Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.23-2012.03.25 [DAY/NITE] Ultra Music Festival XIV
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Pantone199c
I believe Cox himself said that his tent will take up one side of the street on biscayne.
so i guess thats how they are increasing capacity over last year then....

Old Post Mar-09-2012 18:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
niinah
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by trojans14
Why do they even have the tabs? If the ticket is invalid once its ripped off why would you have the tabs? Doesn't make sense.

Exactly, makes no sense whatsoever!
Last year they also kind of had tabs, but not labeled Fri, Sat, Sun, and they were mostly not ripped off at the gate (though I saw some ripped ones)

I agree with Dream Beamz, they're just looking for a way to turn some ppl down at the entrance :[

Edit: Also, they do not mention that you can not rip the tabs off, except in the E-MAIL they sent to ticket buyers -- if you've changed your e-mail or the mail went to spam... boohoo for you
[It does not even explicitly say so in the fine print on the back of the ticket, I checked!]

Last edited by niinah on Mar-09-2012 at 19:01

Old Post Mar-09-2012 18:44  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for niinah Click here to Send niinah a Private Message Add niinah to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by niinah
Last year they also kind of had tabs, but not labeled Fri, Sat, Sun, and they were mostly not ripped off at the gate (though I saw some ripped ones)

I agree with Dream Beamz, they're just looking for a way to turn some ppl down at the entrance :[

Edit: Also, they did not mention that you can not rip the tabs off, except in the E-MAIL they sent to ticket buyers -- if you've changed your e-mail or the mail went to spam... boohoo for you
saw a guy on CL saying he was only selling his friday ticket, so i asked him how, he said u can rip the tabs off......feel sorry for whoever buys that

Old Post Mar-09-2012 18:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
niinah
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
saw a guy on CL saying he was only selling his friday ticket, so i asked him how, he said u can rip the tabs off......feel sorry for whoever buys that

Yep, that's one 3-day ticket completely ruined...

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:00  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for niinah Click here to Send niinah a Private Message Add niinah to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

quote:

Edit: Also, they do not mention that you can not rip the tabs off, except in the E-MAIL they sent to ticket buyers -- if you've changed your e-mail or the mail went to spam... boohoo for you
[It does not even explicitly say so in the fine print on the back of the ticket, I checked!]

They ripped mine last year on Friday when I went in. Pretty pissed, as I wanted to keep it mint as a memento of the weekend. Oh well, I had Cosmic Gate sign it on Sunday. Some ass tried to take off with my ticket when they were handing it back, about knocked him out.

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:02  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Yep, that's one 3-day ticket completely ruined...
well the friday ruined anyways

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:04  United States
niinah
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
well the friday ruined anyways

Right, and if we believe the e-mail the whole ticket also

"DO NOT REMOVE the individual tabs labeled DAY 1, DAY 2, or DAY 3. Your ticket will be rendered invalid should you do this. The tabs must be attached to the ticket for it to remain valid. NO EXCEPTIONS."

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:08  Finland
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Right, and if we believe the e-mail the whole ticket also

"DO NOT REMOVE the individual tabs labeled DAY 1, DAY 2, or DAY 3. Your ticket will be rendered invalid should you do this. The tabs must be attached to the ticket for it to remain valid. NO EXCEPTIONS."
maybe, but im pretty sure after its scanned, they will remove it......

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:09  United States
niinah
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
maybe, but im pretty sure after its scanned, they will remove it......

We shall see in 2 weeks

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:10  Finland
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

quote:
We shall see in 2 weeks

It's gonna be funny standing in line watching people stroking the ticket and saying "my precious..."

I'm more afraid of the event staff ripping something. Ultra better have a person out there watching.

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:12  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

im selling my ultra ticket for 9,000! who wants it?

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:16  United States
niinah
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Pantone199c
It's gonna be funny standing in line watching people stroking the ticket and saying "my precious..."

I'm more afraid of the event staff ripping something. Ultra better have a person out there watching.

Yep, last year also, some were ripped and some not.. hope there is some consistency to their madness this year
Good thing we saved the plastic covers from last year, though it does not seem the tabs will come off on their own, I'll keep mine in the plastic just in case

Old Post Mar-09-2012 19:16  Finland

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.23-2012.03.25 [DAY/NITE] Ultra Music Festival XIV
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAwesome tune in Eric Sneo - Febuary 2005 Demo Mix [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBlue - "Losing Control" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread