Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Victor Dinaire + Jason Jollins @ Ikon review
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
partyhopper
NYTA Senior Citizen

Victor Dinaire + Jason Jollins @ Ikon review

Excellent job by both Jason and Vic!
Vic sure had the place jumping when he played Synaesthesia.
Lolo - Why? also sounded great.

The crowd was very transient, as people kept on coming and going, and not really staying around (most of them did seem to enjoy the music while passing through there though), but the diehards who did stay in the Pink Room helped keep a great vibe.

I didn't spend much time on the main floor, but it seemed that turnout was slightly better than that of the previous week.

Click for pics

Vancouver, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Las Vegas
Rest of world: Ibiza, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei,
Zagreb, Bangkok, Rio de Janeiro

Last edited by partyhopper on Sep-20-2004 at 07:10

Old Post Sep-19-2004 11:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for partyhopper Click here to Send partyhopper a Private Message Add partyhopper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunnyval
tranceaddict

Good times!

Old Post Sep-20-2004 04:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sunnyval Click here to Send sunnyval a Private Message Add sunnyval to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

whoa, pink interior!

Old Post Sep-20-2004 05:37  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ArmandoC
ese's of the east sie

http://photobucket.com/albums/v394/partyhopper/Ikon_09182004/?action=view¤t=DSC01104.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I would've died if I saw that inside the booth. WOW I wasn't sure if any clubs even carried it, now my suspicion is complete. The sound that comes out of there is unreal

Old Post Sep-20-2004 15:23  Cuba
Click Here to See the Profile for ArmandoC Click here to Send ArmandoC a Private Message Visit ArmandoC's homepage! Add ArmandoC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fr0st
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Cubano
http://photobucket.com/albums/v394/partyhopper/Ikon_09182004/?action=view¤t=DSC01104.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I would've died if I saw that inside the booth. WOW I wasn't sure if any clubs even carried it, now my suspicion is complete. The sound that comes out of there is unreal

bout all the big clubs in NYC have that mixer....

Old Post Sep-20-2004 15:25  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for fr0st Click here to Send fr0st a Private Message Add fr0st to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ArmandoC
ese's of the east sie

quote:
Originally posted by fr0st
bout all the big clubs in NYC have that mixer....

that is awesome! I wish dallas caught up with the times

Old Post Sep-20-2004 15:27  Cuba
Click Here to See the Profile for ArmandoC Click here to Send ArmandoC a Private Message Visit ArmandoC's homepage! Add ArmandoC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Victor Dinaire
Supreme tranceaddict

thanks to all who came down

this wednesday i better see u at the park and then at our afterparty!

as for that mixer, i honestly hate it. its the 3rd time using it. every time it did some serious damage to my hearing. the highs come out piercing to the ears and theres no EQ to trim it. i still have ringing right now. sunday morning was miserable, i couldnt hear anything besides low sounds. everything sounded muffled with ringing. i dotn recommend it at all.

Old Post Sep-20-2004 16:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Victor Dinaire Click here to Send Victor Dinaire a Private Message Visit Victor Dinaire's homepage! Add Victor Dinaire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klingklang77
blank

nice pics! vic's shirt is really great .

Old Post Sep-20-2004 16:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for klingklang77 Click here to Send klingklang77 a Private Message Add klingklang77 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
partyhopper
NYTA Senior Citizen

quote:
Originally posted by Dinaire Force 1
as for that mixer, i honestly hate it. its the 3rd time using it. every time it did some serious damage to my hearing. the highs come out piercing to the ears and theres no EQ to trim it. i still have ringing right now. sunday morning was miserable, i couldnt hear anything besides low sounds. everything sounded muffled with ringing. i dotn recommend it at all.

'tis time for earplugs

Rest of world: Ibiza, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei,

Old Post Sep-20-2004 17:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for partyhopper Click here to Send partyhopper a Private Message Add partyhopper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Victor Dinaire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by klingklang77
nice pics! vic's shirt is really great .

thanks!

we are actually selling the "Ban Republicans" shirt for $20, its a long sleeve American Apparel baseball jersey

Old Post Sep-20-2004 18:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Victor Dinaire Click here to Send Victor Dinaire a Private Message Visit Victor Dinaire's homepage! Add Victor Dinaire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
partyhopper
NYTA Senior Citizen

I must add that Indy and Bree get the hardcore award for this night... from DT/DH @ Roxy, to the Broken afterparty (with the 112 Crew), to Ikon, without any sleeping (or so they told me)!
Now why haven't they posted?!

Last edited by partyhopper on Sep-21-2004 at 00:03

Old Post Sep-20-2004 23:34  United States
Sunshine79
Around the world...

lol dan! I don't know about Indy, but I was definitely in bed yesterday! What a weekend!

The Dannys were definitely exhausting and I didn't have any energy at 112 but somehow we made it to Ikon. We got there before 11 in order to get free admission (thanks Ruben!) and then Pat & I sunk into a couch for the next 2.5 hours. Jason's set was great so we never even left the pink room. Sorry we didn't dance, Jason, but I knew I only had a teeny weeny bit of energy and I had to make it to Vic's Set...

and WOW. I am SO GLAD I did. I think it was the best set I have ever heard Vic spin. It's definitely in the top three. I tell you, no other DJ in the world could have gotten me on my feet the way he did. He dropped bomb after bomb. It was almost dangerous because we were all wiped out but couldn't stay seated!

highlights:
Tillman Uhrmacher - On the Run
Second Sun - Love Stimulator
Second Sun - The Spell
Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (ferry Corsten Remix)
Katana - Tribal Shock

It was great to see Second Sun there as well. Antoine and Adam definitely party like rockstars, I don't think they had gotten any sleep either.

Negatives:
Ikon was depressing. What a waste of space...the layout is bad. I don't like the VIP blacony area at all. I agree with Vic about the sounds, my ears were ringing as well.

The crowd blew. I mean, what a strange mix of weirdos. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. 95% of those people were just going clubbing in new york and had no idea who the DJs were or even what kind of music it was. AND most of the crowd was under 21 and even under 18. but hey, the club is still trying to make its own reputation and get out from under its history/past.

Lastly, WHERE WERE ALL OF YOU? This was one of Vic's last NYC gigs and I was surprised by the turnout. But, no matter, cause that gave Indy and I more room to dance.

It was definitely a great night and an amazing set by Victor Dinaire. Greetings and thanks to:

Antoine
Adam
Dan
Ruben <-- you rock!
Fun Bobby
Victor & his crew
and VERY EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO MY OWN CREW WHO KEPT ON PARTYING UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT!:

Indy, Ronnie, Joel & Patryk: I love you guys! It's always a blast!

Old Post Sep-21-2004 12:06  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunshine79 Click here to Send Sunshine79 a Private Message Add Sunshine79 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Victor Dinaire + Jason Jollins @ Ikon review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID this tune!! [2003] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRene Campo - "Sleep" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread