Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Driving Tests In The UK...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Disco_Gibson
Supreme tranceaddict

Driving Tests In The UK...

Is it just me or has this turned into the biggest joke of the last 3-4 years?

It is so bloody hard now its unbelievable.I failed today for the second and it was the lamest excuse ever,putting my indicators on too early!

So ill have to do it a 3rd time ffs.and it costs 99 quid to do the whole thing as well!

Its reallY REALLY pissing me off.I have friends that have failed 4 and 5 times.They can drive well enough after having like 40 odd lessons.Ive been hearing so many stories of people doing it 6 and 7 times.I mean it never used to be as bad as this?

In Northern Ireland here the industry was privatised and so to make profit they HAVE to fail a certain number every year.Its fucking rediculous.

Any one else having similar problems? Is it this bad in England,Wales or Scotland or indeed the USA?

Sorry for the rant guys,ive a Honda Civic sitting in the driveway and im dying to take it out but these bastards are stopping me from doing it!

Your thoughts?
Sean.

Old Post Jan-26-2005 14:54  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Disco_Gibson Click here to Send Disco_Gibson a Private Message Add Disco_Gibson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

Sorry to hear you failed. Lame excuse indeed!

I think to be honest there are too many shit drivers on the UK roads and the test should be hard.

Easy test = too much traffic = pointless having car

Here is to less drivers, but better ones. In the meantime you can borrow my chauffeur

Thanks
Fraser (passed 21st Aug 2001)

Old Post Jan-26-2005 14:57  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rostros
Carbon Sasquatch

Hey dude, i know what you mean about getting a driving Licence i know ppl who have spent over £2000 just to get on the road which these days i hate driving with all the other car's on the road, road works and jams.

I actually passed my test first time as i had a good instructor i thought i failed as i was doing 40 in a 30 but she told me i was speeding i thought fuck ive failed then she said you have passed i was like nice one, but I did fail my Theory test, I got 89% , I needed 90% I failed on identifying a Tram Sign.

The UK has the worst Transport system in the world, seriously it is fucked, between rush hour you are going to expect 1-2 hour delay on any motorway, A 10 min journey for me can turn into a 1 and a half hour Jam. Also the average insurance for a 17-25 is £1000 ($1800) a year, as 1 in 10 insurance claims is a scam. Also road tax is £170 for 12 months for anything over a 1.6 Litre, and dont get me started on fuel it costs me £35 2 weeks to travel. I have worked out below how much i spend on driving.

Driving Lesson's (£15 per lesson) x 15 Lessons = £225
Theory Exam (29.99) x 2 = £59.98
Driving Test which takes 6months to get a test booked is £70 for exam = £70
Drving Licence Indentification is = £30.00

Fuel per month in a 1.6 Ltr car about 10,000 miles a year is gonna be £768 Year
Road Tax for year in 1.6 or higher is = £170
Insurance for average 17-25yr is £800.00 per year , i pay £1200 cos its 1.6 GTi

Overall It has cost me £2122.98 to pass my test and drive for a year (NOT INCLUDING MY CAR WHICH IS £6000 BORROWED)

Serious joke.

" You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip
through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us will-
ing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert."

Old Post Jan-26-2005 15:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Rostros Click here to Send Rostros a Private Message Add Rostros to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mezzir
BEES?

shit, i feel bad for you guys
had to do 6 driving times
after 2, my instructor realized i totally didn't need them but the wording of the law or w/e said i needed to be at the wheel for 12 hours total
so he'd pick me up, we'd grab dinner to go somewhere, drive to his office, and he'd go inside for an hour or so and do paperwork while i did homework and listened to music in the car
the road test was easy as fuck too, got the 'easy' trooper
it consisted of:
backing out of the parking spot for 50 ft straight - no problem, i'm fine at backing, straight line or not
taking a right turn onto a kinda busy road: easy, dur
taking a *gasp* unprotected left! onto a side street: there wasn't any traffic when i went to turn, easy as fuck again
doing a 3 point turn: still easy
and driving all the way back to the station, all 1/2 a mile or so
needless to say, i passed

http://www.youtube.com/mezzir

Old Post Jan-26-2005 15:57  Niue
Click Here to See the Profile for mezzir Click here to Send mezzir a Private Message Add mezzir to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jackson
Supreme tranceaddict

Also lads remember that us lot in the uk have to drive manual (stick shift) for our driving lessons.

Old Post Jan-26-2005 16:20  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson Click here to Send Jackson a Private Message Add Jackson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

hmm, i dont know how it is now, but when i first got my permit, the lady at the driver training school just gave us all the answers to the questions over and over till we memorized which answers go with which questions. so then got 100% on the permit test, and the driver test wasnt too hard i think they are kind of easy on you, you wonder why there are so many goddamn accidents around here, although out of my 5 years behind the wheel, never got into one.

Old Post Jan-26-2005 16:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zild
Ten City

In Texas if you're under 18 you take driver's ed and they give you a little slip to take to the driver's lisence office and you get your lisence. I think you only fail if you drive dangerously. My first car was a manual and I don't think they're any harder to drive than an automatic. Its like riding a bike.

Latest Mix

Old Post Jan-26-2005 16:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zild Click here to Send Zild a Private Message Add Zild to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

in new york state it's written test to obtain a learner's permit (7 out of 20 questions involve alcohol). learner's permit allows u to get behind wheel supervised, then u schedule road test.

using the blinkers too early sounds like a shit reason to fail someone. i've heard people here in NYS fail for not using blinkers when pulling out, first thing on the driver's test.

i took 18 hours of lessons (since our family didn't have a car before i just got one). got a pretty easy DMV lady, did a stop sign, left turn into oncoming traffic, parallel parking with plenty of room to work with, u-turn/3-point turn... i got one deduction for a nasty left turn. so 85 out of 100 points on my driver's

Old Post Jan-26-2005 17:36  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson
Also lads remember that us lot in the uk have to drive manual (stick shift) for our driving lessons.

Isn't this the standard?

(Automatic transmission = cheating)

Old Post Jan-26-2005 17:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj_mdma
I'm on HarderFaster now.

i think there is a daily quota they have to fail in the UK, so if you're unlucky enough to be in the testers shortlist, you will fail on the most minor thing :/

The Midnight Collective MySpace

Old Post Jan-26-2005 17:47  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for dj_mdma Click here to Send dj_mdma a Private Message Add dj_mdma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
D-res
Hangin from Sagan's uvula

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Isn't this the standard?

(Automatic transmission = cheating)

that sucks... in the US you drive whatever car you drove to the DMV with. i drove my moms jeep. i pwn that jeep

i had a few minor mistakes but he passed me. he was cool too. didnt make me parallel park either. just an uphill park and a Y-turn.

got mine December 11 '03

been driving 1 year, 2 months and no accidents yet.

*knocks on wood*

Old Post Jan-26-2005 18:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for D-res Click here to Send D-res a Private Message Add D-res to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tu_face
No Known Cure...

gutted. although putting your indicators on too early could cause someone to think you are pulling over, it is a petty bastard thing to fail you on. there must have been other minor niggles?

either way, they just love making money out of suckers like you.

Old Post Jan-26-2005 20:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for tu_face Click here to Send tu_face a Private Message Add tu_face to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Driving Tests In The UK...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread