Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Saturday Night Live
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

its been like this since the show started, the cast evolves and there are periods where people just call it saturday night dead, and as usual it always picks up and sometime later they say its awesome again.

good show.

Old Post Oct-08-2004 15:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Radagast
BANNED FOR LIFE!

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
its been like this since the show started, the cast evolves and there are periods where people just call it saturday night dead, and as usual it always picks up and sometime later they say its awesome again.

good show.

That's funny, because I thought every "period" before this had many good points. Seems to me the only funny part of the new SNL cast is Horatio Sanz. Not because he's funny, but because he breaks character so often. And Darrell Hammond's impressions are unfunny and inaccurate. Tina Fey is head writer and it shows. She isn't funny. Robert Smigel alone isn't enough to save this show, and he's been writing for SNL since 1985.

And Conan wasn't a cast member he was a writer.

SNL, Simpsons, and MADtv are no longer funny. They're beating a dead horse. They should have taken a cue from In Living Color and quit while they were ahead.

EDIT: Actually I like some of Hammonds impressions, such as Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Ted Koppel, and Cris Matthews. But more recent ones like Schwarzenegger, Trump, and Cheney aren't as funny to me.

With our electronic rhythms and the Armageddon Bass

Last edited by Radagast on Oct-08-2004 at 19:09

Old Post Oct-08-2004 17:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Radagast Click here to Send Radagast a Private Message Add Radagast to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CONNERMAN2000
Slick & Suave

Used to be great...but not anymore.

Old Post Oct-08-2004 22:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CONNERMAN2000 Click here to Send CONNERMAN2000 a Private Message Add CONNERMAN2000 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gunyouken
Senior tranceaddict

THe other day I saw it was on one of the channels and I thought OH Sweet Sat night live. I'm always hearing how funny it is from movies and shit... That show totally sucks balls. They had that guy from dude wheres my car on.. and he wasn't one bit funny(In movies he usually is funny) then they had this thing that was like a news cast, it was the absolute most least funny thing I ever saw.

My Discogs.

Old Post Oct-08-2004 22:53  South Africa
Click Here to See the Profile for Gunyouken Click here to Send Gunyouken a Private Message Add Gunyouken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
biznology
Supreme tranceaddict

this is a recurring idea, much like people saying that the simpsons needs more morals and plot.

its different to everyone, but everyone that says it was the best in the 90s is just nostalgic. ever see the first season? considering the time period that shit was crazy...or when harry shearer and martin short and the other dudes from Best in Show/whatnot did the synchronized swimming bit plus farley, ferrel and whatnot? There have always been hilarious shits there!

But like bse i gotta say im rarely with TV or TV on Sat night. Thats boozing time|

Old Post Oct-08-2004 23:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for biznology Click here to Send biznology a Private Message Add biznology to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TigerClaw
GDJB Staff

I used to like when Mike Myers was on the show, With skits like Wayne's World or Sproket.

MarkusSchulz.com Party107.com 160k 32k

Old Post Oct-09-2004 10:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TigerClaw Click here to Send TigerClaw a Private Message Add TigerClaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
getfoul
LOL Tiesto

coneheads or the landshark. Some of the funniest stuff was in the late 70's early 80's with dan ackroyd and company.

dogs and I talk like an imbecile! I wander around, "Ooo! You want
food!" I've turned into a f*cking moron.

Old Post Oct-09-2004 19:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for getfoul Click here to Send getfoul a Private Message Add getfoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SportTrance
Supreme tranceaddict

imo i dont know what the fuck all the rave is about family guy.......

Old Post Oct-09-2004 19:33  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for SportTrance Click here to Send SportTrance a Private Message Add SportTrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
D-res
Hangin from Sagan's uvula

ive never really been an SNL fan. its had its moments that have made me laugh, but like MAD TV, i never really get a whole lot of comic pleasure out of it. i prefer stand-up all the way...

Old Post Oct-09-2004 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for D-res Click here to Send D-res a Private Message Add D-res to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by josh4
rumor is Fox is going to finally axe the simpsons. they're brining back family guy (official not rumor) next year simpsons will get one more season then family guy and a new show american dad take over

Hmm, I remember like, three years ago FOX announced that The Simpsons were getting another seven (I think) seasons. I give The Simpsons two or three more years.

Old Post Oct-09-2004 19:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Saturday Night Live
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread