Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 15:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobraken
Supreme tranceaddict

New York is SLAMMIN BABYNEW YORK IS SLAMMIN BABY

Old Post Jun-29-2004 16:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobraken Click here to Send Cobraken a Private Message Add Cobraken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
umes23
BeatAddict

Re: Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
Actually it is the complete opposite. He plays far less hard stuff in NYC than most places.

no man, not true at all! remember, the largest chunk of paul van dyk's historical connection with new york city as a DJ still lies in the long extended 8 hour + sets that took place in what was twilo. ask all the old timers that may still be active on this forum, it was never about uplifting trance. this was always less than 50% of what pvd new york sets were all about.... and these sets were not only eclectic but very well programmed, and he would be doing it off of 3 1200s and cd players. but to the main point of all this, the largest portion of techno/hard trance/hard prog. house or anything thats not just some uplifting trance in a paul van dyk set outside of berlin was, has been, and will be in new york. (YES, a few exceptions from this.... but on the most part, it is still true, paul plays differently in new york... and if you wanna tell me these nights when he plays more techno and other shit than anywhere else (berlin aside) is not his hardest, then we've got a problem!
cheers

Old Post Jun-29-2004 17:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for umes23 Click here to Send umes23 a Private Message Add umes23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

Re: Re: Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by pacha4life
not when i've experienced it 3 times at roxy 1 twilo 1 spriti 1 central park...and then in atlanta, miami, cream amneisa

i definitely agree with you Nik...he ALWAYS bangs it out in NY!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 17:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
umes23
BeatAddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Enervate
i completely disagree.. i think for the first time in a looong time, his CP show had a great progression of tracks that made perfect sense, he would tease a song, and come back to it later, he threw 'ferry corsten - its time' as his soft blend track, personally.. i was blown away by the set.

i disagree with the dude also... however i must also disagree with you! if you were to listen to the two june 25 sets recorded, you could never a million years argue that central park was a properly flowing and programmed pvd set, but that's because its out of context.

now putting it into context, i think the rain at central park was pvd's worst nightmare....and that he REALLY proved himself and held his own through it... he was pulling out all the stops, staying in control, that i want to argue no dj who plays trance would have done in the same way. anyhow my point is pvd was pushing himself and thus us to the max in this crazy weathered party.... this included constant back and forth pitch adjustment, mixing in and out, mixer control and whatever standard dj tools that pvd knows how to use all too well. thus this set was not flowing, it was everchanging....but for the context and challenge of the moment, he did what he had to do and impressed me very much.

his set at spirit, i think was very well programmed mixed etc etc etc, tho most of the mixing at CP, despite the strange progressions was always spot on. fact is boys and girls, PvD rulez.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 17:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for umes23 Click here to Send umes23 a Private Message Add umes23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ShaolinSteez
tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by umes23
i disagree with the dude also... however i must also disagree with you! if you were to listen to the two june 25 sets recorded, you could never a million years argue that central park was a properly flowing and programmed pvd set, but that's because its out of context.

now putting it into context, i think the rain at central park was pvd's worst nightmare....and that he REALLY proved himself and held his own through it... he was pulling out all the stops, staying in control, that i want to argue no dj who plays trance would have done in the same way. anyhow my point is pvd was pushing himself and thus us to the max in this crazy weathered party.... this included constant back and forth pitch adjustment, mixing in and out, mixer control and whatever standard dj tools that pvd knows how to use all too well. thus this set was not flowing, it was everchanging....but for the context and challenge of the moment, he did what he had to do and impressed me very much.

his set at spirit, i think was very well programmed mixed etc etc etc, tho most of the mixing at CP, despite the strange progressions was always spot on. fact is boys and girls, PvD rulez.

Agreed.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 18:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ShaolinSteez Click here to Send ShaolinSteez a Private Message Add ShaolinSteez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KID-M
Supreme tranceaddict

My friend and I were in from Chicago for the weekend and had an awesome time in NYC. CP & Spirit were simply amazing. Met a ton of cool ass New Yorkers - this weekend really made me want to live there.

I don't really think PVD's hard/techy sets were only because it was NYC. His set in Chicago in April was like that (maybe not quite as hard) and had very little uplifting/synth/vocal/Armin stuff (a few tracks at most). His Space set for WMC was kind of like that too. I wonder if maybe that type of trance is over as far as PVD is concerned? It seems like the proportion of uplifting vs. techy/hard in his sets has been swinging more and more towards techy all year. I'm all for this new PVD style.

On a different note, does anyone know the name of the track Jerry Bonham played right before the Ride/Xpander mashup? He played it in Chicago and I've been trying to find it since. It has a bass guitar-ish sound and a breakdown w/some breakbeats and a distorted female spoken vocal. Here is a video sample from the Chicago show (may take a minute to load):

Video here

I would love for someone to ID this...please!

Thanks again for a great weekend...can't wait to come back

Old Post Jun-29-2004 19:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KID-M Click here to Send KID-M a Private Message Visit KID-M's homepage! Add KID-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

With the kind set that pvd threw down... there is only one track that I could think of that I would have wanted him to play...

Arome - Hands Up (DJ Scot Project Mix)

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 19:49  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
akaufma2000
Supreme tranceaddict

I wish he played Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing.....Standing in the rain!!!!

"But perhaps my most special gig was in Central Park [summerstage 2003]. To have 6000 people dancing in the park on a nice summer's evening in New York was incredible, it's something I'll always remember." -PAUL VAN DYK (DJ Mag no12/vol1)

Old Post Jun-29-2004 20:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for akaufma2000 Click here to Send akaufma2000 a Private Message Add akaufma2000 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BitchBoyNYC
Retired

Alright. There's tooooooo many posts to read before I finally post my review. All I have to say is WOW. Here we are 4 days later and I still am mezmerized by Friday night. PVD threw down the sickest set I've ever heard in my entire 25 yrs of existance, well, then came Spirit. We'll leave that for later. At first I thought the rain was going to be a big downer and ruin the night, but it had the total opposite effect. The rain added so much character, for lack of a better word at this point, to the whole experience. The atmosphere and the vibe were surpassed by nothing on the face of this earth. I'm sure you all have read what tracks were played and how the lasers were sick etc etc etc so I won't repeat it. But I will agree with it. One of the best moments of the night, to me at least, was when the rain was coming down really hard and PVD just came to the front of the stage and just started handing out napkins to everyone he could to let us dry ourselves off. That was really cool of him. PVD was def. on point with his track selection and keeping the crowd moving and shit. I wish the night never ended!!!!!!! Alright, now for the shout-outs to all my fellow TA's:

Brian---->My man, I told you we were going to have the sickest time ever and man did we ever. You are a focking party animal and great friend. I can't wait til we do this again. You're the focking man!

Rach---->Babe, you are awesome. You're such a sweetheart and such a genuinly good person. We had so much fun this whole weekend and altough the bulshit happened with your flight back, we still managed to make the best out of a fucked up thing. We will party again soon, I promise. Next time, I'll make the real Penne ala vodka

Bree---->You really are the best. Your hospitality to everyone was, I can't even put it into words. You're a great person and you def. know how to host a party. Thank you soooooo much for everything.

Indy---->It was sooooooo fun hanging out with you again. You're soooo great and you just make everyone feel like bugging out and partying. Really great person.

John & Alisa----> You two are amazing. I always have a great time when you guys are there. Alisa, I hope the shirt helped out John, I knew deep down inside you were a PVD muppett like me. I never thought I'd ever see you partying your ass off and enjoying PVD the way you did.

Zaneta---->Didn't I tell you that you'd love PVD once you saw him live? I'm glad you had a good time.

Cubie---->Great person bro. Nice to meet and hang out with you all weekend. You ripped that shit up on the decks at the "after" "after party" at the loft. Good shit bro. much respect.

Vlad---->As always, what a fucking time. Nice to hang out with you for a quite a few hours rather than like 2 hours at Junkie XL. Dude, what the fuck was up with that guy in Spirit that kept bothering Erin's friend? I was standing right next to you waiting to throw down if he got any more out of control. He would have still been laying there after we were done with him.

Sal---->You're a fucking party animal yourself bro. Always great to see you and hang out. It'll be de ja vu all over again for Armin @ SS.

Sean---->Bro always a pleasure to see you and your fiance, brother and his girlfriend. Didn't hang out much this time, but we'll make up for it at Armin bro. Great to hear Remember played at Spirit. Def a highlight of my night. I went looking all over for you when Paul dropped it.

Sergio---->Man, haven't hung out with you since Armin back in April. Nice to hang out again bro. You're a cool friend bro. we'll do it again soon.

There's just soooo many more to mention: Pat(Bree's bf) you're awesome bro, Adam-- you cracked me up all fucking weekend with your jokes. you're a funny mofo.

Erin, Daniela, Alyssa...It was so awesome to finally meet you girls. I can't wait til we all hang ot again.

I think that about covers it. This weekend wouldn't have been that same if it weren't for the people that I mentioned above. If I forgot to put you there, I'm sorry. It's not intentional. My mind is shot and I'm still fucking recovering I love you all and can't wait to do this again!!!!!! I'll end this with a quote taken from PVD's website:

New York - Friday 25th of June
Hello,I would like to thank each and everyone of you who attended Central Park Event on Friday evening and made this years event so very special.Heavy rain for 4 hours couldn't stop you - thousands of people kept dancing at Rumsey Play Field and creating an unbelievable vibe and atmosphere that the city has never seen before...New York - YOU ARE AMAZING!
Paul van Dyk

Paul, you're the fucking man!!!! You proved why you're the best!!
PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD!!!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BitchBoyNYC Click here to Send BitchBoyNYC a Private Message Add BitchBoyNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BxNemo
Mother******s....

I haven't said this but i will now, i'd throw down for any of you, regardless if i know imma get my ass beat. thank you very much and have a good day. also..

Espen & Elusive - Poetic Penetration (Furry Nipples Remix) 5 fuckin stars!
Second Sun - Playground
Interstate - I Found You

Old Post Jun-29-2004 21:43  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for BxNemo Click here to Send BxNemo a Private Message Add BxNemo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KID-M
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by akaufma2000
I wish he played Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing.....Standing in the rain!!!!

I was listening to that track this morning and thought the same thing!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 21:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KID-M Click here to Send KID-M a Private Message Visit KID-M's homepage! Add KID-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MunkyAngel
domogardenmunkyangelgirl

Pics to come as soon as I get back into Atlanta. Right now I'm at La Guardia about to leave and I don't want to! Thanks NYC for such a fantastic time! I will be back...more of a review to come...

<3 LeeAnn

to those of you coming to Atlanta in Two weeks OMFG Can't wait to see you all!!!!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 21:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MunkyAngel Click here to Send MunkyAngel a Private Message Add MunkyAngel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Bliss
DERELICTS & DEGENERATES

quote:
Originally posted by BitchBoyNYC
Alisa, I hope the shirt helped out

sir, your shirt is washed and folded and minty fresh... waiting for pickup... thank you for using alisa laundry services... that'll be $7.99

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:42  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Bliss Click here to Send Miss Bliss a Private Message Add Miss Bliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJDavidScott
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djozzman1
Kill this thread already, the event is over...you had fun it was great cool...no need to extend it to 95 pages for no reason

Then stay off the thread. If you read through what people have written, you would see that this evet(s) TOUCHED people. I myself CANNOT get the whole experience out of my mind. It was pre magic...100%. It was the best night for many people who follow PVD and it will not be repeated like this ever again. For those who see it the way I do...Glad we all enjoyed the fuck out of every second of the day and night.

Thank you PVD! See you SOONER than later

I just do it exactly the way I enjoy listening to it. This is most of the time it is with banging beats. It is even with a soft thing, a soft melodic idea, or whatever. I still like to have it rocking. Keep in mind what this music is made for, first of all. Its not made to be easy listening on the radio. Its not made to be easy listening in television. Its actually kick ass in the club. This is what music is. This is the purpose of this art form...to listen to it and let the frequencies actually blow you away. --Paul Van Dyk

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJDavidScott Click here to Send DJDavidScott a Private Message Add DJDavidScott to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bliss
sir, your shirt is washed and folded and minty fresh... waiting for pickup... thank you for using alisa laundry services... that'll be $7.99

WAIT JUST A SECOND GIRL!!! You wear his shirt and get it totally soaked, then you wash it, charge him, and make him pick it up??? WTF!!! Joey, dont take this kinda shit from women.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BxNemo
Mother******s....

just wait till you can use something of hers, like "alisa can i borrow ur e for a second" then just never give it back.

Espen & Elusive - Poetic Penetration (Furry Nipples Remix) 5 fuckin stars!
Second Sun - Playground
Interstate - I Found You

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:58  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for BxNemo Click here to Send BxNemo a Private Message Add BxNemo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
madhattared
Impeach.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by umes23 now putting it into context, i think the rain at central park was pvd's worst nightmare....and that he REALLY proved himself and held his own through it... he was pulling out all the stops, staying in control, that i want to argue no dj who plays trance would have done in the same way.

it seemed like PVD was building off of the rain to me. he would pick up the tempo and the harder it raind the harder tracks he would play. this set seriously counldn't have been planned to match so well with the environment.

quote:
Here we are 4 days later and I still am mezmerized by Friday night.

totally agree, the smile still hasn't left my face.

and as for Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing that would have been so nutz. =)

the rain, lightning, beachballs, laser show, people and of course the music made this a night that won't leave the mind any time soon, and i'm still ridin cloud 9
=)

In the beginning there was Jack. And Jack had a groove. And from this groove came the groove of all grooves. And while one day viciously throwing down on his box Jack boldly declared "Let there be house!" And house music was born. I am the creator and this is my house and in my house there is only house music. But I am not so selfish because once you enter my house it then becomes our house and our house music and you see no one man owns house because house music is a universal language spoke and understood by all. You see, house is a feeling that no one can understand really unless you're deep into the vibe of house. House is an uncontrollable desire to jack your body and as I told you before this is our house and our house music. In every house you understand, there is a keeper and in this house the keeper is Jack.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 23:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for madhattared Click here to Send madhattared a Private Message Add madhattared to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
madhattared
Impeach.

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK..... ITS THE HOTTEST RECORDS IN NEW YORK!!!!!!! (vids coming soon )

whats the name of this track? sooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood.

In the beginning there was Jack. And Jack had a groove. And from this groove came the groove of all grooves. And while one day viciously throwing down on his box Jack boldly declared "Let there be house!" And house music was born. I am the creator and this is my house and in my house there is only house music. But I am not so selfish because once you enter my house it then becomes our house and our house music and you see no one man owns house because house music is a universal language spoke and understood by all. You see, house is a feeling that no one can understand really unless you're deep into the vibe of house. House is an uncontrollable desire to jack your body and as I told you before this is our house and our house music. In every house you understand, there is a keeper and in this house the keeper is Jack.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 23:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for madhattared Click here to Send madhattared a Private Message Add madhattared to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RachUCF1001
got 2 Believe

I too was in La Guardia airport this morning at 6am sadly awaiting my flight back to Florida.

Im finally home now but I HAVE to say ..The experience I had this weekend was so meaningful in so many ways. Not just the INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEE clubbing/partying, but with the people I spent my time with! Each and every one of you added something to the overall experience And I love you guys!

Like Joey said, alot doesnt need tp be repeated but man, that torrential downpour *MADE* SS. Period. At first I was like F*CK when i felt the drops coming down before pvd came on, but then when the HURRICANE began we all just got into it 101%!!!!!!!!!The rain started pouring down on all of us, the LAZERZ in our faces, the music BANGIN,JUmping up and down in the mud and just going NUTS with everyone...!!!!!!!!!--I cant even verbally describe it to you.. being there is the only way would ever in a million years understand.It was surreal. Spirit was awesome as well, SET WAS OUTTA CONTROL!!!!!!!!! Played so hard and I died (pretyt much the highlight of my night)- when he encored with I Feel You, this is one of my fave tracks EVER, total chills every time I hear it, lyrics absolutely beautiful. No need to get into details on the next day ( our AFTER-AFTER-AFTER partying.. oh my god. You guys know whats up, that was sooooooooooooooooooooooo FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Loft party ROCKED MY WORLD.and then even more after after after parting on Sunday good times even though i had tummy issues- was still fun as hell!

BRIAN- Any time Spent with You is never dull...all of these party excursions! Some of the best experiences of my life have been spent with YOU recently. You are SO much fun, and you mean so much to me. Cant wait till Bo and Dom on the 9th.

BREE- Girl, its like i told ya at the loft party, im so glad we finally got a chance to "hang out"...(i feel this way about alot of you i was with this weekend actually) You were so great this weekend, and I appreciate everything from the bottom of my heart. I cant wait to see you again!

INDY- YOU FFUCKING GRANDMA WHOREBAG! YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEARTATTACK FROM LAUGHTER AT THE AGE OF 21!!!! I cant deal, You are SOOOOOO FKINGGGGGGGGG FUNNY! I had SO MUCH fun with you this weekend, Cracked out walking to the car after Spirit: TIESTO IS MY G-SPOT and im fucking chinese.Then you- "Grandma 'K' " driving us -- all the f*cking super CRACKIES to the afteRRRRRRRRRRRRRR party at 1pm the next day ....so we can be even bigger crackies, and yea thats when i had that heartattack in the back seat with Brian the whore.Cubie barking in the front seat. 2 much.Yea I was out of my fucking mind at that point. GAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I cant wipe the smile off my face I have right now as I type this! lololol I love you girl.

JOEY- You saved my life this weekend. I owe you Man! I had a great time with you.. and you have an amazing heart, we definitely bonded and I know Ive gained a true friend. I cant wait to see you again, hopefully for Armin in CP or the beach party. again,Thank you thank you thank you for helping me with the airport fiasco, I dont know what I would have done without you.

CUBIE- *M-Y* CUBAN SHEPARD. you sexy BEAST you Thats my nickname for you for life bitch.
-----> You can bark at me anytime baby. bring it. Ive told you already but Ill say it again.. We were all hardcore this weekend, but YOU were the most hardcore of us all. You went to the end... And you're a good boy. Mad props, you are the shit. Im so glad we spent time together this weekend, you are amazing,an EXCELLENT dj.. i saw for myself at the afterparty (that was pure talent in the flesh baby)n! I cant wait to see you in Atl! And wait one more thing Coobs-
Dude-

Wheres my car?!
Dude, I dont know.. LLOLOLOLOL
You know you are my boy, ermMM...i mean...... my DOGG! lolol

SERGIO- I enjoyed that massage more than you did, believe me the pleasure was all mine! ur sooo damn cute. lolololol You are SUCH a sweetheart, and so very considerate. I am so glad to have met you,although Im a little upset you didnt initially have the feeling you would get along with me? Why!? *sniff sniff* O well, point is- we totally chilled , and You are awesome. I cant wait to party with you again honey! xoxox

ERIN- you sexy vixen RoArrrrrrrrr! HEHEHE, you are so cute, Im so glad I got to meet ya; next time we have to hang out more tho -Liz too!!! , i know its hard cuz we were out clubbin

It was great meeting Frost (John) and Alisha finally- ( Hope you guys had fun on your hike on Saturday!), Daniela great seeing you-you looked beautiful! and seeing My VladY!wtf you are "ta bodyguard" not "Rachels Bodyguard" ANYMORE!? psh!!!!!!!!!!! You are lucky I love you and you are sexy!
Also @Spirit wonderful seeing Scott and LeeAnn (& other ATL TA'S) and Jeff and HoPe -love you guys and ill see you in a couple weeks at Rise!

Anyone I forgot ( i hope i didnt.. !) Im sorry, my brain cells are a bit beside themselves today... I had such an amzing time with each and every one of you...

Weekends like these I will neevr forget, memories Ill treasure forever!Miss you guys, Til next time...

(very soon...! )

Love, Rach xoxoxo

W E A F T E R H O U R S

Last edited by RachUCF1001 on Jun-29-2004 at 23:38

Old Post Jun-29-2004 23:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RachUCF1001 Click here to Send RachUCF1001 a Private Message Visit RachUCF1001's homepage! Add RachUCF1001 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

heh, yea Im everyones bodyguard, but you come first - unless something happens - than your second.

quote:
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 23:41  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon

quote:
Originally posted by madhattared
whats the name of this track? sooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood.

ditto!

ID iD ID ID iD ID iD

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Jun-30-2004 00:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FlaMesTriKe
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sirocco
ditto!

ID iD ID ID iD ID iD

also waiting for an id on that.....and get those damn vids up already

Old Post Jun-30-2004 00:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for FlaMesTriKe Click here to Send FlaMesTriKe a Private Message Add FlaMesTriKe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
skytrancegirl
Supreme tranceaddict

as some of you were saying..i was wondering myself why he didn't play "holding onto nothing" it would have went so well!

one song that would have totally fit into his set is:

"U"- elastic culture(dj scot project remix)- that would have been sick!

i still can't stop thinking about friday nite either...its one of those events that keeps you smiling for days!

Old Post Jun-30-2004 04:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for skytrancegirl Click here to Send skytrancegirl a Private Message Add skytrancegirl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MunkyAngel
domogardenmunkyangelgirl

OMG!!!!! I'm back here in blah ass Atlanta once again. Let me tell you other than going to Pvd at CP and Spirit I think that I got to also see other things of New York City and I fucking loved it! I'll be back for more. To everyone I met it was very nice meeting you all finally!!! For those of you that did not meet me I was the girl with the Atlanta Trance Addicts Love Paul van Dyk Poster!! Maybe next time.

Lee Lee and Lee will take over the world! ha

Shannon omg you soooo freaking cute too!!!

Brian The nice wet hug we shared hehe See ya in a week

Rachel great seeing ya girle! See ya in a week as well

Indy Great seeing you again.

Bri We finally saw each other at the end of CP!

Chris (s0t) Great meeting ya!! Remind me with what nights you play.

Val!!! sunnyval- Thanks for hanging with me while Scott was dancing in the puddles. We'll be in touch =)

To all my lovely Atlanta Trance Addict Family!(Bobby,Jordan,Phil,Nik,Ken,Hope,Jeff,and Phil) my bestest friends in the whole world! You are all the greatest! It was great that we were all there to share this special event with each other!

Bobby,Jordan,Ken,Hope,Jeff, and Scott- Wow you guys are amazing. We had so much fun this weekend. We'll have many more like always. Down-the-Hatch,Scott drinking Hot Sauce, Free Pictchers of Beer, Tron,NYC, The bus tour, the parties, Saturday Afternoon!

Scott- My own personal tour guide of New York and Chinatown. Thanks babe your the best and told you would have fun at David Letterman!!! =) <3

Wow I LOVE NEW YORK!

I'll have the pictures organized by the end of the night. I am like everyone else. I did not take many pictures at Central Park for Fear of hurting my digital camera and I don't think anyone got cameras into Spirit or did they? I didn't take mine so it's okay.

Last edited by MunkyAngel on Jun-30-2004 at 14:34

Old Post Jun-30-2004 05:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MunkyAngel Click here to Send MunkyAngel a Private Message Add MunkyAngel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJDREO
chillen

I already said my review. But like someone said.. It touched us. Really amazing night. I wanted to bring something back so I can remember every now and then what a great night I had. But everything was soaked. So i took 2 beachballs and put them in my back pack lmao. My only disapointment was I did not meet any Ta's. From most of the vidz I was right behind you guys but Didn't really know what you guys looked like.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 05:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJDREO Click here to Send DJDREO a Private Message Visit DJDREO's homepage! Add DJDREO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pacha4life
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DavidScott
Then stay off the thread. If you read through what people have written, you would see that this evet(s) TOUCHED people. I myself CANNOT get the whole experience out of my mind. It was pre magic...100%. It was the best night for many people who follow PVD and it will not be repeated like this ever again. For those who see it the way I do...Glad we all enjoyed the fuck out of every second of the day and night.

Thank you PVD! See you SOONER than later

well said..stay off the thread....it was def an unbelievable experience and still unreal till this day man hit the nail on the head

Old Post Jun-30-2004 12:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pacha4life Click here to Send pacha4life a Private Message Add pacha4life to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
madhattared
Impeach.

damn =( no one knows the ny track...

any know the new order / orgy - blue monday mix that pvd played at spirit? i thought that was kinda cool and worth another listen

most unreal night ever. really using words to describe it can't come close. still fun though

Old Post Jun-30-2004 12:33  United States
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon

Solar Myth - Piece Process

remake of blue monday ;p

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Jun-30-2004 13:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:

remake of blue monday ;p

That track was sooooo SICK

Old Post Jun-30-2004 13:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Choobak
i need my funk

quote:

remake of blue monday ;p

yeah, that bassline is a rip off...

mmmm.. delicious...

Old Post Jun-30-2004 14:51  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Choobak Click here to Send Choobak a Private Message Add Choobak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sival
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by madhattared
its the hottest records in new york.

ID anyone???

Old Post Jun-30-2004 15:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for sival Click here to Send sival a Private Message Add sival to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klingklang77
blank

quote:

remake of blue monday ;p

is there a vocal version of this song? i have only heard the instr.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 15:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for klingklang77 Click here to Send klingklang77 a Private Message Add klingklang77 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
madhattared
Impeach.

ok so i've scoured a ton of search engines for hottest records in NY and this is what turned up.

* DJ Le Blanc & DJ Renegade Presents Hungarian Moustache Party 2 - Shisha / One Of The Hottest Records In New York (Full Version, & Instrumental Re-Edit)

i have no idea if this is the right song / mix that pvd played though

Old Post Jun-30-2004 16:00  United States
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

If I had a program to do it... I would layer the vocals over the song, of course with my own original touch though.

And I think what Paul played was... Piece Process - Solar Myth (Markus Schulz Breaks Mix)

quote:
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 16:55  Ukraine
PVD fanatic
behind the decks always..

what remix of Marc Robbins- Are you a freak & Prodigy - Voodoo people ... did he play ?? anyone know ???

Old Post Jun-30-2004 17:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PVD fanatic Click here to Send PVD fanatic a Private Message Visit PVD fanatic's homepage! Add PVD fanatic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Choobak
i need my funk

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
And I think what Paul played was... Piece Process - Solar Myth (Markus Schulz Breaks Mix)

nah.. he only played a few pure breaks songs and that definitely was not one of them...

the new order remix still had some of the new order riff in it.. it's a real mystery figuring out what track this is...

mmmm.. delicious...

Old Post Jun-30-2004 17:13  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Choobak Click here to Send Choobak a Private Message Add Choobak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vandit56
Senior tranceaddict

TRACK

The track that PVD played that sounded like Voodoo people was ASYS-No more Fuckin Rock an Roll!!! Dope track hard hard bassline very good remake.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 17:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vandit56 Click here to Send Vandit56 a Private Message Add Vandit56 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ray7455
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PVD fanatic
what remix of Marc Robbins- Are you a freak & Prodigy - Voodoo people ... did he play ?? anyone know ???

I actually dont think it was Prodigy - Voodoo People, I believe it was a mix of A*S*Y*S - No More Fuckin Rock n Roll, which is an awesome remake of voodoo people. The original of no more fuckin rock n roll has a few lyrics in it though, basically just a guy saying the title, but the track paul played had no lyrics, so either he edited them out or it was some other remix

^ bah, you beat me 2 minutes while I was writing this reply damn you

Old Post Jun-30-2004 17:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Ray7455 Click here to Send Ray7455 a Private Message Add Ray7455 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Mikey Mike
Your mum's face

quote:
Originally posted by PVD fanatic

Paul plays the Silvio Ecomo Remix of Are You A Freak.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 17:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Mikey Mike Click here to Send DJ Mikey Mike a Private Message Add DJ Mikey Mike to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread