Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Be careful of the DUI's stops this weekend!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
alan
is INCOGNITO

Be careful of the DUI's stops this weekend!

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/...ols_angeles.php

MOONLIGHT - Evening open air parties
ARTWALK AFTERHOURS - One offs
TEKNOLOGIK - One offs

Old Post Mar-15-2012 22:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alan Click here to Send alan a Private Message Visit alan's homepage! Add alan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MelBeat
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
A DUI checkpoint Friday is going strong from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Figueroa between 8th and 9th streets downtown.

Those of us going to the Exchange should be aware.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 01:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MelBeat Click here to Send MelBeat a Private Message Add MelBeat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

if dui checkpoints decrease the number of drunk drivers on the streets, we should post them for every street in every city in the world. all these do is divert the drunk drivers to avoid these streets. we should keep these to ourselves(some promoters keep locations of events to themselves, although those events are often times held illegally) so that the drunk drivers might actually use these streets, get arrested and taken off the road.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 01:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Don't drink and drive!!!

That being said....

Exercise your right to remain silent. You DO NOT have to speak to police officers EVER. No, they don't have to read you your miranda rights.

DO NOT submit to any tests on the scene.

DO NOT submit to any breathalyzer test on the scene either. Tell them to take you to the station if they insist on a breathalyzer test.

And once you are more confident about your rights, do this.....watch, listen and learn!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=053_1329365345

Old Post Mar-16-2012 02:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djjoshuaallen
livin the dream

so basically ignore them and ask for a name and employee number?

Old Post Mar-16-2012 02:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djjoshuaallen Click here to Send djjoshuaallen a Private Message Visit djjoshuaallen's homepage! Add djjoshuaallen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

just curious, once they take you to the station, do you have to give a urine, breathalyzer, etc, test?

also, if you get pulled over and they suspect a DUI, can you refuse doing a field sobriety test and have them take you to the station?

Old Post Mar-16-2012 03:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fantasyexctasy
Supreme tranceaddict

Don't drink and drive, I wish they'd have more of these. I never feel sorry for anyone irresponsible enough to risk my life by being reckless. If you go out and drink you should have a plan. I've nearly died twice by drink drivers, I hope the cops catch them all and shoot them like they do in Nicaragua

Old Post Mar-16-2012 05:40  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for fantasyexctasy Click here to Send fantasyexctasy a Private Message Add fantasyexctasy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Don't drink and drive!!!

That being said....

Exercise your right to remain silent. You DO NOT have to speak to police officers EVER. No, they don't have to read you your miranda rights.

DO NOT submit to any tests on the scene.

DO NOT submit to any breathalyzer test on the scene either. Tell them to take you to the station if they insist on a breathalyzer test.

And once you are more confident about your rights, do this.....watch, listen and learn!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=053_1329365345

On one hand, I understand what you're saying here and I understand the point that the video makes BUT I also feel that police can basically do anything they want to do to a certain extent. What I mean by that is all it takes is "Sir, I believe I smell alcohol on your breath" or "Sir, you appear to be intoxicated" and then aren't they immediately in control of the situation (whether falsified or not)?
I was driving somewhere with both of my brothers one night a little over a year ago and my brother got pulled over for 'driving recklessly' (he had straddled a 2 lane road about 50 yards before the 2 lanes merged). They intimidated my brother and eventually received permission to search the car. They found a .1 gram speck of weed on the floor below the floor mat (god knows how long that had been there). There were 2 other friends in the car, so five of us in total. They arrested my one brother on a possession charge (not the one driving, but the one who was sitting by the speck) that went to court. He was found guilty, appealed and had the sentence overturned but that was a very expensive endeavor.

Having experienced things like that and generally being a kind, law-abiding citizen myself, I've come to resent law enforcement.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 05:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by fantasyexctasy
Don't drink and drive, I wish they'd have more of these. I never feel sorry for anyone irresponsible enough to risk my life by being reckless. If you go out and drink you should have a plan. I've nearly died twice by drink drivers, I hope the cops catch them all and shoot them like they do in Nicaragua

Yes you're right but I think you're also very wrong.
The idea of the 'legal limit' is so arbitrary. So many different factors come into play when it comes to how drunk someone is. I have, at times, had 4 or 5 drinks in the span of 2 hours and felt absolutely sober and fine to drive. There have also been times where, over the course of 90 minutes, I'll drink one normal beer and recognize 'I probably shouldn't drive right now. Let's go get a coffee instead'.

It's largely a matter of intelligence and self-awareness.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 06:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MelBeat
Supreme tranceaddict

Given the 8pm-2am time I am mostly concerned about hitting the checkpoint on my way to the club and getting there late.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 15:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MelBeat Click here to Send MelBeat a Private Message Add MelBeat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
Yes you're right but I think you're also very wrong.
The idea of the 'legal limit' is so arbitrary. So many different factors come into play when it comes to how drunk someone is. I have, at times, had 4 or 5 drinks in the span of 2 hours and felt absolutely sober and fine to drive. There have also been times where, over the course of 90 minutes, I'll drink one normal beer and recognize 'I probably shouldn't drive right now. Let's go get a coffee instead'.

It's largely a matter of intelligence and self-awareness.

exactly.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 16:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MelBeat
Given the 8pm-2am time I am mostly concerned about hitting the checkpoint on my way to the club and getting there late.

what's happening after this event?? Any other after parties in the area?

Old Post Mar-16-2012 16:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Be careful of the DUI's stops this weekend!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackanother ID [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackShmuel Flash - "Chilling Moments" (Bedrock Vocal) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread