Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Lovebirds & Vincenzo - M.U.S.I.C. (stereotypy remix v1) - deep house
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Omega_Blue
Someone Changed My Custom

Lovebirds & Vincenzo - M.U.S.I.C. (stereotypy remix v1) - deep house

Lovebirds & Vincenzo - M.U.S.I.C. (stereotypy remix v4) by Stereotypy

first of all, the embedded version of this track has really shitty sound quality. i encourage everyone to download the original instead by clicking HERE- no need to right click and "save as"

this is a remix/bootleg of lovebirds & vincenzo's "M.U.S.I.C." completed 12-15-09. this is one of my favorite lovebirds/vincenzo tracks- i heard it for the first time during the lovebirds beta lounge 2008 set and had no idea what the title was until months later when it was announced for release on teardrop. i mainly did this because i thought the fred everything remix was lacking. i had no remix parts to work with, so i sampled everything out of the original and fred everything remixes (you can tell in certain spots where the sampling wasn't quite perfect, mainly with the hits during the last half of the track). it was a pain, and i think that the overall quality of the track would be better if i had access to the original samples.

2 things i'm not happy with- the swelling chord during both breaks, and the vocoded vocals in the second break. i blame this on my lack of production know-how/skill/talent/whatever. i'm still kinda at that stage where i know how i want it to sound, but i can't figure out how to get it there, lol.

constructive criticism, opinions, and/or praise is greatly appreciated.

SOUNDCLOUD WEBPAGE (new material and dj mixes semi-regularly updated there)

Last edited by Omega_Blue on May-19-2010 at 17:43

Old Post Dec-16-2009 10:56  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Visit Omega_Blue's homepage! Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

Sound good on my first run. Lovely jezzzy and chilly rhythm, smooth and easy to listen.

I'm going to let it run couple more times and see if I can get you more info on my experience (so far so good man).

Cheers.

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Dec-16-2009 19:51  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

Ohh man, smooth and nice. +1 from me.

Keep this kind of music coming man, another winner for me.

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Dec-16-2009 19:57  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kadomony
FRENCH EXPRESS

cool take on the original. also one of my fav Lovebirds tracks.

here's my ideas.
that swelling chord that filters completely out @ 2:32, have it filter back in to full again with the other rezzy chord supporting it. for the 2nd break too, perhaps.

2:40 is a little sharp on the re-entry of the beat. i think its the high freqs of the crash sweep and the kick boosting each other.

also, after that point at 2:40 before the bongos come in, its a little boring with just the same bass pattern repeating. wondering how it might sound changed up on the 4th measure or maybe add a small amount of delay to the bass to fill in a little bit of rhythm during the rests between the patterns

Old Post Dec-17-2009 07:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kadomony Click here to Send kadomony a Private Message Visit kadomony's homepage! Add kadomony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

quote:
Originally posted by kadomony
cool take on the original. also one of my fav Lovebirds tracks.

here's my ideas.
that swelling chord that filters completely out @ 2:32, have it filter back in to full again with the other rezzy chord supporting it. for the 2nd break too, perhaps.

2:40 is a little sharp on the re-entry of the beat. i think its the high freqs of the crash sweep and the kick boosting each other.

also, after that point at 2:40 before the bongos come in, its a little boring with just the same bass pattern repeating. wondering how it might sound changed up on the 4th measure or maybe add a small amount of delay to the bass to fill in a little bit of rhythm during the rests between the patterns

thanks sam. i actually got a pm from basti via soundcloud about an hour ago.. i guess he liked this track and the knee deep one i did i'm serious.

anyways, the swelling chord- i can't help the filter on that. the synth has an automated filter and i don't know how to automate it differently. i personally don't even like how the chord sounds, i might replace it with something else. it's the main element that sucks the most in the track, imo- all due to lack of experience and expertise at production.

2:40 was meant to be a "big" kick-in back to the main groove. that's the part where people are supposed to go "WHOO!" and bob their heads/breakdance/do the sprinkler/etc. i suppose i could fuck with the hi eq's a bit if it sounds too "sharp" on the ears..

the "boringness" after the first break was done on purpose as well. i wanted near-silence between phrases. that's why i programmed that hats how i did, so very little played during the 4th beat of each measure, therefore accentuating the first beat of every measure, again trying to go for the "WHOO!!" effect. i think during home listening it doesn't do much, but played out in the right setting i think it'll get people's asses shakin'. i was actually thinking about lowering the volume between the 4th and 1st measures of each phrase post-production to *really* accentuate the 1st beat. i suppose we'll have to differ in personal preference there.

sam i could use some pointers in automation if you have any experience with the filters built in to FL. i really, really appreciate the advice, bro.

Old Post Dec-17-2009 09:22  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Visit Omega_Blue's homepage! Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lascodi
Supreme tranceaddict

this is way above an average track. I think it deserves to knock on the beatport. i don't see why the two things you are not happy with are so bad. thanks for sharing.

Old Post Dec-17-2009 10:16  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lascodi Click here to Send Lascodi a Private Message Add Lascodi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

quote:
Originally posted by Lascodi
this is way above an average track. I think it deserves to knock on the beatport. i don't see why the two things you are not happy with are so bad. thanks for sharing.

hey, thanks man, i appreciate the kind words. i actually just got the original remix parts from basti this morning, so i'm gonna fuck around with that once i wake up. still haven't slept yet, lol.

Old Post Dec-17-2009 19:42  South Korea
TranceLover007
DariusX

Are you shooting for our TA album with this piece of art?

Cheers

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Dec-17-2009 19:58  Poland
parafrNalia
Supreme tranceaddict

Personally, I find it boring... but it's not my type of music.

That being said, it sounds very well produced to me... nice detailed sounds in a minimal arrangement, and good attention to detail.

Good job.

"So when I'm not high on cocaine, I will sit in front of this computer 'till the cows come home and continue ranting and raving about artists who are actually living out their dream... Because I never will."

www.Soundcloud.com/NotRealNick

Old Post Dec-17-2009 20:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for parafrNalia Click here to Send parafrNalia a Private Message Add parafrNalia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

@trancelover- nah. this one is just gonna remain a personal project. once i finish it with the original parts i *may* release it publicly, but it's probably just gonna get sent around to a few people and that's it. tbh i'm actually thinking about trying my hand at producing trance under the reso_nate alias.. i've never tried writing trance before, and it'll be an interesting change of pace i think. gotta finish those two tracks first though.

@parafrNalia- hey, i appreciate the honesty; the style of music i create isn't for everyone, especially if the stripped-back, pitched-down house thing isn't your style. i appreciate the thoughts and opinions regardless.

anyone else have any comments? /shameless

Old Post Dec-19-2009 11:14  South Korea
MSZ
deepressive

hey dude taking a listen.

finished, cant really fault this man. this is a sick deep remix, a little progressive even. worth keeping on the hard drive. Personally i think this is very well made. I can see this being spun for sure. I haven't heard the original, but will take a look at it now. hope you can return the favor. cheers.

edit* just took a listen to the original, its such a sick track. i can see why you chose this.

Old Post Dec-19-2009 12:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MindShifter
| dig deeper |

digging it man - love that it's a bit toned down from the original - i'm myself in quite a bit of a loungey/groovy housey mood of late (past 3 mo's or so) and of course i've been hammering that betalounge set for almost 2 years now lol.

"Im a dance floor favorite? Great! I would say the passion that I feel for the music I buy and the honesty with how I play it. I play the records I love not the ones that simply work. Ive never taken the easy music option (which would make me a lot more money by the way) but chosen to push people a little. I try to draw people in a new direction slightly and expand their taste a little more than other DJs." - Lee Burridge

Old Post Dec-21-2009 23:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for MindShifter Click here to Send MindShifter a Private Message Visit MindShifter's homepage! Add MindShifter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Lovebirds & Vincenzo - M.U.S.I.C. (stereotypy remix v1) - deep house
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread