Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]

Welp, it seems like MD is pretty damn dead now since nobody's making threads anymore about what they're feeling at the moment. If we can't keep the subforum alive, how about at least a single thread? Talk about what kinda stuff you are listening to at the moment, it doesn't have to be new but it'd be nice if it's stuff that hasn't been discussed/posted a million times here already (ie. the same old prog classics) And for the love of god don't just spam uncommented Youtube links - write something and give your opinion on what other people are posting! The point is to have a "music discussion"

And please dont embed YT/SC links to keep this thread readable and loading fast!

I'll start, bought some new records this weekend.

https://soundcloud.com/efd-tokyo/se...ools-cabaret010
First a double pack from Cabaret recordings in the mnml-electro-detroit hybrid style that's emerged as a somewhat "new" (even though it's a very 90s sound) scene centered around venues like Berlin's Club der Visionäre. I went to a Cabaret records party there a month ago and was surprised at how good the music was the whole time, quality old tech house, deep house, minimal and electro the whole time. I think they played a test pressing of this and so I was looking forward to getting my hands on it.

It's not mindblowing or anything but just really nice and funky. Good DJ tools that are a bit rhythmically offbeat and work for both house and techno. Makes for nice funky background music aswell. C1 is my favorite, super funky and catchy electro that's not overly frantic.

https://soundcloud.com/subwax-bcn/t...deepchord-remix
Also this Deepchord remix, can't hurt to have some more summer night DC material! It's quite playable for a DC track aswell. Track is super long, nice to put on and drift off.

https://soundcloud.com/avantrootsrecords/sets/various-artists-espectrum-ep2
Another nice DC track that's came out recently. Features the more sample-based approach he's been doing recently with voices floating around and some lush pads.

https://soundcloud.com/mrdanieljacq...cques-discovery
Then this record by Daniel Jacques. Again, not reinventing the wheel but amazing subtle production, very emotive. Love it, one of the best records i've heard this year. It flips between house, techno and downtempo. I love B1, very uplifting and catchy despite being a banging techno track. B2 is almost proggy with the bassline and twinkly synths and vocals.

Last edited by Woony on Jul-18-2016 at 13:49

Old Post Jul-18-2016 13:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Another one and then I'll stop spamming (I think it's better if everbody keeps it at max 2-3 tracks/releases per post so we don't end up spamming each other)

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/marc...u-ep/614618-01/

New Marcel Fengler sounds great, such a gifted producer. Twinkly melodic techno with a bit of a tough tribal feel. This record has a bit of a story behind it, it was supposed to come out on Ostgut but then he basically got kicked out and it was canceled in production. They've kept the whole thing pretty quiet, no statement from Ostgut and just a post from Fengler announcing his departure and new agency. The rumor i've heard is that he send a particularily incriminating internal e-mail (no idea about the content), but it must've been one hell of an email to kick someone out of your club/label after more than a decade I'm a bit sad about his departure, I loved Berghain 05 (damn, it's been five years now!) and in theory his taste but in practise I've never heard him play a set that blew me away and the lasts sets i've heard him play at Berghain were very bigroom and crowd-please-ish, not the deep and melodic style that comes through in his productions.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 14:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

not a fan of these type of threads. the best forums on the internet actively encourage as many specific threads as possible.

a music discussion thread in the music discussion section?

the problem may be that there isn't a lot of people willing to create threads because people here can be assholes and snipey.

would be sad to see all the posts clumped together in one non specific messy pile. maybe that's what it takes though?

i appreciate what you're trying to do, though i'd rather see people make their own threads and try stoke the place up.

i mean, no-one has anything to talk about? really? even with this post, i find it curious you felt you had to present it in this way.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 14:48  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
the problem may be that there isn't a lot of people willing to create threads because people here can be assholes and snipey.

I'd say it's because there just isn't a lot of people, period.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 14:51  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

na, there are more than enough people if they'd pipe up and post something. there's a lot of people logging on each day.

how many posts are instantly met with cunty remarks? of course that affects other people's willingness to contribute.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:10  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Well, having many threads obviously isn't working, the number of new threads has been declining for years. I'd rather have one thread to chat than nothing. I think a big reason why the number of core MD users has declined is because there's nowhere to chat about music without having to make a specific thread.

I'm one of the few that has still checked this site daily for a long time but recently there's just nothing to read or post so even I'm slipping. We still have a two or three dozen core MD members that check here, I think it's a good idea to channel that activity into one thread or else MD is going to be completely dead like most of this forum sooner or later.

Most of the threads with "****y" remarks are about shit trance that nobody here wants to talk about anymore or stuff that's been discussed two bilion times, i'm not sure how these threads are helping.

You don't have to post in this thread, I was just trying to see if there are still people willing to have a chat about music that excites them.

Last edited by Woony on Jul-18-2016 at 15:15

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:10 
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

this section is where you are supposed to chat about music (clue is in the name)

why are people afraid to start a topic then? because it gets trampled upon a lot of the time. too much cynicism and elitism round here... most of the threads that blow up quickly to 6, 7 pages, are filled with petty arguing.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:13  Scotland
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
Most of the threads with "****y" remarks are about shit trance that nobody here wants to talk about anymore or stuff that's been discussed two bilion times, i'm not sure how these threads are helping.

like i said, elitism.

quote:
You don't have to post in this thread, I was just trying to see if there are still people willing to have a chat about music that excites them.

likewise, you don't need to post in "shit trance" threads. but people are made to feel like they can't talk about trance (on a trance site)

and if the stuff that excites you was so hot, why does it need a general purpose thread to try and stoke up interest?!

you are part of the very problem you are trying to solve, it seems.

Last edited by rubez on Jul-18-2016 at 15:30

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:22  Scotland
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

This place hasn't attracted new members in years - talking about elitism would have been useful five, six, seven years ago. Now it's way beyond the point where elitism is hurtful when it's literally just the same 30 people posting. I'm trying to have a thread where the core MD member with similiar tastes can have a chat. If you don't like it you can fuck out of this thead? I'm not trying to have an argument, i'm trying to have chat with the members still active here that I like.

The last night out thread has a pretty loose one-thread format and it's the most active and productive thread this place has had in years.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:30 
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

but the members you don't like are not welcome?

neither is posting shit trance? what if that is 'what i am into right now'?

what is this an inclusive-exclusive thread?!

your ignorance is staggering.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:34  Scotland
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Your ignorance of the fact that almost nobody still active here likes you is staggering. Can you now just fuck off and get out of this thread if you just want to argue please? Make your own thread with hookers and blackjack.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:39 
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

i'm not here to make friends, unlike some.

right away, in this thread which is supposed to hold all discussion from now on, you have made me feel unwelcome, and anyone who is into "shit trance" i.e. trance of any form, now feels unwelcome too.

and you wonder what the problem with this place is? maybe if you weren't so pretentious and up your own arse, you'd recognise the problem. you are the antithesis of what dance music should be about. no wonder you are into that hipster vain berghain shit.

Old Post Jul-18-2016 15:57  Scotland

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdevil trip!! [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnion Jack - Two Full Moons & a Trout (Casper Pound Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread