Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Arcade Fantasy [8-bit/chiptune]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

Ziptnf - Arcade Fantasy [8-bit/chiptune]

Last year, while I was in my final semester of Graduate School, I had a moment of inspiration and threw down Game Theory in a few hours without much planning or crafting, and it turned out to be one of my most popular mixes. Chiptunes have a rather small group of followers, and the tracks are spread out all over the internet. I spent a lot of time digging (and almost as much time creating the mix cover!) and came up with a new chiptune mix. The transitions are mixtape-style and the speeds are pretty much different for every track. This set will take you on a journey of the most blissful, exciting, and beautiful 8-bit worlds your imagination can conceive.

Syphus - Minimammal
Disasterpeace - Wagering Lights
Xyce - Petite Amie Rouge
Trash80 - Icarus
Bithead - 8Bit Luv
Random - Sitges Savepoint
Frostbyte - Drifter
Knife City - Bad News
Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula
Bitshifter - The Information Chase
Sabrepulse - Hey Kate
Dylanbrochill - The Search Part 2
Renard - Intensive Care Unit
Kedromelon - Titan 2
I Against Me - Multikill
Sabrepulse - First Crush (feat Knife City)

Enjoy!

Left-click to download:
Ziptnf - Arcade Fantasy (59:30) 136MB ~320kbps

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Jul-04-2012 03:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

I loved game theory, this better be good!

Old Post Jul-04-2012 12:25  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for yonny Click here to Send yonny a Private Message Visit yonny's homepage! Add yonny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

this is very, very silly

I fucking loved it

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Jul-04-2012 12:29  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

Downloading this bad boy.

Old Post Jul-05-2012 03:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

Old Post Jul-05-2012 05:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

bump

this is good shit guys, seriously. go listen.

top selection of chiptune nick, stiges savepoint is my favorite, nicely done mate

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?

Old Post Jul-07-2012 21:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Thanks Anthony. I think this one is better than Game Theory personally

The Bithead-Random-Frostbyte section was one of my favorite parts. And definitely the last track. It's all just so happy lol.

Thanks to all who have listened, I had a lot of fun making it. Gonna put out some more cool mixes before the year is over

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Jul-08-2012 19:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list ziptnf is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

Haha! I'm loving this. Been watching a lot of the Angry Video Game Nerd recently, stoking the retro 8-bit goodness fire within me. This keeps it all going along nicely.

All my sets on Mixcloud

026 Windmill Sessions Redux
(melodic prog/trance)

Spike Witney - Neon Velocity
((Outrun electro, Kavinsky-Nightcall style))

Old Post Jul-10-2012 13:30  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list sunsurge is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

Its awesome ziptnf, there isnt a lot of mixing going on (obviously ur jumping through very different tunes so i understand it) but the mix is awesome.

I just redownloaded game theory im going to compare the two now

Old Post Jul-10-2012 16:48  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for yonny Click here to Send yonny a Private Message Visit yonny's homepage! Add yonny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

I agree this one is slightly better, but there are some really epic moments in game theory aswell, for example when the jay z tune kicks in, or the tune at min 38. This one perhaps lacks something like the jay z tune, but its still a great mix.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 00:41  Spain
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah, it's exceedingly hard to mix chiptunes with this amount of variety. I was actually able to sorta blend Stiges Savepoint in with the Bithead track. I think this one is overall more solid, and I was considering putting in another Jay-Z remix, but I wanted this mix sound different than Game Theory.

Dudes like DJ Cutman have chiptune mixes that are a little more polished than mine (but not quite the character!)

http://soundcloud.com/djcutman/sets/mixes/

Btw, Spike, I gotta tell you, you post some of the oddest gifs in my threads. I feel like I can't even read my own comments because a creepy old man will be smiling at me

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Jul-11-2012 12:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list ziptnf is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

Dunno

I don't know what you mean, I just taped myself smiling and enjoying your mix.

All my sets on Mixcloud

026 Windmill Sessions Redux
(melodic prog/trance)

Spike Witney - Neon Velocity
((Outrun electro, Kavinsky-Nightcall style))

Old Post Jul-11-2012 16:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list sunsurge is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Arcade Fantasy [8-bit/chiptune]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread