Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Obesity Tax?
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

quote:
Originally posted by boris_the_bear
no one dares to publicly condemn obese people because it will hurt their feelings with all the legal aftermath.

And that's exactly why there's so many fatties in the world.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
And that's exactly why there's so many fatties in the world.

the same can be said about ******s too. If they would just let us make fun of everyone we wanted to. I would start off with white trash women.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

I'm sorry but that's not the same thing at all.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
I'm sorry but that's not the same thing at all.

why not...people choose to be white trash just like people choose to be obese.

Why not have a white trash tax on all items that white trash people would buy....or even have a black tax on fried chicken and watermelon.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Are you sure you're not just being oversensitive because you're fat?

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:35 
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
Are you sure you're not just being oversensitive because you're fat?

because the idea to call it an obesity tax when in reality its a tax on high calorie items (soft drinks) is absolutely insensitive.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:39  Canada
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

And why should we be sensitive to obese people? I think you're missing my point. Being sensitive just enables their fatness.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:40 
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
And why should we be sensitive to obese people? I think you're missing my point. Being sensitive just enables their fatness.

That is absolute bullshit.....if anything.....being insensitive only makes the problem worse.

I understand you don't like fat people and that is fine. I just hope nothing ever happens that will cause you to be a fat cow some day.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:44  Canada
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Lol.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:49 
boris_the_bear
Supreme tranceaddict

you must be really fat... like reeeeaaaally fat

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:51  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for boris_the_bear Click here to Send boris_the_bear a Private Message Add boris_the_bear to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

-An "iPod tax" that charges state and local sales tax for "digitally delivered entertainment services" - in other words, that new Beyonce song you download.

State sales tax at movie theaters, sporting events, taxis, buses, limousines and cable and satellite TV and radio.

Costlier driving with the repeal of the 8-cents-per-gallon sales tax cap on motor and diesel motor fuel, plus and increase in the auto rental tax.

Tuition increases as SUNY and CUNY, $620 and $600 a year respectively.

A 50 cent tax on cigars. The current tax is equal to 37% of the wholesale price, or 34 cents a cigar.

No more sales tax break on clothes and shoes worth $110 or less, except during two weeks a year.

Higher taxes on wine, beer and flavored malt beverages. He would also impose an 18% tax on non-nutritional drinks like soda.

Mother fuker wants my broke ass to spend more money on school, shopping and now beer?? *crying uncontrollably*

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jerZ07002
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
That is absolute bullshit.....if anything.....being insensitive only makes the problem worse.

I understand you don't like fat people and that is fine. I just hope nothing ever happens that will cause you to be a fat cow some day.

coddling people with PC bullshit does nothing to solve the problem. fat people impose costs on society. they end up in the hospital more frequently for high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc... the cost to treat their self-imposed 'illnesses' are spread among society through higher insurance premiums for everyone. why should i have to pay $1000 a year for health insurance because 50% of the people make poor health choices. Maybe if there was a separate health insurance asset pool just for heavy people i wouldn't really care about how many fries they shove in their face. but since my insurance costs are greater because of obesity, I think the factors that go into causing it should be made more expensive. Since they clearly can't make the right choices, and their poor choices burden society, they should have to pay more to make those choices.

white trash does not impose a burden on society because they are trashy. it's not even close to the same thing.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jerZ07002 Click here to Send jerZ07002 a Private Message Add jerZ07002 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:58 
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
Originally posted by jerZ07002
coddling people with PC bullshit does nothing to solve the problem. fat people impose costs on society. they end up in the hospital more frequently for high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc... the cost to treat their self-imposed 'illnesses' are spread among society through higher insurance premiums for everyone. why should i have to pay $1000 a year for health insurance because 25% of the countries likes to eat unhealthily. Maybe if there was a separate health insurance asset pool just for heavy people i wouldn't really care about how many fries they shove in their face. but since my insurance costs are greater because of obesity, I think the factors that go into causing it should be made more expensive. Since they clearly can't make the right choices, and their poor choices burden society, they should have to pay more to make those choices.

white trash does not impose a burden on society because they are trashy. it's not even close to the same thing.

well....its obvious you don't know how health insurance premiums are calculated.....the amount you pay has nothing to do with how fat other people are....unless you fit into that fat category. Each person's premium is calculated on several factors and those who are over weight are already being charged for being over weight.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:58  Canada
Renzo
where am i

"Raising the price of this liquid candy will put children and teens on a path to a healthier diet," said Elie Ward of the American Academy of Pediatrics of New York State.

I like how the governor and his staff are trying to make it seem like they care about the children. Fuck you. All you care about is covering the state's deficit and not looking shitty. The children my asshole.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 17:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jerZ07002
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
well....its obvious you don't know how health insurance premiums are calculated.....the amount you pay has nothing to do with how fat other people are....unless you fit into that fat category. Each person's premium is calculated on several factors and those who are over weight are already being charged for being over weight.

obviously you don't know how it works. your premium is calculated based on the risk you pose and the overall cost incurred by the company. insurance is a risk spreading mechanism whereby all risk is pooled and the company attempts to spread it based on your actuarial risk. in insurance, there are winners and losers. fat people take way more from insurance than they pay. that means people, like myself, who don't see doctors pay more in insurance premiums than we cost to the insurance companies. the people who don't see doctors frequently indirectly pay for the treatment of fatties. If fat people paid as much as they cost to insurance companies they simply wouldn't buy insurance. the entire reason they have insurance is so they don't have to pay all their costs. since they see doctors more frequently, the likelihood they cost more than their premiums is pretty good. don't come at me with your elementary understanding of insurance.

Last edited by jerZ07002 on Dec-16-2008 at 18:09

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jerZ07002 Click here to Send jerZ07002 a Private Message Add jerZ07002 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
obviously you don't know how it works. your premium is calculated based on the risk you pose and the overall cost incurred by the company. insurance is a risk spreading mechanism whereby all risk is pooled and the company attempts to spread it based on your actuarial risk. in insurance, there are winners and losers. fat people take way more from insurance than they pay. that means people, like myself, who don't see doctors pay more in insurance premiums than we cost to the insurance companies. the people who don't see doctors frequently indirectly pay for the treatment of fatties. If fat people paid as much as they cost to insurance companies they simply wouldn't buy insurance. the entire reason they have insurance is so they don't have to pay all their costs. since they see doctors more frequently, the likelihood they cost more than their premiums is pretty good. don't come at me with your elementary understanding of insurance.

Well....I guess my Charter Insurance Professional diploma along with being in the insurance industry for 13 years has no merrit.

You are right....you premium is based on the probability you will suffer an insured loss. The probability that some fat person will suffer a loss doesn't affect your premium in any way. Insurance is not based on what you take from the system....its based on the probability that you will take from the system. That is the basis of all insurance...whether its auto, health, property or liability insurance.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:20  Canada
XaNaX
I <3 global warming

quote:

this may be true for individual coverage but a large number of Americans are covered by group health policies provided by their employer. I pay the same amount out of each paycheck for insurance as the fat tub of shit in the office next to mine even though that fat bitch is eating herself to death one meal at a time. On top of that the cvnt smokes too. I've heard the bitch on the phone with her doctors and pharmacies about her blood pressure meds, her diabetes, etc all conditions she has because she chooses to weigh twice what she should. How does the insurance company pay for the extra medical care she needs? By jacking up the price for everyone in the group.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for XaNaX Add XaNaX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Diabetes alone costs the Canadian health care system 13.2 billion dollars a year, and a person with diabetes incurs medical costs that are 2 to 3 times higher than those without. Thanks, you fat pieces of shit.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:26 
iclone
no footage found

big brother can embed a microchip in the fatties and penalize appropriately for food purchases/consumption.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for iclone Click here to Send iclone a Private Message Add iclone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

I think "Fat Island" is a good idea.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:27 
iclone
no footage found

it'd sink?

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for iclone Click here to Send iclone a Private Message Add iclone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Exactly.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:28 
iclone
no footage found

they'd float their way back to civilization to eat us [and maybe consume a few of their own along the way].

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:29 
jerZ07002
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Well....I guess my Charter Insurance Professional diploma along with being in the insurance industry for 13 years has no merrit.

You are right....you premium is based on the probability you will suffer an insured loss. The probability that some fat person will suffer a loss doesn't affect your premium in any way. Insurance is not based on what you take from the system....its based on the probability that you will take from the system. That is the basis of all insurance...whether its auto, health, property or liability insurance.

apparently it means nothing because you're missing the point that the insurance company has to assess the cost of all their insured customers. to the extent the insurance company has a larger pool of claims, everyone's insurance premium increases. selling insurance doesn't exactly give you much credibility in explaining how actuarials determine the premiums.

Clearly fat people impose more costs on the insurance company. If fat people paid premiums that fully compensated insurance companies for the cost imposed on the company by the fat person, then it would make no sense for the fat person to get insurance.

I know it's based on potential. but in the case of fat people, the actual cost is usually greater than the potential determined for the premium pricing. that increase is offset by people who don't impose as great a cost on the insurance company. if you don't understand that you should probably just quit your job

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:30  United States
XaNaX
I <3 global warming

quote:
Originally posted by iclone
they'd float their way back to civilization and eat us [and maybe some of their own along the way].

put no food on the island, they would eat each other

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for XaNaX Add XaNaX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

people are going get poorer while they get fatter

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for nefardec Click here to Send nefardec a Private Message Add nefardec to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

quote:
Originally posted by XaNaX

Or stink themselves to death.

iclone
no footage found

quote:
Clearly fat people impose more costs on the insurance company. If fat people paid premiums that fully compensated insurance companies for the cost imposed on the company by the fat person, then it would make no sense for the fat person to get insurance.

ben stiller would not insure a fat person.

Gen3r4l1ty
Supreme Fatty

This is just a baby step... what we really need is an UNHEALTHY tax... since even slim unhealthy people can put the same draw on health insurance as fatties.

So that means...

Sales tax hike on cigarettes, alcohol, fast food, soft drinks, red meat, white meat, meat, white bread, pasta, candy, butter, and pretty much anything besides fresh vegetables and beans. Since anything with ANY amount of empty calories or fat can lead to obesity.

Oh, and a 20% premium increase on anyone who can't run 5 consecutive miles, do 50 consecutive pushups, 20 consecutive pullups, and 300 consecutive situps. Cause even if you're thin and can't do a moderate workout, you're a sickly prick thats gonna end up hiking up my health insurance premium.

Lets not forget lethargy-inducing hobbies. 20% tax hike on your cable and internet bill, along with a 15% increase in sales tax on all Tv's, movies, and video games.

But isn't all this taxing silly? I mean, if we REALLY want to control this epidemic, we need to just make all these offending activities and consumables illegal. That way, the sheep of the world won't even be tempted by these high risk behaviors, and we can rest assured knowing that the all-powerful gubment will keep us safe, secure, and warm.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Gen3r4l1ty Click here to Send Gen3r4l1ty a Private Message Add Gen3r4l1ty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
I think "Fat Island" is a good idea.

Now that I've had time to ponder the repercussions, I've considered that it might just throw the Earth off orbit and send us careening towards the sun! They'd just eat one another faster as the smell of increasingly heating flesh, baking in impending radiation, lubed up their palates, resulting in the crowning of our dominant fatty that much faster! Our only hope would be that this fat king fall off the side of the planet and simply become another member of our solar system before it's too late!

Wow, what a ridiculous post made all the more complete with lots of exclamation marks!

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iclone
no footage found

quote:
Originally posted by XaNaX

it'd have to be a buffet line of fallen fatties after the maggots begin deconstruction. fat people are lazy, michael.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:35 
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

quote:
apparently it means nothing because you're missing the point that the insurance company has to assess the cost of all their insured customers. to the extent the insurance company has a larger pool of claims, everyone's insurance premium increases. selling insurance doesn't exactly give you much credibility in explaining how actuarials determine the premiums.

I know it's based on potential. but in the case of fat people, the actual cost is usually greater than the potential determined for the premium pricing. that increase is offset by people who don't impose as great a cost on the insurance company. if you don't understand that you should probably just quit your job because then you suck at it!

what you are not understanding is that even if you took the "fat cost" out of the equation...you would still be paying the same amount of insurance....unless you were paying the "fat cost" before.
I am assuming you are talking about personal insurance and not a company plan.

by the way...I don't sell insurance....I would definately suck at selling insurance.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:36  Canada
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Well I was going to say "Fat Planet", but I thought that would be too far fetched. Oh wait.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:36 
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Well I was going to say "Fat Planet", but I thought that would be too far fetched. Oh wait.

Yeah, let's try to tone down the fantasy a little, please. This is a serious discussion on how to control behaviour on a massive level through excessive taxing, now cut the comedy.

>:|

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The17sss
C.R.E.A.M.

quote:
that might be the dumbest essay/article (whatever it is) written about the issue. People won't stop drinking all liquids because vending machines don't stock soda. that's just stupid. a more realistic result is that people will still buy soda because the difference is only about ten cents. a 20oz bottle of soda in midtown is already $1.75 in many stores. If an increase to 15% (which would bring the price up to $1.85) is too much for a drink then $1.75 is likely too much for that same person. although from the article i'm not sure if the tax will be 15% or 15% + the normal sales tax of 8.75% (23.75%). The article suggests a 23% tax, but that doesn't sound right.

the ability of some people to critically analyze the true consequences of these measures is unbelievable.

I think you took that "thirsy" line a bit too literal... I believe the author was illustrating that they'd be thirsty for what they used to enjoy before this stupid nanny state tax got placed on it.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The17sss Click here to Send The17sss a Private Message Add The17sss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

quote:
Originally posted by iclone
ben stiller would not insure a fat person.
lol

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:48  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jerZ07002
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
what you are not understanding is that even if you took the "fat cost" out of the equation...you would still be paying the same amount of insurance....unless you were paying the "fat cost" before.
I am assuming you are talking about personal insurance and not a company plan.

it doesn't matter, although in a company plan it is more apparent because everyone pays the same price. the real difference between a company plan and individual insurance is that in a company plan there is a defined pool of potential claims and the company incurs an associated costs. with personal insurance, there just isn't a sponsor, and the insurance company bears more risk associated with the potential claims.

with respect to personal insurance, while it's true that the insurance company has to impose higher premiums on the fat people, it is unlikely that the insurance company will recover their costs in the premiums. Why would a fat person with huge medical bills for diabetes medication, blood pressure medication, doctors bills, etc... get insurance coverage that was as costly as their medical costs? that would totally eliminate the purpose of getting insurance. for normal people, we get insurance to cover unforseen medical costs. to the extent we don't cost the insurance company because we didn't see a doctor, or get medication, our premiums go towards the profits of the company and covering the expenses of those customers that cost more than they paid. since fat people usually just get fatter, the insurance company doesn't always assess the risk of future costs, and they under charge their premiums.

Last edited by jerZ07002 on Dec-16-2008 at 18:56

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:50  United States
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Yeah, let's try to tone down the fantasy a little, please. This is a serious discussion on how to control behaviour on a massive level through excessive taxing, now cut the comedy.

>:|

I'm just happy we're all here together, hating on fat people.

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:53 
Zild
Ten City

I think you should take that up with the insurance companies. Tell them you won't buy their service anymore because you are getting screwed by their business model.

Latest Mix

Old Post Dec-16-2008 18:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zild Click here to Send Zild a Private Message Add Zild to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Obesity Tax?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread