Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (underway) **** .::::::::
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Well, I definitely like the idea of a Peak Time theme the most out of the ones suggested. Driving would be cool as well, but again it's pretty loose. I could easily play the exact same set for both themes, as my peak time style is pretty driving.

> Live @ Repose 001 12.02.17 [Ambient Electronica]
> The Dead Laptop Blues [Progressive Tech]
> Things I Can't Understand [Melodic]

Old Post Jun-22-2017 19:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah, to me it seems like Peak Hours is the theme that allows for the most variety so far. Underwater may end up with a flood (pun intended ) of ethereal downtempo mixes, and the summery/rooftop party may have us listening to a bunch of different iterations of house/techno mixes. Maybe a Driving theme would have variety there as well.

Hopefully other people have some suggestions, or can give their thoughts/input on the current list.

Set Archive

Old Post Jun-22-2017 20:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

Honestly, I haven't dished out a peak time mix in years so that intrigues me a lot.

The themes I come up with are quite a bit more abstract, like "where do I go from here?"

Anywhere But Here - A progressive breaks mix

Old Post Jun-22-2017 20:12  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
How certain are you that you can still make it by then? Even though I like you, rules are rules and if you aren't able to deliver by then you're out. I wouldn't sign up unless I was 100% certain I could do it before the deadline.

I thought we were friends, Nick

Yeah, the problem is, I'm gonna be gone for most of August and some of September, so end of September deadline will 100% not work for me, I'm afraid, if the theme will only be announced at end of July. Honestly mid November deadline would be best

I like underwater, personally, more than Peak Time; but I suppose my suggestion would be 'Deep South.'

Edit: I like driving, as well.

Old Post Jun-22-2017 20:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Lews is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I'm definitely in!

As for a theme, mine is 'urbanity'. A bit open to interpretation - can be anything from the grittiness of a rust belt ghetto to a hyper-paced trip through a sprawling megalopolis, the hustle-and-bustle of city life, etc.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Jun-24-2017 15:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Yeah, the problem is, I'm gonna be gone for most of August and some of September, so end of September deadline will 100% not work for me, I'm afraid, if the theme will only be announced at end of July. Honestly mid November deadline would be best

So last year's challenge ended on October 23rd. Do you think you could have a mix done by then this year?

Set Archive

Old Post Jun-26-2017 18:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

I prefer that these mix series get back to the old MD trends for threads so like, for example, next time there could be a theme of like "music to pick grapes to" or "music for a halal meat market".

Also, there should be more rules, and in a bigger font.

Old Post Jun-26-2017 21:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Oh yes Id be up for doing this again.

Ill put forward Autumn as a theme suggestion

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Jul-03-2017 20:23  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Any other participants? (Jack?) Thoughts on the current list of themes?

All of the suggestions seem like doable themes, the question is what is everyone's favorite? I'd be interested in picking the one that has the most general support but if everything is pretty even I will just pick one at random.

Set Archive

Old Post Jul-11-2017 15:05 
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

ill have a go in this challenge. haven't been playing music enough lately so this will give me some incentive. as for a theme idea ill just throw in 'horror'

Old Post Jul-11-2017 15:23  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Kein Fan davon

Does "deep south" simply entail our own personal associations with the US' southern states? If so, that sounds quite interesting.

Old Post Jul-12-2017 09:26  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Maybe we can do something akin to the genre challenge for this one, and assign a theme to each person. Would ensure that we don't waste anyone's good ideas.

Set Archive

Old Post Jul-12-2017 11:10 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (underway) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread