Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Syntonic

Some pretty nice Acid Trance tracks here.

shit, what's this? sounds like that mainstream glitch EDM shite has infected platipus... dear god. i've noticed a decline in platipus recently. i think that's it

been listening to this beast lately. love the gated pad (or whatever it's called) at 5:20, perfect tonic after those dark twisted acid beats... immense track.

Old Post Sep-24-2014 17:46  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by rubez

Some of the tracks have that polished/sheen quality to it I don't like. Kinda expected it with a 5-track EP. Gnome and Zero Mass sound interesting, not crazy about the rest. I wouldn't say they're in a decline, more like a limbo to be honest.

+1 on that Salamander track, I used to love mixing in that wooshing sound at the beginning. Also trying pitching that track down 2-3%, it gets groovy and stays trippy.

I've found myself listening to this track from Van Bellen a lot lately. I think it's one of his best remixes/productions. Love how it builds tension for so long and then releases it all at once. Still a gem to me.

Not sure why he did upload the full version which is almost 12mins.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Sep-24-2014 23:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Some of the tracks have that polished/sheen quality to it I don't like.

definitely. there's glitch influences too. seems like some pandering going on... not happy about that. next stop will be full blown AVB EDM

gibbon was the last true raw platipus... fucking KILLER track. hope they snap back into focus soon.

also, love van bellen will check that track out, don't seem to be familiar with it.

Old Post Sep-25-2014 09:46  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
gibbon was the last true raw platipus... fucking KILLER track. hope they snap back into focus soon.

also, love van bellen will check that track out, don't seem to be familiar with it.

All the releases still haven't come close to Gibbon/Baboon. It's just that damn good. The video they did makes it even better.

Here's a full version of that Van Bellen Mix I mentioned earlier.

Soundcloud Mixes

Last edited by Syntonic on Sep-26-2014 at 06:22

Old Post Sep-26-2014 06:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Nice little podcast from Union Jack.

Tracklist:
1. Union Jack ‘Lollipop Man’
2. Simple Minds ‘Waterfront’ [Union Jack Remix]
3. Union Jack ‘Cactus’
5. Poltergeist ‘Vicious Circles’ [Union Jack Remix]
6. Union Jack ‘Red Herring’
7. Union Jack ‘Cockroach’
8. Union Jack ‘Two Full Moons & A Trout’
9. Union Jack ‘Water Drums’

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Oct-23-2014 01:15  United States
Chimney
Low pH

Some of their so called "remastered" tracks off the "Archive" compilations are actually just 320s mps with botched up sounds. The .wavs, that is.

Old Post Oct-23-2014 20:56  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Which portal did you use? I'm been meaning to pick up Morning Glory and some others.

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Oct-23-2014 21:56  United States
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Which portal did you use? I'm been meaning to pick up Morning Glory and some others.

Junodownload. Although I have the feeling you'll encounter the same problem on Beatport.

Old Post Oct-24-2014 05:50  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Have you ever tried 'vinyl distribution'? It'd be nice to buy directly from them to avoid crap like that.

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Oct-24-2014 06:02  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
Some of their so called "remastered" tracks off the "Archive" compilations are actually just 320s mps with botched up sounds. The .wavs, that is.

That's what you get for buying .wavs

Old Post Oct-24-2014 15:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Have you ever tried 'vinyl distribution'?

No thanks. Let's not turn this into a vinyl-elitist crap discussion.

Old Post Oct-24-2014 20:12  Sweden
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
No thanks. Let's not turn this into a vinyl-elitist crap discussion.

It's a website-store where you can buy .wavs and .flacs

Old Post Oct-24-2014 21:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackvery nice chill out..who knows this? [2003] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBas&Ram – The Flirt (Unreleased) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread