Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > TA best of 2022
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

TA best of 2022

Like a lot of people, I haven't been logging into TA regularily but I just remembered I used to make one of these threads, so here we go, better late than never I guess, haha!

I went big on lists this year and made a top 30 EPs and a top 30 albums list for my new Substack. Unsurprisingly, Adam Pits makes the EPs list, as well as some other trance/prog-inspired records. The other trend I've seeen this year is emotional 00's IDM throwback records. Clearly, in 2022 melodies were back bigger than ever.

What about you guys?

Old Post Dec-31-2022 20:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Shit, have I even listened to anything from this year? I know I bought some stuff, but always keep putting it off to listen to other stuff I bought from the year before.

(~)

Old Post Jan-01-2023 00:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Good man for listing Adam Pits, Woony. I'll parse your list when I'm more sober.

If I'm in Berlin this summer, fancy a drink?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-01-2023 01:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
If I'm in Berlin this summer, fancy a drink?

Sure!

Old Post Jan-01-2023 15:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

You got a Substack? Nice. Just gave you a sub, even if my own desire to write there sort of dried up last year.

Old Post Jan-04-2023 22:50  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

I made a top release list, here they are below, the Alex Albrecht and Bot1500 were the top ones for me, and the rest were other releases I really liked this year, with comments on each below the player.

>I think this is the best thing I've heard from Alex Albrecht, even better than his Campfire Stories from the previous year.

>Also, this to me is the best work of Bot1500, I love the range of style on this, even if he does use a similar sound palette on some of the tracks that were used in previous releases.

>I think this is one of the best 36 albums, sounds like a sequel to Fade to Grey which came out a few years ago.

>While I thought these guys missed a great opportunity to throw down some beats, I still really enjoyed this.

>Really loved Aural Imbalances production here, nice spacey drum and bass. I think others liked the ASC releases on this label more, but this one did it for me.

>I like the weird sounds on this, and it has a nice mix of all the tracks.

>Smokey idm beats done just right, really glad I was able to pick this up on vinyl before it sold out.

>To me, this is the best use of vocals in ambient that I've heard, really angelic sounding, and kind of reminds me of trance in the late 90s and early 00s in some aspects. Also a nod to Salt Tank with Atlantic Diva. This one felt really deep without being overdone.

>Waited a couple of years for this reissue once Delsin started putting out all the old CIM releases, I think this is my favorite of the EPs that were re-released.

>I was really surprised that ASC could put out an album sounding like this, a really nice and delicate sound.

>Long form ambient from 4 different producers, some that usually only put out other styles of music, a nice exploration.

>Rising Sun is a buy on site artist for me, somehow, his sound never gets old to me.

>Another reissue that was I really pleased with, really glad that got put out, as I already loved the album, but never picked up a second hand copy of discogs. The pressing is really good too.

Old Post Jan-05-2023 06:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Can't really think of too many that jumped out at me. But one obvious pick is Bicep - Water. Bicep + the YM2612 (Genesis/Mega Drive soundchip) obviously has my name written all over it.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Jan-07-2023 03:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > TA best of 2022
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID Needed!!! #1... [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFischerSpooner - "Emerge" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread