Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by saluyamo
Do you think he may have ran out of ideas and thus stopped posting new sets?

Quite possibly. I couldn't begin to second guess the actions of someone who would invent a DJ to promote their own material, though. If you read back through those old threads you'll see that people were doubting these stories years ago, and no surprise. The facts don't stack up, the samples don't fit the supposed dates and to me the sound is nothing like any trance from the early '90s I've ever heard. This info I've found from digging a bit deeper just seals it for me.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Dec-09-2012 21:30  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Wanderer
I hope ecksemmess comes to his mind and admits it now, because I really love this, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I hope he continues to produce things, he makes really interesting tracks.

This is the point of the story I really don't get. What's the fucking point? He'd get more out of it and more attention if he'd just post the material straight up, especially on TA.

Old Post Dec-09-2012 21:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

ecksemmess is Jason Porter, and Tupac is still alive

Old Post Dec-09-2012 21:47  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
This is the point of the story I really don't get. What's the fucking point? He'd get more out of it and more attention if he'd just post the material straight up, especially on TA.

Not necessarily. "Unknown guys releases unpublished music for free" happens hundreds of times a day on the Internet. On TA he would have to post his own music in the relatively inactive Producer forum and he also posted these Jason Porter sets on other forums, where he might have been ignored entirely. Posing it as someone else's music allows him to hype it ("I found a fucking killer set from 1994" vs "Hey guys, my music is really good!") and the whole backstory appeals to fans of old-school trance.

Admittedly, it's bizarre behaviour, but everything about Jason Porter is bizarre.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Dec-09-2012 21:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

this whole thing is really strange and cool at the same time.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Dec-09-2012 22:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
this whole thing is really strange and cool at the same time.

it actually freaked me out. I always had a weak stomach for scary stories about anonymous people. It made me think that J. Porter was a ghost or something.

Old Post Dec-09-2012 22:27  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

quote:
The mp3 is safe and working.

Huh. When I try to go to http://xeron.net, it redirects me to "http://allstar click.com/tmp/"
And when I use google cache and see the proper site, the link turns into "download.htm".

Last edited by netroM on Dec-10-2012 at 01:24

Old Post Dec-09-2012 22:48  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

quote:
Originally posted by netroM
Huh. When I try to go to http://xeron.net, it redirects me to "http://allstar click.com/tmp/"
And when I use google cache and see the proper site, the link turns into "download.htm".

http://www.xeron.net/ works perfectly for me

Edit: here is direct dl: http://www.xeron.net/Justin%20Silverstein%20-%20Trial%20of%20the%20Mind%202006.mp3

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Dec-09-2012 22:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?

Old Post Dec-09-2012 23:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

I just listened to all 48 minutes of Trial of the Mind. all I can say is it's weird ass music. some of the melodies were pretty spooky, especially the one at 44:10

Old Post Dec-09-2012 23:49  South Korea
netroM

quote:
Edit: here is direct dl: http://www.xeron.net/Justin%20Silve...Mind%202006.mp3

cheers
google just tricked me by thinking that the www.-prefix wasn't needed.

Old Post Dec-10-2012 01:25  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

http://www.divshare.com/download/1920563-c00

2007-05-xx_-_Jason_Porter_-_Minimal_Mix_[.mp3

quote:

ReBeL 9, as someone who saw the real Jason Porter over a hundred times back in the day, I can promise you that this is 99% probably the real JP. It's a dead ringer for him, style wise, melodically, transitions/mixing, etc.

quote:
I'm not really sure, but he definitely looked at least 30ish when i saw him in the early-mid 1990s... so he must be getting on in years by now. Heard he got his start in Chicago right around the time that Frankie Knuckles was pioneering the house sound.

Rebel9, of course I want more JP sets, I constantly bother my mate Jeff about it, but usually he tells me to slag off since he wants them as bad as me! Neither one of us personally knows Porter or has any way of contacting him. Jeff found the new mix from one of his drugged-out club scene buddies who doesn't even remember how/where he got it!

BTW, do you guys recognize any of the tracks in the new mix? Please post with any leads, I want them all!!

Old Post Dec-10-2012 02:31  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread