Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Krypton
83.798 g/6.022x10^23

looks like iriver is going to my christmas list.

definately its the marketing.

where do u find irivers?

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:39  Korea-Democratic Peoples Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Krypton Click here to Send Krypton a Private Message Visit Krypton's homepage! Add Krypton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

quote:
Originally posted by goodgreef
at the time when i was buying my ipod the iriver had a lot of bad reviews and a person i personally knew had to return an iriver two or three times (THAT'S A LOT OF HASSLE!!!)..

Hey, that's possible - you're bound to find someone who has a problem with any product. Comparing apples (no pun intended) to apples, iPod is weak on features, has bloatware that needs to be installed and can be somewhat user-unfriendly, despite all the advertising.

As far as reviews go, consider the source... if you used any of the Ziff Davis sites (CNET, PCWorld, etc) - I don't consider Ziff Davis an objective source... - they are paid advertising machine. I posted several negative reviews about some products on their site and none were published.

Either way - if iPod rocks your boat, rock on.. all I am saying, do a due dilligence don't just follow what U2 tells you to do.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

quote:
Originally posted by goodgreef
the case was never leather.
oh yeah... that's right, it was like vinyl or smth... and the clip broke off on the very first day.

iRiver has a leather case to go with it...

www.iriver.com - no, I'm not a paid agent...

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dmatrox
something goes here?

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Ugh... they did That's why I returned iPod and bought iRiver. I've had mine for almost 2 years...

As far as everything else - iPod is pure marketing. I guess if it works for you - great.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore and don't give you a leather case. I wonder why? Cost cutting? oh, and the navigation wheel is no longer touch alone, it's touch and push, where's the old one was just touch sensitive.

i dont remember the features of the iriver back then, but i think ipods were the smallest and i considered another option, but was too heavy and too big.

i hope mp3 players get thinner.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dmatrox Click here to Send Dmatrox a Private Message Add Dmatrox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

yeah for sure.. anyway i just checked whatever sites i could for reviews.. i did research for about 2 months before i finally went ahead and bought my ipod as it was something i was fishing out a lot of money for and didnt want to spend it on something i would later regret..

i mainly talked to friends (aquientances) who used both products, and asked them what they thought of both... i tried not to look into paid-advertising review sites because they're too biased for my liking.

everyones entitled to their own opinion... but like i said it all depends on what you expect in the first place. i got what i expected.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:45  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for goodgreef Click here to Send goodgreef a Private Message Visit goodgreef's homepage! Add goodgreef to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dmatrox
something goes here?

Btw, you are wrong about irivers being cheaper

Iriver 20gb - $450

Ipod 20gb - $430

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...51&newdeptid=19

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...65000FS10043653

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dmatrox Click here to Send Dmatrox a Private Message Add Dmatrox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

Yeah... but you don't get:

1. build in and external microphone for recording shows
2. Remote control
3. Leather case
4. Optical in/out
5. Support for WMA/Oog/ etc.
6. Better product

Is it worth the extra $20????

Oh... the color one is actually cheaper because of rebates:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...729/promo_id=63

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:57 
Photo_bot_2k1
Photo_bot_2k5 ;D

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
Btw, you are wrong about irivers being cheaper

Iriver 20gb - $450

Ipod 20gb - $430

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...51&newdeptid=19

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...65000FS10043653

lol if you brought it from there you hella got ripped off...
I got my iriver for about 250 bucks and i heard they lowered the price even more since I got mine.
iRiver>iPod end of story.
There is nothing iPod whores can say about thier product that would top the iRiver.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Photo_bot_2k1 Click here to Send Photo_bot_2k1 a Private Message Add Photo_bot_2k1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dmatrox
something goes here?

quote:
Yeah... but you don't get:

1. build in and external microphone for recording shows
2. Remote control
3. Leather case
4. Optical in/out
5. Support for WMA/Oog/ etc.
6. Better product

Is it worth the extra $20????

Oh... the color one is actually cheaper because of rebates:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...729/promo_id=63

1. Ipod has optional accesories
2. Both have remote control included
3. Both have a carrying case included, no specifics on type
4. Dont know what that is, but there are no specifics for either product on optical
5. That is opinionated
6. You are biased.

conclusion: u are biased

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:03  Canada
Dmatrox
something goes here?

quote:
Originally posted by Photo_bot_2k1
lol if you brought it from there you hella got ripped off...
I got my iriver for about 250 bucks and i heard they lowered the price even more since I got mine.
iRiver>iPod end of story.
There is nothing iPod whores can say about thier product that would top the iRiver.

CND$

USD$

nuff said

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:03  Canada
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
1. Ipod has optional accesories
2. Both have remote control included
3. Both have a carrying case included, no specifics on type
4. Dont know what that is, but there are no specifics for either product on optical
5. That is opinionated
6. You are biased.

conclusion: u are biased

Check your facts, Jack! I pod does not have optional accessories, unles s you consider the charging cradle and usb/firewire cable "accessories" I bought a 40GB iPod last week for my wife (which is going back this week) - it doesn't have remote or case or radio and it sucks big donkey balls.

yeah, I'm biased... I don't like overhyped crapolas.

Here are specs for iRiver:
Color edition:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H340.aspx#

"legacy" edition:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H120.aspx#

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:09 
sEpH
Ezlv

quote:
no, I'm not a paid agent...

I dont know why but i dont believe you

Old Post Dec-05-2004 04:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sEpH Click here to Send sEpH a Private Message Visit sEpH's homepage! Add sEpH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread