Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Patrice Baumel - Global Underground 042: Berlin
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I agree with the first part, but personally I think the city connection has always been a bit tenuous. This feels like a repeat of GU:009, which should have been New York, showcasing Sasha’s Twilo sound at its peak, but Oakenfold had already done New York on 007, so they made it another American city. Patrice Baumel is most associated with Amsterdam due to his Trouw residency, but Nick Warren did Amsterdam ages ago so they’ve done the next best choice. I think he’s at least made an effort on the second disc to play some darker techno, whereas a lot of the GU mixes have practically zero concession to local tastes.

Hmm. I hadn't been to most of those places at that time so maybe it allowed my imagination to run wild with the music a bit more. When I first heard Sasha's Ibiza, it made me dream of the island and what it must feel like to dance there. When I heard Deep Dish's Toronto, it took me back to a time when I lived there but didn't know about its dance scene. That release filled in those blanks. I listened to those well before I knew what I know now about dance music (which still isn't much compared to you), of course. So that plays a part too, I guess. I wonder what the 10-year-ago me would have thought of this mix. I've spent so much time in Berlin these last two years. If I hadn't, maybe this mix would feel more befitting. Background music is apt.

Old Post Apr-05-2019 14:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djhowie
tranceaddict in training

@System-J, Baumel’s playing The Williamson Tunnels in Liverpool on 4th May if your interested. It’s only a small venue but he’s doing a 4 hour set 👍

Old Post Apr-27-2019 02:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djhowie Click here to Send djhowie a Private Message Add djhowie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah, I've been to the Tunnels, cracking little venue. I know Sam who is one of the promoters of that night (he used to post on TA), but I can't make it to that one. I'll be going to the Cattaneo and Nick Warren night they're putting on in July.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Apr-27-2019 18:17  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

How about Cattaneo in London in June

Old Post Apr-28-2019 00:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Made plans for the Liverpool event long before that one was announced. Besides, I've seen Cattaneo at the Ministry three times already. Amazing soundsystem, terrible crowd. The crowd up in Liverpool is far, far better.

Old Post Apr-28-2019 00:43  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Made plans for the Liverpool event long before that one was announced. Besides, I've seen Cattaneo at the Ministry three times already. Amazing soundsystem, terrible crowd. The crowd up in Liverpool is far, far better.

You're right. Hoping for better this time. Taking a friend that I took to ADE to see him so hoping we get lucky. I do love the sound in there.

Old Post Apr-28-2019 00:51 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The problem is the tourists, the backpackers and the rich foreign students. The club's always likely to be at least 50% full of people who know nothing about the music, and unlike Fabric the music policy in the other rooms isn't unforgiving enough to weed them out.

Old Post Apr-28-2019 11:04  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Patrice Baumel - Global Underground 042: Berlin
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread