Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
sooper
Beat Slut

quote:
Originally posted by Nrg2Nfinit
and with ipods you can track to like any time in a long set in a matter of seconds

I LOVE the fact that you can fastforward, without interuppting the music on ipod.. same goes for browsing your tracks and sets for your next selection.

We are the ones we've been waiting for

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sooper Click here to Send sooper a Private Message Visit sooper's homepage! Add sooper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DRM
which brought me back to the ipod, it does have its faults but the fact is it has huge 3 party support for both hardware and software which imo automatically puts in first place.

Yes, it is extremely cool that ipod has 3 party support, and that's a great feature. But when you consider all of the faults in an Ipod, it's not worth it in my opnion:

[*]I'm a massive music nut, meaning I have a lot of music that I'm going to want to put on my player. I have 30 gb of music on my 40 gb player already and I've only had it for about a month.
[*]dishing out more shells is an understatement... ipods are WAAAAAY more expensive than they should be.
[*]The extra features must be purchased in addition to the already expensive player. For example, a case for your ipod must be purchased separately.
[*]The fact that it's only compatible with Mac and not PC sucks. In order to work with PC, I'm sure you know that you have to get a firewire, which also is more money and sucks
[*]I understand where you're coming from with battery life, however, if you can get a great deal more for cheaper, why not get it?

and last, I respect the fact that you don't like iRiver, and I don't like Sony. But there's still archos and creative, and a lot of other manufacturers that you could have considered when searching for a player.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Earthsnail Click here to Send Earthsnail a Private Message Visit Earthsnail's homepage! Add Earthsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sooper
I LOVE the fact that you can fastforward, without interuppting the music on ipod.. same goes for browsing your tracks and sets for your next selection.

that's the same for any player

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Earthsnail Click here to Send Earthsnail a Private Message Visit Earthsnail's homepage! Add Earthsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sooper
Beat Slut

quote:
Originally posted by Earthsnail
[*]The fact that it's only compatible with Mac and not PC sucks. In order to work with PC, I'm sure you know that you have to get a firewire, which also is more money and sucks

How long ago did you get yours? The reason I ask, is that I use a PC, and my ipod is compatible, and I didn't have to get fire wire... the ipod came with a USB cable.. so simple!

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sooper Click here to Send sooper a Private Message Visit sooper's homepage! Add sooper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sooper
Beat Slut

quote:
that's the same for any player

oh,

well with my old mini disc, to fast forward, i had to hold down the fast forward button, and listen to the music in fast forward speed.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:24  Canada
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

quote:
It's not that ipods are bad, it's just that people are getting ripped off by them...I'm not aware of the exact price, but I think a regular 20 gb ipod is about 400 dollars. With Ipods, battery life sucks compared to so many other audio mp3 players. With iriver models, you can play videos and music with certain models, and all of the models come with an FM tuner. And if I'm not mistaken, certain models have about the same amount of battery life as a regular Ipod if not more, for about the same price as Ipod if not less. Iriver is not the only manufacturer like this. Archos and Creative are also companies that give you more for your money. I have a Creative Zen NOMAD Xtra that holds 40GB of files and has 14 hours of battery life, and I got it for $236.00 (USD). Of course the only reason why Ipod gets all of the sales is simply because they advertise more, and it looks better. So to those who are considering getting an Ipod, I ask you to please reconsider, because you will be dissappointed. That is of course you like spending too much money and getting a piece of crap...
Honestly, if you have 20 + Gigs of the music YOU want, why would you want a radio tuner to listen to crappy quality reception and horrible pop music? The fact that it has a radio tuner is a null point. I've owned portable CD Players with radio tuners and i honestly only listened to them when A. i had no more CD's left with me. or B. i wanted the battery to last as it was almost dead but i still wanted some music.

dogs and I talk like an imbecile! I wander around, "Ooo! You want
food!" I've turned into a f*cking moron.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for getfoul Click here to Send getfoul a Private Message Add getfoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
How long ago did you get yours? The reason I ask, is that I use a PC, and my ipod is compatible, and I didn't have to get fire wire... the ipod came with a USB cable.. so simple!

My bad. I stand corrected. But my friend had an ipod when they first came out and he said that he had to buy a firewire because he didn't look at the fact that it was only worked with macs

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:29  United States
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

quote:
oh,

well with my old mini disc, to fast forward, i had to hold down the fast forward button, and listen to the music in fast forward speed.
I'm sure the iriver is like that too, as i see no way that the player can judge the pace you want to search as the iPod can with the clickwheel. I love being able to go to the middle of a set or wherever instantly. I just wish CUE files worked with the iPod.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for getfoul Click here to Send getfoul a Private Message Add getfoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by getfoul
I'm sure the iriver is like that too, as i see no way that the player can judge the pace you want to search as the iPod can with the clickwheel. I love being able to go to the middle of a set or wherever instantly. I just wish CUE files worked with the iPod.

actually, the way it works with most players is if you hold down the button for a certain lengh of time, it FF's faster, then if you hold down longer than that, it goes to an even higher speed...and so on

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:43  United States
Trazedict
[feed me prog]

quote:
Originally posted by ierxium
I had sex with my iRiver a couple of months ago and it didn't get pregnant. Good stuff.

ahahahahaha. beautiful post.

anywho, i must get one of these. lol just yesterdaY my friend was telling me about his new 20gb ipod.. its "only 300 bucks" and blah blah blah.. hehehe. i was like uh.. ill pass...

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trazedict Click here to Send Trazedict a Private Message Add Trazedict to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

still not as fast as the instant scrolling i would imagine. That, along with the playlists and great organization of finding things is what deems it a better player for me. Browse by song, artist, rating, genre, album, composer blah blah blah. It's all there at your fingertips.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:48  United States
Earthsnail
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by getfoul
Honestly, if you have 20 + Gigs of the music YOU want, why would you want a radio tuner to listen to crappy quality reception and horrible pop music? The fact that it has a radio tuner is a null point. I've owned portable CD Players with radio tuners and i honestly only listened to them when A. i had no more CD's left with me. or B. i wanted the battery to last as it was almost dead but i still wanted some music.

you have a point. But the radio plays things that you might not have on your player. For example, a radio talk show, a football game, or just a song that you like. That's why a radio is useful

Old Post Dec-05-2004 19:54  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread