Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Chicane - Mojave (Peter K 2011 Remix)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Peter K
Chicane Addicted

Chicane - Mojave (Peter K 2011 Remix)

Hey.

The story behind this track for those who don't know, or might be stumbling across this thread through Google: In January 2000 at a live gig in Germany, Nick played this track (and supposedly at a few other unrecorded gigs circa 2000??). The 1-hour gig was recorded and made its way to the internet (Chicane Live @ Palladium, which is my favourite liveset of all time ). Mojave was mysteriously never subsequently released. How the track came to be known as 'Mojave' is up for speculation too.

In 2004 I created a chilled out kind of remix. Although I am proud of it, it has to be said that it does have a very amateurish feel to it.

This 2011 remix sounds far more polished and professional IMO (BTW, it is not a re-remix of my 2004 version, it has a completely different structure). A couple of elements from the original Palladium Mojave that I really liked, and tried to utilise were:
-The occasional haunting male vocal samples that play throughout the track. I tried to find similar samples, and used them quite often throughout.
-The heavy snare/breakbeat part. Eventually I was able to replicate the pattern, but OMG it took hours to perfect.

YOUTUBE
MP3

Msn: peterstriker@hotmail.com

Last edited by Peter K on Aug-09-2011 at 02:27

Old Post Aug-08-2011 14:20  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter K Click here to Send Peter K a Private Message Add Peter K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BshidoHEAT
don't be that guy!!!

I listened to this back in the day, and I really enjoyed it. When my internet is so bad I'm going to take a listen, and I'm really surprised there's no download link

Colors 2 Mix on mixcloud!

Old Post Aug-08-2011 15:17  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for BshidoHEAT Click here to Send BshidoHEAT a Private Message Visit BshidoHEAT's homepage! Add BshidoHEAT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Peter K
Chicane Addicted

Hey Bshido I actually remember you had my 2004 remix in your signature a long long time ago!

Anyway, added an mp3 link .

Msn: peterstriker@hotmail.com

Old Post Aug-08-2011 17:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter K Click here to Send Peter K a Private Message Add Peter K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

No time right now, but as a fellow Chicane addict to another I'll surely check this out asap.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Storyteller @ Twitter
Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Aug-08-2011 18:23  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Wasp
tranceaddict in training

Absolutely amazing remix and I think this captures a lot more of the true essence of the original (although your previous remix is still a nice chilled alternative). Also, the camtasia walkthrough of FLstudio was pretty sweet too and somewhat intimidating--I doubt I would ever be able to make something that complex.

Old Post Aug-09-2011 05:26  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Wasp Click here to Send Wasp a Private Message Add Wasp to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BshidoHEAT
don't be that guy!!!

The download didn't work so I listened to the track via Youtube. Great work Peter, this is the style of trance that I love the most! Sorry no real critique but this is great work!

Colors 2 Mix on mixcloud!

Old Post Aug-11-2011 22:23  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for BshidoHEAT Click here to Send BshidoHEAT a Private Message Visit BshidoHEAT's homepage! Add BshidoHEAT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
page
tranceaddict in training

Very good. Nice work

Just downloaded from here:
http://myfreemp3.eu/music/chicane+mojave#

Old Post Mar-08-2014 16:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for page Click here to Send page a Private Message Add page to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Chicane - Mojave (Peter K 2011 Remix)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread