Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Aftersketch
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

You know the deal... it's noon, you've been partying all night, and a friend (or a friend you just met) says "Hey, I know a place we can hang out". It sounds great at the time, because you want to keep partying. But then you get there, and it's not so cool. Maybe it seems cool because you want it to be, but it's totally not cool. The next day you're like "How the hell did I end up at that sketch hole?!". I'll never do that again. And you don't. Until next weekend.

I'll go first. After DT played Stereo (not the last time, but the time before, when he totally sucked), I was with a friend who met a girl that night. After she tells us to come to this place on the next block over. It was called "L'Escalier", up a long set of stairs. Swear to God, the hippiest place I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying something, given that I'm from Vermont. Most of the people were sitting on the floor or ratty bean bags. It looked like a college ghetto house, all small chopped up rooms, wierdos around every corner. Tons of unkept plants strewn all over. I felt like a drum circle was going to burst open at any moment. Then, in my post-Stereo wisdom, I thought "maybe a bump of K will make it this more tolerable". It didn't. It totally didn't. At all. It got exponentially wierder. I called some friends to come get me, and hid watching youtube vids on my phone until they arrived just to block out the surreality around me. I saw that girl again on NYD this year, and thanked her for the "experience", making it clear that I will never go back there again.

Old Post Mar-10-2012 16:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

Lol bro it can be worse trust me

Old Post Mar-10-2012 16:53  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for zeKsg Click here to Send zeKsg a Private Message Add zeKsg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

Details

I know, that was just the most recent personal experience off the top of my head.

Tell you what, everyone phrase your stories as "a friend told me once he..." so we won't think you're talking about yourself

Old Post Mar-10-2012 17:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

paging elfreak

Old Post Mar-10-2012 17:23  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for zeKsg Click here to Send zeKsg a Private Message Add zeKsg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

When I leave stereo at 11am I don't ever really feel like partying more.. usually we hang out at a friends place and just chain smoke and listen to trip hop real low and I head home around 2pm.

Old Post Mar-10-2012 17:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
portugzMTL
Supreme tranceaddict

lol oh my. I have a few of these. now if only I'd remember them all.

Old Post Mar-10-2012 18:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for portugzMTL Click here to Send portugzMTL a Private Message Add portugzMTL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I love partying through the next day at friends' places or a hotel. I often have more fun then that at the club. Getting a group of people who know how to do crazy well together in a room with good tunes is one of my favorite things to do.

Old Post Mar-10-2012 18:08  United States
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

halloween 2007: my gf, cribby and a couple others went to see adam beyer at the opera house in toronto. kick ass party. we heard rumours of a loft party that beyer would spin at as an 'afterparty' ... the loft was just down the street so we figured, ya, why not?!

we get there, and it's such a narrow two story loft. like 8 ft wide max! it was crammed, ppl were like zombies ... smoking non stop, absolutely no ventilation and it was damn hot. we figured we'd wait it out and hope beyer would make his appearance sooner than later. well that definitely didn't happen ... we waited for 1hr and he never showed up so they started playing Bjork instead ... we left shortly after lol

Old Post Mar-10-2012 18:18  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
portugzMTL
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I love partying through the next day at friends' places or a hotel. I often have more fun then that at the club. Getting a group of people who know how to do crazy well together in a room with good tunes is one of my favorite things to do.

seriously.
and even having recaps of cracked out things your friends did. lol

Old Post Mar-10-2012 18:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for portugzMTL Click here to Send portugzMTL a Private Message Add portugzMTL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Passskal
Supreme tranceaddict

For the past year, I've been going almost only to daytime chills, skipping the party in favor of sleep. There's nothing like a daytime party at someone's loft with friends DJing and everyone wearing sweatpants. Add the right people (very important), some sun, a pool, hot tub, bikinis and you have the perfect day.

I've managed to avoid super sketchy aftercrackers most probably because I stopped taking risks by following people I barely know in hope for the ultimate after party.

Old Post Mar-10-2012 23:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Passskal Click here to Send Passskal a Private Message Add Passskal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Nacht
Supreme tranceaddict

My ultimate after party took place at an old friends house, soon after leaving Aria. It was an appropriate afternoon of sitting on a couch, smoking joint after joint. The interesting part came when my friends mom decided she wanted to relive her glory days, and take a leftover speed I had. It didn't take much time before my friend bitterly locked himself in his room because his mom was putting on a show and a half. Dancing in the living room to imaginary music and telling us stories of her youth that made absolutely no sense. The climax of the day came when I decided to leave, which greatly upset her. As soon as I got up from the couch she began to tap the empty seat next to her and beg me to stay, as if she would die if I left.

This was the second time I regret giving a pill to someone, the first time was a limo driver who decided he wanted to try Ecstasy for the first time, while driving me and my friends home.

Old Post Mar-11-2012 00:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Nacht Click here to Send Dj Nacht a Private Message Add Dj Nacht to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

quote:
Originally posted by Passskal
For the past year, I've been going almost only to daytime chills, skipping the party in favor of sleep. There's nothing like a daytime party at someone's loft with friends DJing and everyone wearing sweatpants. Add the right people (very important), some sun, a pool, hot tub, bikinis and you have the perfect day.

I've managed to avoid super sketchy aftercrackers most probably because I stopped taking risks by following people I barely know in hope for the ultimate after party.

is this what adulthood is like? skipping night parties to party in pjs at a nice loft w good friends? if so it sounds awesome

i've had too many of these to both remember and mention. i'm 100% in agreeance that chilling out the next day w good friends is sometimes even more enjoyable than the night before

Old Post Mar-11-2012 18:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Aftersketch
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp Need ID Here Please [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHive - "Ultrasonic Sound" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread