Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > romanian-style minimal house
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
OrangestO
–30–

Anyone else a fan of it?

I've only attended a handful of parties that featured it, but I really enjoy playing it at home. Unfortunately no one I know likes it as much. It's definitely my favorite sound right now though.

There are some upcoming parties I'm hoping to check out that feature a couple of my favorite Romanian producers, including Cosmjn. Curious to hear their sets and vibe with the crowd.

Old Post Oct-03-2019 14:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

I really like it, but I can't play or listen to whole sets consisting of mostly that kind of music, because it can get pretty dull. I've also found that a lot of the mid- to lower-tier Romanian DJs don't have a lot of variety in their sets and mostly stick to the Romanian sound, and I get bored listening to them.

The DJs I do enjoy are Cap, Barac, Herodot, Rhadoo, Raresh and Petre Inspirescu. Cap/Barac/Herodot are technically fantastic DJs who employ a lot of looping and multi-track layering on the fly, and can really keep the energy up. Raresh/Petre Inspirescu/Rhadoo are folk you won't find a lot of recent sets from online because they like to play the "keep our music a secret" card. Rhadoo's recent mixes available online all sound like his mixing is dogshit, but I've seen him live twice and each time he employed similar techniques to what I'd heard online but they worked really well live, so I think his sets just don't translate well at all outside of a club. Last time I saw him, he hit his stride about 2 hours into his set with some really deep, dark, shuffle-your-feet techno and built it up really slowly for about 30 minutes until, at the peak, he brought in Boards of Canada's Happy Cycling. It was the weirdest fucking set in the best way possible.

Raresh and Petre Inspirescu have both kept me locked on dancefloors longer than many other DJs have for the past few years, and I'd go out of my way to see them again.

Old Post Oct-03-2019 15:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by idoru
Raresh and Petre Inspirescu have both kept me locked on dancefloors longer than many other DJs have for the past few years, and I'd go out of my way to see them again.

I've heard the former play B2B with Ricardo, and he was the better of the two that night. But I wasn't feeling it. It was at fabric for one of their birthday weekends; it's the only time I've ever gone to that club. I'm sure it was a great place to party in its heyday, but that time has surely passed. The security presence, sniffer dogs, etc. was a bit much. I couldn't relax until Sunday morning when things loosened up a little.

I've also heard the latter play on his own for an all nighter. He did a great job of building the set. A little too patient and slow for some, but I really enjoyed it. He had the dancefloor rocking at peak.

Haven't heard of Herodot. I see he's playing an extended set at the Lion and Lamb for an afters/daytime party on Sunday in November. Been wanting to check it out (Craig Richards' spot). Might give it a go.

Another producer I'm digging right now:

Old Post Oct-04-2019 06:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I played a couple of warmup / outside sets this year and it was mostly this kind of stuff. Not necessarily minimal but that sort of deep, tracky Yoyaku-style house.

I really liked this one. It's basically 2003 prog!

Also this. Nice vocoder use.

Fuck, this is such a bomb:

Old Post Oct-04-2019 22:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lonne
Stranger Than Fiction

I like most of the stuff posted in this thread. Care to share some more tracks?

I particularly like the deeper, more atmospheric stuff, like these two for instance:

It's very suitable music for outdoor parties on hot summer days like Woony mentioned. The stuff that guys like S.A.M. and Janeret put out is generally good as well.

Old Post Oct-06-2019 09:11  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lonne Click here to Send lonne a Private Message Add lonne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

its my favourite type of house at the moment, but apparently i'm late to the party, and its been a thing since 2013 and maybe before that ..ricardo really put these guys on the map.

Old Post Oct-08-2019 15:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

I remember I was in effect asking about exactly this type of house when I posted this thread a few months back, so it makes sense that I'm seeing a lot of the same names posted here.

It's not quite what I was expecting when I envisioned a more contemporary evolution of what would pass for hipster house circa ten years ago, in that it all sounds much smoother and sleeker than the wobble-chunk of yesteryear. Still, I like a lot of what I'm hearing, though it seems I warmed up to the mustache way too late.

Last edited by Paradox Lost on Oct-09-2019 at 00:38

Old Post Oct-08-2019 23:49  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I like most of the atmospheric stuff posted in this thread, and I like when guys like Mihai Popoviciu (if he counts) get deep and dubby. But my problem with this stuff is the same as it’s always been with anything “minimal”: it’s the tool tracks, the ones that comprise about 80% of these guys’ sets. Not only are they extremely dull to me, they also have a notably “dry” sound texture that I find really displeasing. And yeah, a big booming sound system surely eliminates some of that in a live setting, but the same goes for so much tech house and techno that is ultimately quite dull music.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-09-2019 13:07  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

I agree with Jack's feelings towards this. The sets some of these guys come out with is amongst the worst stuff out there.

That said, I really do like some of the productions coming out by one guy in particular named BRYZ. Not sure how well known he is but I'm sure most of the prog guys around here will take a liking to him.

Old Post Oct-10-2019 00:27  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list SPANIARD is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Old Post Oct-20-2019 07:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

this thread has given me some idea's i will be reporting back later..

i kind of miss regional house music

like every city used to have its own sound.....San Francisco house...south african house...uk trance....uk garage....new jersey house....miami bass ...etc...

and because this is from Romania i think it makes it sort of exotic...they have that going for them...being totally new and fresh...

Old Post Oct-20-2019 07:31  Canada
wotyzoid
it's not house

Praslea, Piticu...

Old Post Oct-20-2019 14:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > romanian-style minimal house
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread