Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > England having too much fun
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life."-George Best

This guy needs to come back

Old Post May-16-2012 19:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
_Ocean_Drive_
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Actually that's not a lot to take your mind off the awful food, boring sports like soccer

I'll only say this once, pet.

It's called FOOTBALL, not "SAARRRCARRRR", and it's not boring. Ask most of the sports fans on the planet. FYI, American Football is rugby with padding. The UK now has some of the best restaurants, chefs, and food in the world. So kindly stfu. Have you ever actually set foot here? Or do you just watch FOX all day like ALL Americans do?

There's a word that sums up this sort of behaviour, and that word is 'reject.'

Old Post May-16-2012 21:32  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for _Ocean_Drive_ Click here to Send _Ocean_Drive_ a Private Message Add _Ocean_Drive_ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

this thread is now about teaching neat cockney words for talk like a pirate day.

Old Post May-16-2012 21:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
Like a FCKNG BIRD

quote:
Originally posted by _Ocean_Drive_
The UK now has some of the best restaurants, chefs, and food in the world. So kindly stfu.

I'm glad someone finally said this, I didn't want to mention it myself, under the pretence that everyone would assume I was just being patriotic, or whatever.

I love the food here. I travel extensively, but some of the best food I've ever tasted has been in the UK.

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post May-16-2012 21:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

acton, please teach me to british.

Old Post May-16-2012 21:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

_Ocean_: Actually, she has
quote:
Originally posted by Acton
I love the food here. I travel extensively, but some of the best food I've ever tasted has been in the UK.

If there's one thing I loved about London is the variety of (cheap) food you can get there. I've made it a goal in live to live for a while in Charing Cross Road (or somewhere close). Next to Chinatown, thick-crusted pizza all around, and bookshops galore. Can't get any better than this.

Yet it does, because the British Museum is just a few blocks away <3

Old Post May-16-2012 21:49  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
Like a FCKNG BIRD

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
acton, please teach me to british.

In general, quit the stupid coffee nonsense, with the Starbucks etc. If you can't drink a respectable stiff drink in the morning or afternoon, one should drink Tea.

But for a more personal lesson, Jay, the pictures of excrement need to stop, it's just not civil

/LessonOne

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post May-16-2012 21:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
Like a FCKNG BIRD

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
_Ocean_: Actually, she has

If there's one thing I loved about London is the variety of (cheap) food you can get there. I've made it a goal in live to live for a while in Charing Cross Road (or somewhere close). Next to Chinatown, thick-crusted pizza all around, and bookshops galore. Can't get any better than this.

Yet it does, because the British Museum is just a few blocks away <3

Be sure to let me know when you're next over

Anyway, with the exception of certain living costs, London can be as cheap or expensive as you like, you can have it either way.

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post May-16-2012 21:55  England
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

quote:
In general, quit the stupid coffee nonsense, with the Starbucks etc. If you can't drink a respectable stiff drink in the morning or afternoon, one should drink Tea.

But for a more personal lesson, Jay, the pictures of excrement need to stop, it's just not civil

/LessonOne

but cider gives me big shits. conflict?

Old Post May-16-2012 22:03 
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:

Be sure to let me know when you're next over

Will do
quote:
Anyway, with the exception of certain living costs, London can be as cheap or expensive as you like, you can have it either way.

I second that. Still, I live in a ridiculously expensive country, so a pricey neighbourhood with loads of Asians will be just like home

Old Post May-16-2012 22:18  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

quote:
Six wickets from Stuart Broad put England in a strong position against West Indies on the opening day of the first Test despite a typically obstinate innings from Shivnarine Chanderpaul.

Once again West Indies' best batsman by a distance, 37-year-old Chanderpaul made an unbeaten 87 as they battled to 243-9 on an attritional day at Lord's.

He survived a number of close lbw shouts as well as the dreadful run-out of Darren Bravo to flourish despite Broad's excellent display.

After playing second fiddle to James Anderson in the morning, Broad returned to end the day with 6-72 in conditions that offered movement both in the air and off the pitch.

If at times it was a gentle start to the Test summer, England left the field content with their haul in a series the bookmakers expect them to win easily.

The hosts handed a first Test cap to 22-year-old Jonny Bairstow and picked fellow Yorkshireman Tim Bresnan ahead of Graham Onions and Steven Finn, while West Indies brought in fast bowler Shannon Gabriel for the injured Ravi Rampaul.

After Andrew Strauss won the toss and decided to bowl, Anderson - newly crowned England player of the year - removed opener Kieran Powell for just five with a beauty that came back significantly into the left-hander and clipped the top of off stump.

Kirk Edwards was lbw for one, playing round a fast, full one from the same bowler, but the tourists began to mount a stern defence through the application of diminutive opener Adrian Barath and the much-heralded Bravo.

Barath arrived in England with a reputation as a shot-maker but he was content to dig in as his side took lunch on 83-2, only for Anderson to send him packing for 42 after the restart with a sharp parry and catch at gully off Broad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/18108354

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/18108354

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post May-18-2012 05:22  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by _Ocean_Drive_
I'll only say this once, pet.

It's called FOOTBALL, not "SAARRRCARRRR", and it's not boring. Ask most of the sports fans on the planet. FYI, American Football is rugby with padding. The UK now has some of the best restaurants, chefs, and food in the world. So kindly stfu. Have you ever actually set foot here? Or do you just watch FOX all day like ALL Americans do?

Actually soccer is boring, American Football is quite a bit different than rugby, and UK food is shit. Residing in a country doesn't make you an authority on international sports and food. Take your own advice and shut the fuck up.

One city having good cuisine from other countries doesn't mean your country's food is good.

The rest of the world loves soccer because they're poor and it's not expensive to kick spherical objects around for an hour and a half.

Last edited by srussell0018 on May-18-2012 at 05:39

Old Post May-18-2012 05:33  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > England having too much fun
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhouse id needed [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAria - Green Eyes [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread