Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Unknown Tracks > Sasha tune needs to be id'd...
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Michael Mauve
Junior tranceaddict

Actually I talked to a gentleman at Excession who has done music management and forwarding for Sasha for quite some time. I snipped a sample of the track and sent it to him for ID, and his response was pretty much a shoulder shrug. Not sure if I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but figured it was worth bringing up again.

The hunt goes on. So far the vocals are an accapella of Mutiny - "To Fly Is My Wish" layered over something else. I'm not entirely positive about this, but the Maven Controller wasn't developed until early to mid 2006 (Fundacion era), and this set is from 2003. I'm fairly certain that he isn't using loops of any sort in tandem with the accapella, listening closely this actually sounds like a track in itself with vocals layered over it. Videos on YouTube from this specific event reveal they were using CDJ's and turntables in the DJ booth.

Like I mentioned earlier, the parts in the track with the vocals actually emits popping and hissing. It was taken from vinyl and layered over a digital track.

If I manage to talk to anyone else about the track Ill update

Old Post Aug-27-2008 15:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Mauve Click here to Send Michael Mauve a Private Message Visit Michael Mauve's homepage! Add Michael Mauve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PedroDaGr8
tranceaddict in training

Damn this song is awesome. Such a beautiful track. Sucks that there is no clue on what it is.

Old Post Nov-02-2008 20:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PedroDaGr8 Click here to Send PedroDaGr8 a Private Message Add PedroDaGr8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zer0nium
Senior tranceaddict

Ok, so I understand where someone said a part of the track sounds like Mojado - El Trecer Ojo, and also someone insisted it was an Xpander mix --- both of you made good points. But this track is not either.. nor associated to them.

The person who keeps insisting that it's an acapella of Mutiny - To Fly is my Wish... please repost the audio link. I haven't been able to compare the two.

Also, we are talking about this sample right: http://www.djdais.com/files/Sasha%2...onpark%20ID.mp3 ?

To me, the track gives off a Matthew Dekay vibe. Don't know if its the bassline, or what. Also, it has a similar element that was in a track from the Sasha & Digweed NYE Mtv2 mix from... 2000? Lemme check.. I think it has a similar vibe at Lupin Howl - Vaporizer (Leon Alexander Instrumental)/Switchcraft - Whitenoise... it's been awhile since I listened to the mix... but based on what I hear in my head I know it's one of those two.

I will continue to search... but I will name some possible suspects...
Luke Chable... Doubtful
Matthew Dekay... his hands are def. dirty with this one.
Spooky... Sasha's BFF, you never know.

I think we need to start a betting pool too. Whoever ID's it wins the pot. Escrow and paypal. I'll bet $5 to be the starter. And yes, I will pay. Who else cares to wager.

Old Post Nov-23-2008 20:02  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Zer0nium Click here to Send Zer0nium a Private Message Add Zer0nium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jammin
tranceaddict in training

Its Aqua "Barbie Girl". Just hand me the cash now lads

Old Post Nov-24-2008 18:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for jammin Click here to Send jammin a Private Message Add jammin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diamondza
tranceaddict in training

King

I don't think there's one DJ who has had more "ID this tune"-posts of his sets than Sasha..

Old Post Jan-20-2009 10:33  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for diamondza Click here to Send diamondza a Private Message Add diamondza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OxigenReleased
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by diamondza
I don't think there's one DJ who has had more "ID this tune"-posts of his sets than Sasha..

Best entertainers on tranceaddict i must add, Everyone collaborates!

Old Post Apr-29-2009 21:42  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for OxigenReleased Click here to Send OxigenReleased a Private Message Add OxigenReleased to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lostvission
Top 40 Broski

so what do i get if i id this tune after 5 years of debate ??

Old Post Jun-18-2009 18:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Lostvission Click here to Send Lostvission a Private Message Visit Lostvission's homepage! Add Lostvission to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr E 2 Me
tranceaddict

For all those still interested, here's the first minute of the Mutiny track I'm positive the vocals were taken from - http://mre2me.googlepages.com/1.Mut...FlyIsMyWish.mp3

It's track one on this album - http://www.discogs.com/Various-Sout.../release/539682

Old Post Jun-18-2009 22:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr E 2 Me Click here to Send Mr E 2 Me a Private Message Visit Mr E 2 Me's homepage! Add Mr E 2 Me to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zer0nium
Senior tranceaddict

Ok, so yea... I'm going to say it's definitely Amrit Rahi/Mutiny - To Fly is My wish....

.......unfortunately, this doesn't get us any closer.

Old Post Jul-07-2009 03:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Zer0nium Click here to Send Zer0nium a Private Message Add Zer0nium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shade
Supreme tranceaddict

It's a mash between Spooky - Xpander (i.e. pre-Sasha version) and Mutiny - To Fly Is My Wish. I doubt it'll see a release.

Old Post Jul-27-2009 19:30  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Click here to Send Shade a Private Message Add Shade to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Amir_9
tranceaddict

Can anyone reupload the sample, I remember someone uploaded a 4 minute version.

Old Post Jan-20-2010 15:41  Bahrain
Click Here to See the Profile for Amir_9 Click here to Send Amir_9 a Private Message Add Amir_9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tombojones
tranceaddict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka8gx7Dkw2w

Last edited by tombojones on May-22-2011 at 23:13

Old Post Jan-28-2010 08:22  Sierra Leone
Click Here to See the Profile for tombojones Click here to Send tombojones a Private Message Add tombojones to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Unknown Tracks > Sasha tune needs to be id'd...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease don't laugh :) '99 vocal trance ID [2003] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAirbase - "Pole Position" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread