Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
system-7
Supreme tranceaddict

Ive been out of the scene since 2014 but still listen to the progs set..ah those were the days.

Old Post Aug-26-2018 03:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for system-7 Click here to Send system-7 a Private Message Add system-7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

Rich still does his thing. His work is basically across the street from mine.

I go out from time to time, usually with my wife, but don't post about it.

It became easier to head out recently because our son is now 12 so he can stay home by himself for a bit. But it's now about to be more difficult because we have another baby on the way.

Still dig all the genres when the music good, even trance. Just not the bad trance we've largely experienced in the 2010s....it's gotten a lot better the past year+ as you are seeing a lot of the old school trance styles getting back into play and the EDM influence slow trickling away.

I've really been in the deeper house stuff, though. Especially the likes of Luttrell, Yotto....Anjunadeep. Proggy, melodic, etc...Luttrell killed it when he played here a few weeks ago. Considering he is from SF, wish he played here more!

Wish I had the time to put my soul back into the scene....I do miss it, but have other priorities in life.

Also, if you want to throw up a little for fun, here:

Old Post Aug-26-2018 16:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT

It became easier to head out recently because our son is now 12 so he can stay home by himself for a bit. But it's now about to be more difficult because we have another baby on the way.

Still dig all the genres when the music good, even trance. Just not the bad trance we've largely experienced in the 2010s....it's gotten a lot better the past year+ as you are seeing a lot of the old school trance styles getting back into play and the EDM influence slow trickling away.

I've really been in the deeper house stuff, though. Especially the likes of Luttrell, Yotto....Anjunadeep. Proggy, melodic, etc...Luttrell killed it when he played here a few weeks ago. Considering he is from SF, wish he played here more!

Wish I had the time to put my soul back into the scene....I do miss it, but have other priorities in life.

I heard your name mentioned on an episode of Giant Bomb recently. That's what brought up this thread lol

Old Post Aug-26-2018 22:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT

congratulations on the little one Dave!!!

Old Post Aug-27-2018 13:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
I heard your name mentioned on an episode of Giant Bomb recently. That's what brought up this thread lol

Oh dear, I fear what Jeff and team said about me ha.

Old Post Aug-28-2018 01:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

Re: Re: Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Woody - he's our new West Coast TA God and Emperor.

This!

quote:
Originally posted by neogaia

Woody DJs at the Mayan regularly but all sorts of music not just electronic music.

And this! I've play out all the time, so I rarely go out unless I'm playing. I still love the music, I just feel old when I'm out.

Check it out. This was this past weekend at The Mayan in DTLA. I would post the set, but it's mostly Hardwell EDM type of music and you guys would eat me alive.

Old Post Aug-31-2018 06:16  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

Kristina Sky... She blew up. She's playing internationally now and has a big following. She just played Luminosity Festival in the Netherlands.

Jack Frozt... He's coming up as well. He's dj'ing a lot on the rave scene and is also a regular at Insomniac events and at Avalon. He has a pretty big squad that supports him. We keep in touch often and we actually talked about throwing an event together.

Deadmau5... Well, enough said.

And for my self, besides DJ'ing and just like others here, I got married. I also work full time at an Advertising Agency where I develop interactive campaigns and just recently I started getting into video production. Just getting my feet wet for now but hopefully one day I'll be as good as DaveT!

Last edited by DjWoody on Aug-31-2018 at 06:37

Old Post Aug-31-2018 06:30  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Kristina Sky... She blew up. She's playing internationally now and has a big following. She just played Luminosity Festival in the Netherlands.

Jack Frozt... He's coming up as well. He's dj'ing a lot on the rave scene and is also a regular at Insomniac events and at Avalon. He has a pretty big squad that supports him. We keep in touch often and we actually talked about throwing an event together.

Deadmau5... Well, enough said.

And for my self, besides DJ'ing and just like others here, I got married. I also work full time at an Advertising Agency where I develop interactive campaigns and just recently I started getting into video production. Just getting my feet wet for now but hopefully one day I'll be as good as DaveT!

What about-

Rizo-?

Alain-?

Junior Chavez-?

Ms Julia-?

idoru-?

Dj Blurr-?

DJ Taj-? (I think he still plays at the End Up?)

in2muzikk-?

RobertStern-?

Looking back I can't believe I've been browsing this forum at work for over 10 years now

Old Post Sep-01-2018 02:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Julia
Supreme tranceaddict

We should do an OG TA reunion. Any good DJs coming up in town soon?

Old Post Sep-01-2018 19:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Julia Click here to Send Miss Julia a Private Message Add Miss Julia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Julia
We should do an OG TA reunion. Any good DJs coming up in town soon?

You figured out your password !

Old Post Sep-01-2018 22:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Julia
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
You figured out your password !

I had to reset my password lol

Thanks for telling me about this thread.

Old Post Sep-02-2018 00:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Julia Click here to Send Miss Julia a Private Message Add Miss Julia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
What about-
Junior Chavez
Alain
Dj Blurr
DJ Taj
in2muzikk-
RobertStern-

I'm friends with all these people on facebook if you want to be connected, let me know in a PM.

I'm a little surprised no one has asked about malia

Old Post Sep-02-2018 18:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Old school TA's M.I.A. what happened to them ?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplayed by Christopher Lobsinger [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNext Exit - "Rise Of Nations" (Mat Silver & Tony Burt Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread