Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lassy - Trance Classics Mix
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

This mix sounds interesting from what I've been reading so far. Just have to wait for the download...

Speaking of downloads, use Filefront.com next time. It doesn't have any annoying ads like MegaUpload and you don't have to sign up for access.

Old Post Oct-16-2006 08:44  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by flynno
Hi Lassy, was listening to this with some of my mates while watching the sun set over the ocean here at the southern most tip of Africa in Cape Town South Africa. Have to say it was one of the more beautiful moments I have experienced. Absolutely stunning mix. Transitions and mixing very high class, flow was spot on, track selection I thought was super. I would have to say out of all the sets I've downloaded from TA, this has to be the one that has given me the most pleasure. This is a real beauty. Thanks - Flynno.

I couldn't have wished for a better compliment than yours!

Many many thanks flynno!

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
This mix sounds interesting from what I've been reading so far. Just have to wait for the download...

Speaking of downloads, use Filefront.com next time. It doesn't have any annoying ads like MegaUpload and you don't have to sign up for access.

Thanx, also for the tip! I've uploaded it to filefront.com as well:

http://hosted.filefront.com/mlasschuyt

Last edited by Lassy on Feb-27-2007 at 10:23

Old Post Oct-16-2006 09:33  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Lassy Click here to Send Lassy a Private Message Add Lassy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

just a litle kick to have it shared with as many people as possible

Old Post Feb-27-2007 10:17  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Lassy Click here to Send Lassy a Private Message Add Lassy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

Glad you bumped this. This looks like a sick set, so I'm grabbing it now. Thanks!

Old Post Feb-27-2007 12:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Zoso is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Glad you bumped this. This looks like a sick set, so I'm grabbing it now. Thanks!

Cheers, let me know what you think of it.

Old Post Mar-12-2007 10:14  Netherlands
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

Great mix all around. Nothing whatsoever to complain about. It's nice to go back and listen to mix like this when new stuff is wearing a little too thin.

Old Post Mar-12-2007 18:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Zoso is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

Mirror

Last edited by Lassy on May-31-2011 at 06:17

Old Post Apr-14-2007 10:49  Netherlands
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Great mix all around. Nothing whatsoever to complain about. It's nice to go back and listen to mix like this when new stuff is wearing a little too thin.

Thanx! ...and a gentle bump

Old Post Jun-12-2007 13:17  Netherlands
skip
a.k.a. skip2

i just listened this at work today.
and first i must say that i don't usually care much for classics mixes because they tend to be not so exciting when you've heard all the tracks before already.
i've heard almost all of the tunes on this mix and liked every single one. mixing was very good, some mixes even fucking brilliant.
loved the mix from "i know you love me too" to "subraumstimulation" absolutely brilliant. first mix was great too from "mercury & solace" to "venus of my dreams".
some other mixes kinda had a slight problem when there's two tracks playing but it kinda sounds like neither one is playing. i have that problem with my sets usually. and IMO it's usually distracting only when you know the tunes very well. i guess sometimes it'd just be better to bring the tune in later on and not so early.
harmonically everything went together really well and mixing was super tight (gonna have to give three thumbs up if this wasn't mixed on ableton or some other "autobeatmatcher").
what else can i say? levels were constant, during transitions too. sixty nine ways sounded a bit bassy though for some reason, could be that some other tune did too, but i noticed it best with sixty nine ways.
overall a really good mix with great tunes and very good transitions (with a couple of absolutely brilliant ones too).

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post Jun-21-2007 12:53  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

Thanks for your comments skip! This mix actually was meant to practise mixing with using my cdj-800's. So no, I didn't use any autobeatmatcher
I guess you meant the basslines sometimes killing each other. That's something which is difficult to prevent. It just a matter of frequencies blocking each other out, which is hard to beat with just using a mixer. I could've edited this mix and enhanced the basslines, but I wanted this mix to be as clean and pure as possible.

Thanks again!

Old Post Jul-06-2007 13:18  Netherlands
skip
a.k.a. skip2

quote:
Originally posted by Lassy
Thanks for your comments skip! This mix actually was meant to practise mixing with using my cdj-800's. So no, I didn't use any autobeatmatcher
I guess you meant the basslines sometimes killing each other. That's something which is difficult to prevent. It just a matter of frequencies blocking each other out, which is hard to beat with just using a mixer. I could've edited this mix and enhanced the basslines, but I wanted this mix to be as clean and pure as possible.

Thanks again!

what i meant with the "two tracks playing but it kinda sounds like neither one is playing" is that sometimes when mixing it can go so that both tracks are pretty much the same volume and playing on top of each other, but they kinda would sound better if either one was more in the background and the other one would be the more "dominant". it's really hard to explain as i'm no pro dj myself.
anyway the mixing was super tight and you clearly know how to use your cdj-800s!

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post Jul-06-2007 15:53  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
davro
tranceaddict

really Enjoyed listening to this mix -Thanks Lassy!

Lassy Please could you upload your mix called Lassy - The Ultimate Mix? Cheers!

Old Post Jul-25-2007 15:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for davro Click here to Send davro a Private Message Add davro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lassy - Trance Classics Mix
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread