Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2006 > What DJ's were good and which weren't IMO (Lovefest 06 Afterparty)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dilmeet
Supreme tranceaddict

What DJ's were good and which weren't IMO (Lovefest 06 Afterparty)

Here is the order which I liked the dj's last night's show

1st. Andy Moor - Killed it when he played YearZero ...I honestly think this guy is going to make it huge in the DJing scene as well...maybe even the next Armin Van Buuren

2nd. Junkie XL - I have never been so pumped up by a dj. That 1st track where the guy is saying "take the red pill" was just nuts. Now I know why so many LA heads favour this dude

3rd. Christopher Lawrence - I was to tired by the time he came up to play, but I was just sitting there on top enjoying his pretty nifty set.

Now, Oakenfold IMO wasn't that good, I think he completely lost his touch. This was my 2nd time seeing him and the 1st was wayyyyy different. The 1st one i've seen was amazing, it was at an event in LA.

Above & Beyond, I so fucking regret not seeing them. The people I was with were tired and wanted to go home. And our ride home was 3 hours away ...so we didn't get home till 6am!

All in all, it was a fun night, I was drinking and had a great buzz going on through out the whole night. I hope all of you had the same exp I did, if not better.

Share your inputs

Old Post Sep-25-2006 04:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dilmeet Click here to Send Dilmeet a Private Message Visit Dilmeet's homepage! Add Dilmeet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aralemomdadok
Senior tranceaddict

Glad to hear that the afterparty went well. I was too tired to go after all the afternoon festivity

Andy Moor had a little issue in the afternoon. He was obviously not comfortable for the first 10 mintues into the his set. Glad to hear that he was game at the after party.

Oakey... his afternoon set was only okay. It didn't help that he had a really rough transition between Christopher Lawrence's last track and his first track. I'm not too surprised to hear the he lost his touch that night.

I had some videos from the afternoon sets. Can anyone tell me where to put the links?

Old Post Sep-25-2006 04:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for aralemomdadok Click here to Send aralemomdadok a Private Message Add aralemomdadok to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by aralemomdadok

Oakey... his afternoon set was only okay. It didn't help that he had a really rough transition between Christopher Lawrence's last track and his first track. I'm not too surprised to hear the he lost his touch that night.

I had some videos from the afternoon sets. Can anyone tell me where to put the links?

Oakey??! Sorry to break it to you but he did not play at the parade.. that guy was Dyloot.. Unless I missed it?!

Upload your videos on youtube.com

Old Post Sep-25-2006 23:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dilmeet
Supreme tranceaddict

He played at the after party for sure. His session was right after Junkie XL's

Old Post Sep-25-2006 23:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dilmeet Click here to Send Dilmeet a Private Message Visit Dilmeet's homepage! Add Dilmeet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

Oakey did not play during the Parade/Festival. It was Skill's Dyloot that played after Lawrence.

Old Post Sep-25-2006 23:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djkyo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
Oakey did not play during the Parade/Festival. It was Skill's Dyloot that played after Lawrence.

actually Dyloot open the room, then it was andy moor then christopher lawrence then junkie xl then oakenfold then above and beyond

Old Post Sep-26-2006 00:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djkyo Click here to Send djkyo a Private Message Add djkyo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
henryv
Henry De Villon

Aalto - 5 (Original Mix)

got played wayyy tooo much like atleast 5 times

Old Post Sep-26-2006 03:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for henryv Click here to Send henryv a Private Message Visit henryv's homepage! Add henryv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sweetcandy girl
Coldharbour addict

Good:

Float During Parade:
Kyo Vs Ray Loved loved this set \0/

Float after Parade:

Andy Moor
Above and Beyond
Christopher Lawerance
Benny Benassi

After Party:
Christopher Lawernce
Junkie Xl
I am sure I would have said Andy Moor if I did not miss it(DOH)

Bad:
Float During the parade-
The Girl Dj after Kyo Vs Ray
Dj Rap

Ugly:
After Party:
Jokenfold

Old Post Sep-26-2006 04:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sweetcandy girl Click here to Send sweetcandy girl a Private Message Visit sweetcandy girl's homepage! Add sweetcandy girl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djkyo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sweetcandy girl
Good:

Float During Parade:
Kyo Vs Ray Loved loved this set \0/

Float after Parade:

Andy Moor
Above and Beyond
Christopher Lawerance
Benny Benassi

After Party:
Christopher Lawernce
Junkie Xl
I am sure I would have said Andy Moor if I did not miss it(DOH)

Bad:
Float During the parade-
The Girl Dj after Kyo Vs Ray
Dj Rap

Ugly:
After Party:
Jokenfold

thank you very much i had a blast spinning at the float i am really happy you enjoy the set as much as i did cant wait for spundae LA november 4th!!!!

Old Post Sep-26-2006 06:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djkyo Click here to Send djkyo a Private Message Add djkyo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aralemomdadok
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover24
Oakey??! Sorry to break it to you but he did not play at the parade.. that guy was Dyloot.. Unless I missed it?!

Upload your videos on youtube.com

Well whoever it was, he did mess up the transition, no doubt about it. I can't tell who the guy is because he would've looked like a homeless person if he's not on stage! No offense to him of course... it's just that I've seen wayy too many homeless people looking like that in SF... Bad excuse I know.

I uploaded them on google video. Where would be a good place to put the link?

Old Post Sep-27-2006 03:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for aralemomdadok Click here to Send aralemomdadok a Private Message Add aralemomdadok to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SaintPaddy
tranceaddict

Yes Junkie tore it up big time. Soon as i heard lawrence fishburnes voice i knew junkie was up. I was front and center the whole set. Amazing energy. The only dj i didnt like was oakenfold. It seemed he was trying to continue junkie energy but went way over the top. Transistions were not good and track selection was poor. I ended up leaving durin his set, did it get any better towards the end

Old Post Sep-30-2006 22:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SaintPaddy Click here to Send SaintPaddy a Private Message Add SaintPaddy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2006 > What DJ's were good and which weren't IMO (Lovefest 06 Afterparty)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed ID On This 1 [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFragma - "Everytime You Need Me" (Dumonde Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread