Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > England having too much fun
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It's a personal favourite. Mikey Mike was also quite fond of it, as I recall.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-16-2012 02:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

If there's one thing I truly admire about Mikey Mike is his glossary when it comes to insults. I'm willing to bet he had a thesaurus as a kid and he learnt all the fundamental words of your language throughout the years

Old Post May-16-2012 02:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Acton
I believe I know what you're referring to. I'm a big believer in working hard and playing hard, as such I love a drink on a night out as much as anyone else (if not more so) and I'm open to almost almost anything.... with the exception of certain commercial chains/areas that rely on attracting the very worst people that the UK has to offer.

I don't want to sound snobby, but I literally refuse to associate myself with these places, mainly for the reasons you posted above. The youth drinking culture today, from my perspective, is certainly more worrying than it was a few years ago.... but at least back then, we had some class.

Anyway, I'm currently slightly drunk and posting this from a Revolution vodka bar in Manchester.... one of the only 'commercial' chains I enjoy.

Heads up, shots down.

/slightlydrunkpost

The problem also lies that people don't know how to take responsibility for themselves. Even when we were underage & having a drink in the park or wherever we could go, it was fun, random and you never had 2 nights the same but you always made sure you didn't get too screwed up. Well, my brother didn't one night but a quick night in hospital & weekend feeling like death at 16 soon got him doing it properly

Old Post May-16-2012 05:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Well, my brother didn't one night but a quick night in hospital & weekend feeling like death at 16 soon got him doing it properly

LOL, nice. I did a lot of "goon-chundering" as a teen, but never ended up in hospital. Had a couple of friends that needed to get their stomachs pumped though

Old Post May-16-2012 06:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

Sounds pretty awful. I imagine that's what it would be like if every bar in the US was a college frat bar. *shudder*

Is weed legal in England yet? Maybe it's time...

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post May-16-2012 07:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lilith
Meowsies!

quote:
Binge drinking has reached crisis levels in Britain, health experts say, costing the cash-strapped National Health Service 2.7 billion pounds (US$4.4 billion) a year, including the cost of hospital admissions related to booze-fueled violence and longer-term health problems.

Actually that's not a lot to take your mind off the awful food, boring sports like soccer and the endless whining that 95% of the population spend doing every waking hour. The fact some of them get punched in the head because of it once in a while is merely a bonus.

Putting it into perspective...

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes/index.html
quote:
National Estimated Cost of Obesity
The medical care costs of obesity in the United States are staggering. In 2008 dollars, these costs totaled about $147 billion.

In the US they spend more than 30 times the amount simply waddling around being massive fat bastards, dying of heart attacks while rooting their cousins, shooting brown people for terror and putting extra cheese on everything.

Not good cheese either, I don't know what you do to it but its probably not from a conventional cow.

Old Post May-16-2012 09:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lilith Click here to Send Lilith a Private Message Add Lilith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Putting it into perspective...

That perspective might be more useful if you didn't compare a number based on 50 million inhabitants to one based on 311 million.
Then of course it's still true that America is full of fat fucks...

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post May-16-2012 10:32  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
LOL, nice. I did a lot of "goon-chundering" as a teen, but never ended up in hospital. Had a couple of friends that needed to get their stomachs pumped though

somebody laced the bottle of home-mix with Pernod. He was absolutely wrecked and in -3c outside in Feb what did his mates do? They took his coat off to give him a pillow to sleep it off whilst he was then in t-shirt & jeans. To this day, the name or smell of pernod makes him heave. He spent 18 hours unconscious in hospital but didn't need pumping in the end.

Old Post May-16-2012 12:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I've never had to have my stomach pumped or had anything too bad happen from drinking. One time I was at a party about 2 blocks away from my friends place. I hated everyone there and drank in excess. We played King's Cup. I was taking shots of vodka in twos while we played because nobody else would join me. Then I drew the last king, drank a flower vase full of shitty beer. After that I remember being driven to friends house, sprawled across backseat, door open, head hanging out. That was one of the last times I drank vodka.

I'm with Sys J on getting depressed when I find myself in some god-forsaken place like that.

And Meat...next time I'm in Austria the two of us will show those Brits a thing or two about drinkin.

Old Post May-16-2012 12:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
because nobody else would join me.

so surprised.

Old Post May-16-2012 13:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
And Meat...next time I'm in Austria the two of us will show those Brits a thing or two about drinkin.

I'm certainly not trying to out-drink Acton. That can't end well.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post May-16-2012 13:21  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
Like a FCKNG BIRD

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187

I'm certainly not trying to out-drink Acton. That can't end well.

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post May-16-2012 18:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > England having too much fun
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 5 from Sanctuary II cd (circa 1999) [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackYelle vs the Freaks - "Je veux te voir" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread