Mixed In Key launches Harmonic Mixing DJ Contest
The challenge: Contestants must showcase their favorite music genre in a 10-15 minute mix that will impress the world’s best DJs. The top winner receives prizes worth over $6000.
Contest website link: http://contest.mixedinkey.com/
The top winner will receive:
· 1 pair of Event Opal Studio Monitors
· Serato Scratch Live with a Rane SL 3 interface
· Ableton Suite 8
· Free copies of all current and future Mixed In Key DJ products
· "The Bridge" technology from Ableton and Serato
· Gift certificates from Beatport and Traxsource
The Mixed In Key team will listen to each entry and pick the 20 best ones. The judging panel will then choose 5 winners.
The judges are:
Enferno, Mashup master and Madonna tour DJ
High Contrast, Drum-and-Bass maestro from the United Kingdom
Jonas Tempel, Founder of www.Beatport.com
Karl Detken, 18 year veteran of Pioneer's Dj division
Kaskade, House music producer and DJ from the United States
Markus Schulz, Trance pioneer based in Miami
Pete Tong, host of Essential Mix and Pete Tong on BBC Radio 1
Sasha, Iconic DJ, remixer and producer
Yakov Vorobyev, founder of Mixed In Key
1) Entry deadline: November 25, 2010
2) The mix has to be 100% harmonic
3) The mix must be between 10-15 minutes in length
4) Judging criteria: The mix must inspire listeners to become fans of that music genre, take the listener on a journey, and showcase innovation in harmonic mixing.
Nobody likes a sour mix!