Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Please read before posting!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Please read before posting!

What threads in this forum are for:

DJs to promote themselves by posting their mixes up for peer review

I’d prefer that the mixes posted belong to the poster, but I’m aware that there are a few small promotion companies out there that occasionally post up mixes here on behalf of the DJs they represent. I’m totally happy for this to continue, as long as the focus remains on the DJ/mix rather than on the company trying to spam it’s services to the other users here.

What threads in this forum are NOT for:

Posting tracks/songs that you have made

There is a separate sub-forum specifically for that, >>>CLICK HERE<<<

Promoting your website

Don't make threads just to promote your site, I'll just delete them. By all means though, promote your site by posting a DJ mix here, and linking us back to it.

I also recommend putting the link to your site in your sig (no banner ads though, and please be aware of the sig guidelines, or Stren will kill you in your sleep).

Posting upcoming internet radio shows

DO NOT MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR YOUR UPCOMING RADIO SHOWS

There is a sticky thread specifically for them, >>>CLICK HERE<<<

Offending threads will be locked/deleted.

However, after the radio show has aired, by all means post it here with a link to download! This way, you can mention when you're next playing

Internet radio stations looking for DJs, promoters looking for DJs, and people running DJ competitions

Again, DO NOT MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THESE

There is a sticky thread where you can leave your contact information, or the info for your competition, >>>CLICK HERE<<<

Again, separate threads made for this purpose will be locked/deleted.

Posting info for your upcoming gigs

This is an international forum, so posting gig info here really won't help you. Instead, you should post this information IN YOUR LOCAL FORUM.

General guidelines:

Help yourself

Try to make the title of your thread clear to other users, by mentioning the genre of your mix. Also, a tracklist will help people figure out if they're interested in listing to your mix. Titles like "My New Mix" with no tracklist will almost certainly get no downloads, unless you post enough mixes for people to already have an idea of what you play.

Help others

Nobody is forcing you to like any of the music posted here, but please try to keep your comments/criticisms constructive. If you don’t like a mix, a comment like “This mix was shit” doesn’t help anyone. Mention why you didn’t like it, or anything else that the poster might find helpful. If you’re unable to do this, then I suggest not posting at all

Any problems, any questions, any naked pics – Just send me a PM and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can (though, bare in mind my time-zone may be a little different to yours as I’m in Australia).

Mix away, ladies and gentlemen

Last edited by Sushipunk on Oct-09-2010 at 22:39

Old Post Oct-01-2010 05:19  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pozz
Supreme tranceaddict

another suggestion is that people please post label information along with the tracklist. an example being:

??. Artist Name - Track Name [Label]

02. Plastikman - I No [M_nus]

it helps people identify tracks, as release versions differ depending when and which label released it. also it helps listeners become familiar with the outputs of particular labels, which goes a long way when you obsessively follow music and dig for obscure tracks (like a lot of people on this forum )

Old Post Oct-11-2010 01:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for pozz Click here to Send pozz a Private Message Add pozz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Also,

Old Post Oct-11-2010 05:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
don_q
Supreme tranceaddict

new shows should no longer name the first one _______001

Old Post Nov-16-2011 02:06  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for don_q Click here to Send don_q a Private Message Visit don_q's homepage! Add don_q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by don_q
new shows should no longer name the first one _______001

Why?

Old Post Nov-16-2011 02:37  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
don_q
Supreme tranceaddict

why not?

don't take it to seriously, just suggesting some creativity

Old Post Nov-17-2011 01:07  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for don_q Click here to Send don_q a Private Message Visit don_q's homepage! Add don_q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd like to suggest that it be in the guidelines that people include a download link? I'm sure I'm not the only one that won't listen to something if streaming is the only available way of listening to it.

Old Post May-11-2015 03:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Psyshell
I'd like to suggest that it be in the guidelines that people include a download link? I'm sure I'm not the only one that won't listen to something if streaming is the only available way of listening to it.

I prefer to download as well, but it's up to the user really. Unfortunately, this is likely to happen less and less as people (DJs in particular) move away from Soundcloud due to their overly harsh copyright protection. A lot of people are turning to Mixcloud, which doesn't offer downloading, only streaming.

Old Post May-12-2015 00:45  Australia
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

Maybe just a note that a sizeable portion of users will only listen to your set if you include a download link so it might be good to check if you have that option available before posting.

Old Post May-14-2015 09:19  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

I have a suggestion that would help me (and probably others) out massively. Can people please use sensible file names? In particular can you guys use ones that include the dj name (preferably with a similar name to your thread on tranceaddict so it's easily searchable). There's so many mixes I have that only have the name of the mix or just have a bunch of numbers for the filename, and this makes it really difficult to actually find out who did it or look up the tracklist.

Last edited by Psyshell on Sep-08-2015 at 09:01

Old Post Sep-08-2015 08:54  Australia
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Psyshell
I have a suggestion that would help me (and probably others) out massively. Can people please use sensible file names? In particular can you guys use ones that include the dj name (preferably with a similar name to your thread on tranceaddict so it's easily searchable). There's so many mixes I have that only have the name of the mix or just have a bunch of numbers for the filename, and this makes it really difficult to actually find out who did it or look up the tracklist.

Can't you just take a moment when you save the file to name it what you want? That's what I do to everything that isn't labeled properly. Two seconds man

Old Post Sep-08-2015 20:50  Australia
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Can't you just take a moment when you save the file to name it what you want? That's what I do to everything that isn't labeled properly. Two seconds man

If you look at it from a utilitarian perspective though, if someone has 100 downloads on their mix, that's 100 times 5 seconds vs the creator taking 5 seconds of labeling it properly in the first place.

Also, I don't see any easy ways of renaming files in firefox as you're choosing to download it, so sure I could rename it after it's done but so many times I'll just end up forgetting. That combined with the fact that most mixes do have sensible names means I don't really bother with the few that have issues. It does however get annoying when there's some mix I download a month ago that's really great that I have no idea about the source of though.

Old Post Sep-09-2015 07:48  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Please read before posting!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack from M.I.K.E.'s club elite session 24-10-2007 [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFire & Ice - Para Siempre (Woody Van Eyden Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread