And now for the good stuff.......
MY Sony MZ-N910 (which i love to death)
1) it is probably the smallest portable device that can last 114 hours, or anywhere over 50 hours. battery life is simply stunning. Size - Battery life ratio will probably be the best on mine (there are some others wich do a little bit better, but those are players only, mine records).
2) Size.....its extremely small....its so much smaller then everything else (except for those flash media mp3 players that cant take more media, like the fixed 256 or 512 megs of space)
3) Battery and Life: any time my battery dies, i can put in a new one, on the go, anytime, anywhere. this allows me to have about 75 hours of playtime with two gumstick batteries (noone will achieve sonys claimed battery life unless under certain conditions). Also, All sony MDs (afaik) have adapters, wich connect a case that holds a AA to the MD giving you doubled battery life. Therefor, battery life is almost NEVER an issue on MD.
4) LINE IN. The fact that i can record from ANY source is a major plus. Being a DJ means i gotta somehow record my stuff. Plus, i can record shows of my friends at clubs since i spin, and, best of all, recording live sets from Digitally Imported internet radio. BIG plus. (plus recording lectures at school, and i will be doing some experimental outdoor recording for a design project) Versatility with this is amazing, it will do everything.
5) Removable media. Perfect. I can take a disc, pop it in, take it, chose from any i want, throw in a new one, etc etc. I like the fact that i can store music at home and keep it safe. Also, MDs are not prone to scratches or breakage. And if ure MD drops and breaks, ure MD is fine. Kinna nice knowing that it wont fuckup.
6) Weight, although not the most important of the bunch, it does play a major role if ure gonna put it into ure pocket. Take an ipod or zen or something. they stick out cuz theyre big, then they sag cuz theyre heavy as fuck. Most MDs, and almost every New MD, is extremely light, mine weighs around 100 grams, ipods are much more.
7) Style: when ure a metrosexual, you will not tolerate a nasty design like a rio karma or something fugly. Also, all of u designers here will agree, the design of the sony MD is pretty slick, either in orange or silver, its sexy, as is the Cowon iAudio M3L or new Sony NW-HD3 (not out yet in N. America, but released in UK and Japan)
8) Sound: Well, MD is known to be the best of the best, and it is, some people actually prefer MD over CDs. The Major advantage of MD over most other units, is the customizable 6 band equalizer. And i truly love this feature. Especially when i have some tracks that dont give me enough bass and i want more, without hindering the batter life (unlike iPod).
9) Versatility: Hands down, the best, the ability to record from any source with line in and get identical sound in SP mode or almost identical in LP2 is incredible. I use my MD to record my DJ mixes. Thats how much trust ive put into it.
Buying trance is a lot like buying a car. Don`t buy American.
Last edited by kamil on Dec-06-2004 at 01:41