Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Into The Blue [Progressive]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Into The Blue [Progressive]

01. Solar Fields - Water Silence [Ultimae]
02. Yeah But No - New Again (Karmon Remix) [Sinnbus]
03. Dave Seaman & Steve Parry - Repeat Offender (D-Nox & Beckers Remix) [Selador]
04. Blaktone - Under My Skin (Nicolas Masseyeff Remix) [Selador]
05. Dmitry Molosh - Sacra [Replug]
06. Francis Xavier - 75% Chance Of Acid [Motorik]
07. ARTBAT - Upperground [Diynamic]
08. Dmitry Molosh - Bustle [Sudbeat]
09. Cid Inc. - Via Karelia [Replug]
10. Sharam - Lobi [Yoshitoshi]
11. Matt Rowan - Gotcha (Kostya Outta Remix) [Balkan Connection]
12. QDN - Escape (Kostya Outta Cyclic Remix) [Frequenza]
13. Joseph Ashworth - Lizard [Posterboy]
14. Betoko - Kordial [Stereo Productions]
15. Brame & Hamo - Sports Complex [Brame & Hamo]
16. Hugo Massein - Ghost Note [17 Steps]
17. Sublime - The Theme (Mix 2) [Limbo]
18. Gat Decor - Passion (Naked Mix) [Altra Moda]
19. Slam - Positive Education [Soma]
20. Dmitry Molosh - Ambition [Sudbeat]
21. Steve Lawler - Avaida (The Organ Track) [Viva]
22. Saalim Feat. Hannah Mancini - Time Flies (Ooft! Remix) [boredaudio]

Hereís a new mix. Thereís no grand concept, just a lot of great tunes Iíve had on the stick for a few months now and wanted to put together, with a few classics thrown in. The idea was to do more of a classic peak time-ish set, getting down to business quite quickly without a long build up, and from there keeping things flowing using the various tricks of the trade. However, since itís not a live set and I wasnít mixing in to someone elseís last record, I stuck on a nice unfurling intro from the man Solar Fields for some added ear candy. Enjoy Ė praise and derision appreciated as always.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Jun-06-2019 13:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Saw this yesterday on Soundcloud...tracklist looks tasty.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Jun-07-2019 14:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I hate to say it, my friend, but this was not my favourite mix of yours. The first half had just a few too many vocals for me, even though I loved the opening.

I fucking loved the second half, however; it was one of my favourite 60 minutes from you. How pleased are you with that Ghost Note -> The Theme transition? Brilliant, mate.

Old Post Jun-12-2019 18:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah, not bad, not bad. I'm almost as pleased with the mix out. Those old Renaissance-era tunes mix very well with modern stuff. The tempo is just right.

I would never normally play three vocal tracks in a row, but since the two Selador tunes only had little snippets of vocal I didn't think it'd be a problem. How wrong I was!

Old Post Jun-12-2019 21:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deeve
tranceaddict

Looks intriguing, will listen tomorrow mate - looking forward!

Old Post Jun-12-2019 22:43  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeve Click here to Send Deeve a Private Message Visit Deeve's homepage! Add Deeve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm going to have to disagree with Lews. I think the entirety of this set fits this quote nicely, which is on Jack's Soundcloud File Page.

Further sonic inducements towards the oceanic feeling: "The simple and direct fact of the feeling of the eternal." - Romain Rolland, 1927.

Starting with beautiful melancholic solar fields track then onto I guess what you can call it, Aqua Lush Prog. Mixing is tightly on point and the flow is maintained through out with an oceanic feeling. Well done Jack, looking forward to the next one. I'll definitely be downloading this one for the ride and also late night ritualizing.

Another note, I hope you don't mind me grabbing some of these gems for my own sets

Old Post Jun-17-2019 01:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Yeah, not bad, not bad. I'm almost as pleased with the mix out. Those old Renaissance-era tunes mix very well with modern stuff. The tempo is just right.

I would never normally play three vocal tracks in a row, but since the two Selador tunes only had little snippets of vocal I didn't think it'd be a problem. How wrong I was!

So I went ahead and listened to this two more times, and I want to take back my implication that the whole first half was problematic. It's really just 5:30-18:00, or so. And, really, the instrumentals are good, it's just that those male vocals grate on me.

Old Post Jun-19-2019 17:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

Have listened a few times now.

As ever, plenty of weaponry which I immediately crated, along with some that I already own. My favorite new finds here were the following:

02. Yeah But No - New Again (Karmon Remix) [Sinnbus]
14. Betoko - Kordial [Stereo Productions]
15. Brame & Hamo - Sports Complex [Brame & Hamo]
17. Sublime - The Theme (Mix 2)

Regarding the flow, the Solar Fields intro was tasty but I'm just not sure that Spacey deep trance sound quite works with the music you are playing here, even if it is a much more trancey set than you usually play. Same goes for your placement of Dimitri Molosh-Sacra. This is a big tune for me at the moment, but I'm kind of surprised to see it in one of your sets, and I'm not sure you got the most out of it with the placement here. I feel like you are at your best when playing a slightly more trendy sound, like in your 6 hour set, or 'Welcome to the Future'

Having said that, the mixing and energy levels were spot on, and the quality never slipped. It was nice to hear some cool classics at the end, which didn't seem out of place or dated at all. You also played 4 completely different tunes and genres for the last 4 tracks but somehow it still seems to tell

So yeah - not your best mix but still a gold mine! Keep em coming

Last edited by JonDC on Jun-24-2019 at 21:24

Old Post Jun-24-2019 21:19  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Thank you all for saying moderately nice things.

I do think there should probably have been one more tune between Under My Skin and Sacra, but as I was playing I wanted to get on with things and not fuck around for ages building an immaculate upward curve. I dunno why you'd be surprised to hear it in one of my sets though - it's not like I don't cane the living daylights out of Dmitry Molosh.

As for the Solar Fields intro, I regret nothing. It's one of those things that really shouldn't work, but the two tunes blend so well together that the credibility-stretching genre gap simply dissolves. You've got to do some weird shit every now and again to stand out from the crowd, especially when your tunes are getting thieved on an industrial scale.

Old Post Jun-24-2019 22:19  England
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

I dunno why you'd be surprised to hear it in one of my sets though - it's not like I don't cane the living daylights out of Dmitry Molosh.

Yeah no surprise for seeing his name in your tracklist. I guess this track to me is a bit 'Guiseppe Ottaviani without the steroids and candy floss' so I didn't have it down as a Jack Moss type of tune

quote:
especially when your tunes are getting thieved on an industrial scale.

😁

Old Post Jun-25-2019 19:41  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Into The Blue [Progressive]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread