wanna know if anyone has one and can tell me about their Bat life.

The ARCHOS AV140 Video Recorder is the first handheld personal entertainment center. It combines a modular MP4 video player and recorder(1), MP3 music player and recorder, digital camera and camcorder(2), digital photo wallet and data storage in a compact device that fits in the palm of your hand.

MP4 video playback. The AV140 Video Recorder is the first handheld MP4 video player on the market. You can now enjoy anywhere 160 hours of near-DVD quality MP4 video with MP3 sound.

MP4 video recording. It has never been so easy to recorder video and then watch them wherever you are.

Click the JBM Digital Video Recorder onto your Jukebox and record off your television, VCR or camcorder directly into MP4. To make recording even easier a remote control is supplied with the Digital Video Recorder.

What you will playback is an AVI format file with MPEG4-SP VHS quality video and MP3 stereo sound.

While a standard tape can only hold 2-4 hours of video, your Jukebox has a 120 hours capacity (with DVR). More than enough to enjoy your favorite movies while on the move or, to take video information with you for your work.

* Depending on resolution chosen and on capacity of the Jukebox' hard disk. Figures given 40GB hard disk.

MP3 music. Complete MP3 functionality is included: record directly into MP3 from any audio source (stereo-set, computer etc.). The built-in microphone enables you to use the AV140 Video Recorder as a voice recorder providing 2,000 hours capacity. Listen to your MP3 tracks from the AV140 Video Recorder connected to your stereo set. You never need be without your favorite music as your entire CD collection fits on the Jukebox' hard disk, in the palm of your hand!

Photo wallet and viewer. The AV140 Video Recorder can store up to 400,000 photos for easy viewing by your family, friends, customers or colleagues.

View videos and photos on TV or built-in color LCD. Connect your AV140 Video Recorder to a TV and view videos and photos at large screen size. The built-in color LCD will display crystal clear videos or photos, anywhere you go.

40GB USB 2.0 hard disk. The AV140 Video Recorder is based on a 40GB hard disk. Connect it to your computer and it will be mounted as an additional hard disk, on which you can store any type of data. The USB 2.0 auto-connection ensures extra fast data transfer to and from your PC or Mac.

(1)with DVR (Digital Video Recorder) 100 included

(2)with optional Camera 100

AV140 Features :

Capacity: 40 GB* Hard Disk

*1GB = 1 bilion bytes, formatted capacity is less

Interface: USB 2.0, extra fast, compatible USB 1.1, PC & Mac.

Video playback: MPEG-4 SP with MP3 stereo sound, near-DVD quality. Resolution up to 640x368 @25f/s. AVI file format, reads XviD and DivX®* 4.0 & 5.0
Music playback: Stereo MP3 decoding @ 30-320 Kbits/s. CBR & VBR
Music recording: Stereo MP3 encoding @ 30-160 Kbits/s. VBR
Photo viewer: JPEG or BMP of any size
Display: TV output or built-in color LCD (237x234)
AV Connections: Stereo analog Line In & digital Line In/Out. Composite Video/ Earphone/ Line Out jack. Built-in microphone.
Playback autonomy: Up to 7 hours (MP3)
Scalability: Downloadable firmware updates from www.archos.com.
Power source: Internal: Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries. External: AC charger / adapter.
Dimensions & Weight: 110 x 79 x 29 mm (4.3'' x 3.1'' x 1.1''). 290g (10.23 oz)

JBM DVR Features :

Connection: Plugs into AV 120 expansion port.

RCA jack for composite video or MiniDIN socket for S-video (NTSC or PAL)

Capture rate: PAL: 320x240 @25 f/s, NTSC: 304x224 @30 f/s
Video input: Analog Composite Video or S-Video

Audio input: Analog stereo audio Mini-jack - RCA
Video compression: MPEG-4 SP with MP3 stereo sound in AVI format (can be read by XviD or DivX®* players)
Audio compression: Stereo MP3 96-192 kb/s CBR (Constant Bit Rate)
Power usage: 3 hours, autonomy off Jukebox Li-Ion batteries, usage of AC adaptor recommended.
Dimensions & Weight: 60 x 54 x 30mm ( 2.3" x 2.1" x 1.2"), 45g (1.5 oz)

* Files compatible with MPEG4-SP AVI only; MPEG-4: ISO/IEC standard by Moving Picture Experts Group; AVI: audio/video file container by Microsoft. DivX® is a registered trade mark of DivXNetworks Inc.

Systems Requirements:
PC: Pentium II 266 MHz. Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 64 MB RAM.

Mac: 9.2 or 10.2.4 iMac, G3 or higher.

Package Includes: AV140 Video Recorder, USB 2.0 cable, AC adapter, Li-Ion batteries (already installed), stereo headphones, AV cinch cable (SCART adapter for Europe). CD with MusicMatch™, drivers and 6-language manual. Digital Video Recorder, audio & video cables, remote control and 6 language installation sheet.

Archos looks like the thing of the future everyone will have.

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Duracell_PsYcH Click here to Send Duracell_PsYcH a Private Message Add Duracell_PsYcH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

THE BATTERY LIFE IS HORRIBLE! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ARCHOS PRODUCTS

Why?

Well, I have the Archos AV320. Everything about it is pretty amazing...except the 3 hours of music battery life

I will never buy an archos product again, and i recommend you dont start

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/stories/ExtractFramesFromGIFImages_AC55/animated_gif_movies.gif

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunsnail Click here to Send Sunsnail a Private Message Add Sunsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mndeg
;0

i feel sorry for people who cant afford an ipod that got something else
how do you listen to edm on a non ipod? you cant really skip 40 minutes of a liveset in a reasonable amount of time

soulful/latin/deep house + jazz

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mndeg Click here to Send mndeg a Private Message Add mndeg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

haha yeah. I remember trying to listen to livesets with a CD player. i would fast forward to something like 33minutes to listen to a great part. But then it went to 34 minutes....and i'd have to start all over again. Got really annoying

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/stories/ExtractFramesFromGIFImages_AC55/animated_gif_movies.gif

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunsnail Click here to Send Sunsnail a Private Message Add Sunsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beats and beeps

quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
haha yeah. I remember trying to listen to livesets with a CD player. i would fast forward to something like 33minutes to listen to a great part. But then it went to 34 minutes....and i'd have to start all over again. Got really annoying

Wasnt there a rewind button?

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:52 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

No, it broke

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:56 
Shemeck
Supreme tranceaddict

irivers can read cue/winamp playlist files so i dont think listening to a liveset is a problem

Old Post Dec-08-2004 03:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shemeck Click here to Send Shemeck a Private Message Add Shemeck to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mndeg
i feel sorry for people who cant afford an ipod that got something else
how do you listen to edm on a non ipod? you cant really skip 40 minutes of a liveset in a reasonable amount of time

MD cuts tracks every 5,6,7,8, etc minutes on the go. iPod cant do this.

PWNED.

Old Post Dec-08-2004 04:08  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kamil Click here to Send kamil a Private Message Add kamil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

i like my ipod and im quite happy with it

Old Post Dec-08-2004 04:41  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for goodgreef Click here to Send goodgreef a Private Message Visit goodgreef's homepage! Add goodgreef to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DeRangedMind
Supreme Houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sooper
How long ago did you get yours? The reason I ask, is that I use a PC, and my ipod is compatible, and I didn't have to get fire wire... the ipod came with a USB cable.. so simple!

Wrong my cousin bought a 30 gig Ipod in 2003 andhe had to buy USB 2.0 CarD (Hardware) and also the damn wire. He spent 600 on the whole thing. I mean goooooooood thats way too much and also the Ipod menu should atleast have color.Not just white and black/gray

1.The Grower feat Corey Andrew - Move Your Body (Jesse Garcia Remix)
2.Carl Kennedy - The Love You Bring Me - (Roger's S-Man Vocal Edit)
3.Louie Vega & Jay Sinister Seal feat. Julie McKnight - Diamond Life (Accapella)
4.Offer Nissim feat Maya - Perfect Love(Offer Nissim Perfect Club Mix)
5.DJ Brizi feat Selma Hernandes - Remedios (Relight Orchestra Remix)

Old Post Dec-08-2004 05:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DeRangedMind Click here to Send DeRangedMind a Private Message Add DeRangedMind to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread