Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lassy - Trance Classics Mix
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TOR
Traveller

Very impressive, you can tell a lot of preperation went into this.
The transitions are just spot on, as is the track selection.

Very well done indeed.

Old Post May-08-2006 18:04  Europe
Click Here to See the Profile for TOR Click here to Send TOR a Private Message Add TOR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stevieboy32808
==============

9.5/10
I love classic mixes because they always teach me something new from the past. In this case I was overwhelmed with a bunch of music I havenít heard of back then. For the most part your progression is beautiful and kept me tuned in for the remainder of this set. The key phrase there is Ďfor the most partí because most of your transitions are typical fade in/fade out techniques and that type of mixing gets boring after a while. This is not to say that the music you used was boring, just a reason I held back from giving you a perfect ten. On the technical side of things I didnít notice any errors throughout your set. The music itself was very well chosen and a great representation of the classic theme. My experience with this set was a great one, therefore keep up the good work Lassy!

Old Post May-08-2006 22:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for stevieboy32808 Click here to Send stevieboy32808 a Private Message Add stevieboy32808 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

Thanks guys, I'm really flattered

2 TOR: Yes, you're right about the preparation. I could've easily chosen any famous classic track and use it in my mix, but I always try to mix in key so I had to go through all my records to find matching keyed tracks. That takes time indeed.

2 stevieboy32808: I never expected to get a 10/10 because that's impossible imho. But I even didn't expect a 9.5/10 so I'm still impressed with that. Thanx!
Fade in fade out mixing is what you hear, but a lot of eq changes were used during this mix though. Still I don't like to use many other techniques bc I like my mixes clean, especially with trance. With techno it's a different story and I even slip in an old fashion back spin, but it sure wouldn't fit in this mix

Old Post May-09-2006 07:14  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Lassy Click here to Send Lassy a Private Message Add Lassy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Konijn
Subverting Paradigms

nice mix marcel the lieb tunes alone make it worthwhile

[Dark Disco|Frozen Balearic|Gay Biker-House| Boogie-Trance|Heavy Electronica|Soft-Goth]

Old Post May-09-2006 23:06  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Konijn Click here to Send Konijn a Private Message Visit Konijn's homepage! Add Konijn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

Thanx Konijn!

Need more feedback here

Old Post May-13-2006 17:25  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Lassy Click here to Send Lassy a Private Message Add Lassy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gothhenge
Junior tranceaddict

I like it a lot! I am not a DJ or producer, just someone who really enjoys listening to trance ... so I can't really comment deeply about your mixing technique, etc... But I really enjoyed your set

Old Post May-19-2006 19:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gothhenge Click here to Send gothhenge a Private Message Visit gothhenge's homepage! Add gothhenge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

Thanx m8! Appreciate it very much!

Old Post May-22-2006 16:13  Netherlands
JasonThomas
mixedsessions.com

wow! what a gem. this is precisely why i browse this forum so often.

incredible mix here man. perfect mixing. i'm not hesitating to say perfect because it is! keys are perfect and absolutely no flaws in levels or phasing can be detected. i bow down to you sir! lol

and trackselection! the trackselection is also brilliant! sure you may have been more focused on keying tracks than shoving in a bunch of big hits from the past. but that is what makes this set so great. it's as if it was made in the classic era. or atleast it has integrety and and a life of it's own verses some greatest hits compilation.

really can't say enough great things about this. it really hit me at the perfect time to. i've just hit my regular phase of searching for nostalgia as i do every so often and this one really hit the spot. granted i'm not familiar with a lot of the tracks and some were before my time but the feeling is pure and wonderful for me.

so happy you shared this with us. thanks!

edit: just too bad i had to edit 5 mins off to fit on a cd.
no perfect score for you!

Old Post May-23-2006 06:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for JasonThomas Click here to Send JasonThomas a Private Message Visit JasonThomas's homepage! Add JasonThomas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

I'm getting embarrassed now Many thanks for your overwhelming comments!

I know about the length of the mix, but you can always burn it as mp3

Old Post May-23-2006 07:20  Netherlands
Lassy
Senior tranceaddict

Because this is slowly sliding into the oblivion Iíll give this a gentle kick

Old Post Jun-24-2006 21:37  Netherlands
Bamboozles
tranceaddict in training

just downloaded and starting to listen Comments later......sounds from the comments that the first tune is setting the tone

edit: great mix set.....very good tune selection (could have done without a couple of the tunes but that is no big deal, rarely find a mix set where you like all the tunes to the hilt) would be interested in any other mixes you may have done.....great job. love the smooth transitions and the smooth feeling of the set in general....i could just lay back with this mix playing and feel blissful!

edit: tunes 11,12,13 in succession is something that i totally loved...utterly blissful......#14 (lsg) was one tune i did not care much for (but thats just me) and the kamaya painters tune again was perfect....great finish

Last edited by Bamboozles on Jun-25-2006 at 15:29

Old Post Jun-25-2006 14:23  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Bamboozles Click here to Send Bamboozles a Private Message Add Bamboozles to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lars Sanchez
Supreme tranceaddict

nice easy going mix _ itīs wonderful to listen to while doing other things _ good work

- M6 - Fade to Black (Bryan Summerville Rework) [CD-R]
- Bryan Summerville - Deeply Thoughts [Defcon Recordings]
- Peter Feel & Bryan Summerville Pres. Red Point - Angel [D.MAX Recordings]

and more --->

www.facebook.com/bryan.summerville

Old Post Jun-25-2006 21:32  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Lars Sanchez Click here to Send Lars Sanchez a Private Message Visit Lars Sanchez's homepage! Add Lars Sanchez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lassy - Trance Classics Mix
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread