Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Thomas Penton or Vengeance
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

So funny how little people know this . I thought everybody knew.

Either way, sampling is common practice in dance music anyway.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Nov-16-2008 19:54  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
So funny how little people know this . I thought everybody knew.

Either way, sampling is common practice in dance music anyway.

In Rap and hip hop music also! If you want a cd sample pack make your own! For me i want to get a Roland TR-909 and Roland TR-808 and Roland TR-606 and make my own cd sample pack!
Also check This out FRANKH!
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...7&forumid=48&s=
Drums
The Perfect Kick
Airwave's Kick Tutorial [on trance.nu]
Tweak: Making Drum Tracks
Whippin' Post: Mixing Drums
SampleCraze: The Art of Drum Layering
Mr. Mystery's Percussion Tips
Sampling Kicks
Various Kick Tutorials & Techniques (read the replies!)
Booster's Ableton Bass/Kick Tutorial
Making kicks from scratch (Adobe Audition used in example)
Basic Drum Programming in NI Battery: Part 1 (By SoundMagus)
Basic Drum Programming in NI Battery: Part 2 (By SoundMagus)

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Last edited by atxbigballer1 on Nov-16-2008 at 20:31

Old Post Nov-16-2008 20:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dannib
Supreme tranceaddict

yes sampling is common practice. It is however highly illegal to rip peoples songs and distribute them as a ROYALTY FREE sample library. I am sure if the distributers knew what was happening they wouldn't have anything to do with vengeance. Why would they (the big distributers) put there own business on the line?

As i said before. People should know this before buying. Vengeance should tell the user that the samples are ripped. They are cheating their customers saying that the material is all royalty free.

How can they justify selling someone elses hard work for a large sum of money? It will be tomorrow morning when i will upload some files by the way.

Old Post Nov-16-2008 20:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for dannib Click here to Send dannib a Private Message Add dannib to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dannib
Supreme tranceaddict

yes sampling is common practice. It is however highly illegal to rip peoples songs and distribute them as a ROYALTY FREE sample library. I am sure if the distributers knew what was happening they wouldn't have anything to do with vengeance. Why would they (the big distributers) put there own business on the line?

As i said before. People should know this before buying. Vengeance should tell the user that the samples are ripped. They are cheating their customers saying that the material is all royalty free.

How can they justify selling someone elses hard work for a large sum of money? It will be tomorrow morning when i will upload some files by the way.

Old Post Nov-16-2008 20:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for dannib Click here to Send dannib a Private Message Add dannib to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dannib
Vengeance should tell the user that the samples are ripped. They are cheating their customers saying that the material is all royalty free.

Yeah, nail your own coffin. Only few people are stupid enough to do that .

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
-Frasier

Old Post Nov-17-2008 08:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dannib
They are cheating their customers saying that the material is all royalty free.
Their samples has been used in thousands of songs, i dont see anyone making a fuzz about it. If you like the samples, use them.

Ive watched several video tutorials of professional producers, and they`ve all said, if you like something you hear, take it!

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Nov-17-2008 09:53  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dannib
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
if you like something you hear, take it

I have no problem with sampling. Sampling the kick drum from a track can be just the ticket and can make your track "work". If a sample from a track works already, whats the point in spending hours trying to replicate it?

The thing im trying to say about vengeance is that they are blatently lying to their customers saying that their libraries are royalty free. There is a difference between sampling a kick drum from a track and re-using it within your own track and ripping many full loops from a variety of tracks and selling the results making potentialy hundreds of thousands of $.

Old Post Nov-17-2008 10:34  United Kingdom
derail
Supreme tranceaddict

Have you identified some of the ripped loops yet?

Old Post Nov-17-2008 10:59  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for derail Click here to Send derail a Private Message Add derail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

They ARE royalty free.

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Nov-17-2008 11:09  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dannib
Supreme tranceaddict

I didn't have much time this morning but i managed to very quickly find 7 full rips by just going through VEH1 for about 10 mins. I found many many more while browsing through but these tracks i am about to post were the only ones i had at hand on my personal computer. The files can be downloaded below:

Info:

VEH release date: 4th November 2005.

Rip 1 = Bodyrockers I like the way (junior jack remix) 28 Feb 2005. Compared to VEH1 house Loop 040.

Rip 2 = Eric Prydz - Woz Not Woz released 2004. Compared to VEH1 House Loop 097.

Rip 3 = Hardsoul - Back Together, released 2003. Compared to VEH1 House Loop 032.

Rip 4 = Mambana - Libre (axwell mix), released 2003. Compared to VEH1 House Loop 035.

Rip 5 = Freaks - The Creeps (steve bug remix), released 2003. Compared to VEH1 House Loop 069.

Rip 6 = Stonebridge - Put em high. Released 2003. Compared to VEH1 House Loop 154.

Rip 7 = Ueberschall House Musique Sample library Syn127shot_phever. Released 2002/2003. Compared to VEH1 FX 29.

Link to downloads:

vengeance rips

Hopefully this will shed some light on the fact. If you want i can pick out many many many more for all the vengeace cds i own. There are so many that it is stupid.

There are also more rips from old ueberschall cds like the one above. Blatent rips and very dishonest.

vengeance rips

Old Post Nov-17-2008 12:12  United Kingdom
dannib
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
They ARE royalty free

lol. NO. See above for proof.

Old Post Nov-17-2008 12:16  United Kingdom
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
They ARE royalty free.

In a sense yes, and no. No the samples are not royalty free, they are protected by law because they are intellectual property of somebody else. The fact that Vengeance publishes the samples as royalty free does not does not change that as Vengeance doesn't own any rights on the taken/sampled material. And yes, in fact they are royalty free, because nobody would try suing as it is a tough case, unless all producers would join forces and decided to do a mass appeal on Vengeance it's highly improbable you would stand a chance.

Great post Dannib. I couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

quote:
-Frasier

Last edited by Storyteller on Nov-17-2008 at 12:42

Old Post Nov-17-2008 12:24  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Thomas Penton or Vengeance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLuke Fair ID [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNostrum - Trance On Ecstacy [2010]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread