Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > March 2006 mix - Monolith - DJ Metatron [progressive trance]
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JasonThomas
mixedsessions.com

March 2006 mix - Monolith - DJ Metatron [progressive trance]

March 2006 Mix

Hello again. Fresh new set uploaded and ready for consumption. This one is more epic and energetic than the norm. I am really, really happy with it. I think it's probably my best as far as melodic progression and structure go. Some awesome tunes as always. My favorite off the bat is Funabashi's mix of Fusion for 2006. Excellent tune to kick it into high gear and the tune went superbly following Ankor What by Peter McCowan which is also a stormer. Gabriel Batz remix of What, Wrong Turn, Spaced, Hindenberg, X-Factore; every track really is great; providing it's own contribution. Also the special inclusion of the Odyssey One mix of Open Your Eyes is sort of my own "classic of the month". Just really love that tune and thought it would be wicked if I could work it in. Anyway enjoy the mix and thanks for listening.

75:45 * 224 KBPS * ~131-138BPM

CUE

1. Peter McCowan - Angkor What (Original Mix)
2. Hiver & Hammer - Fusion 2006 (Funabashi Mix)
3. Ethereal - Inamorata (Kenneth Thomas Massive Remix)
4. Attention Deficit - What (Gabriel Batz Remix)
5. Chris Lake & Rhythm Code pres. LAB Music - Wrong Turn (Alican & Soner Remix)
6. Leon Bolier - My Precious (Özgür Can Remix)
7. Double V - Setting Sun (Original Mix)
8. Stoneboy - Bewitched To See The Sun (Summer Rain Mix)
9. Alan-M - Spaced (Original Mix)
10. Invertika - Hindenberg (Original Mix)
11. Insigma - Open Your Eyes (Odyssey One Remix)
12. Absolute - X-Factore (Original Mix)

As always, I hope you enjoy and feed back is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason aka DJ Metatron

Last edited by JasonThomas on Mar-12-2006 at 01:18

Old Post Mar-10-2006 11:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for JasonThomas Click here to Send JasonThomas a Private Message Visit JasonThomas's homepage! Add JasonThomas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

Constant fan of your mixes. I'll be checking this one out. Haven't listened to any of the tracks in your mix so it should be interesting to hear new tunes.

Thanks for the mix. And props on the logo, looks nice.

Old Post Mar-10-2006 12:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MoN-SooN
mixedsessions.com

a lot of unknown tunes for me.
but i trust you and your taste downloading...

Old Post Mar-10-2006 22:28  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MoN-SooN Click here to Send MoN-SooN a Private Message Visit MoN-SooN's homepage! Add MoN-SooN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sumdumschizo
tranceaddict

your previous mixes have all been great
so going to assume this one will be too

but, where did you get that pic, it would be awesome
if it is in a large size for desktop viewing !!

www.infowars.com

Old Post Mar-11-2006 00:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sumdumschizo Click here to Send sumdumschizo a Private Message Visit sumdumschizo's homepage! Add sumdumschizo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JasonThomas
mixedsessions.com

quote:
Originally posted by sensorium
Constant fan of your mixes. I'll be checking this one out. Haven't listened to any of the tracks in your mix so it should be interesting to hear new tunes.

Thanks for the mix. And props on the logo, looks nice.

cheers mate, let me know.

haven't heard Open Your Eyes? yes you have!

thanks for checking it out everyone. let me know what you think!

Old Post Mar-11-2006 01:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for JasonThomas Click here to Send JasonThomas a Private Message Visit JasonThomas's homepage! Add JasonThomas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JohnPaullino
Techno Ninja

Oh Sweet a new mix, just the medicine i need.. Downloading now..

Old Post Mar-11-2006 06:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnPaullino Click here to Send JohnPaullino a Private Message Visit JohnPaullino's homepage! Add JohnPaullino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MoN-SooN
mixedsessions.com

ok, I must say my expectations were really high and after having two listens I'm not disappointed.

The first track brilliantly goes into Fusion, simply unnoticable. Both are great tracks. But lemme tell you how was it at my first spontaneous listen: I was awestruck during first two songs, then I think I lost my attention at around 20 mins. I guess the style changed a little with Gabriel Batz remix... maybe the bassline went flat. Probably not my favourite song Then it was OK until 44 minute came and brought a new trance breath... omg great build-up in that song. What is the exact name of this type of trance? euphoric? Anyway, it got my attention back again. The next track (Spaced I guess) has the same bass line as blank and jones single - after love. Dunno if you noticed this. It took me few minutes to recall this oldie. I'm gonna check if they are the same key and maybe some sexy mash-up will come. I also loved the last track very much.
Overall it was a solid, perfectly mixed set. I didn't find any track unique enough to stand out from the line and that is good for this mix. One more top class production from you. Thanks.

PS. you forgot to add the url to the cue file in the first post.
PS2. i love the idea of mouseover swaping covers on your site

Old Post Mar-12-2006 00:22  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MoN-SooN Click here to Send MoN-SooN a Private Message Visit MoN-SooN's homepage! Add MoN-SooN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JasonThomas
mixedsessions.com

quote:
Originally posted by MoN-SooN
ok, I must say my expectations were really high and after having two listens I'm not disappointed.

The first track brilliantly goes into Fusion, simply unnoticable. Both are great tracks. But lemme tell you how was it at my first spontaneous listen: I was awestruck during first two songs, then I think I lost my attention at around 20 mins. I guess the style changed a little with Gabriel Batz remix... maybe the bassline went flat. Probably not my favourite song Then it was OK until 44 minute came and brought a new trance breath... omg great build-up in that song. What is the exact name of this type of trance? euphoric? Anyway, it got my attention back again. The next track (Spaced I guess) has the same bass line as blank and jones single - after love. Dunno if you noticed this. It took me few minutes to recall this oldie. I'm gonna check if they are the same key and maybe some sexy mash-up will come. I also loved the last track very much.
Overall it was a solid, perfectly mixed set. I didn't find any track unique enough to stand out from the line and that is good for this mix. One more top class production from you. Thanks.

PS. you forgot to add the url to the cue file in the first post.
PS2. i love the idea of mouseover swaping covers on your site

Thanks Mon-Soon, for the great in-depth comment. Yeah those first two tracks are a brilliant combination, heh not to take credit though. Funabashi's mix is my top track right now, and he's prob close to my fav producer at the moment. His sound is pretty consistent but it is excellent; with Daylight and his collaboration's with Hammer. For the next bit my objective was to mellow the mood, resolve the peak that came from Fusion, then bring the energy back up with the more organic tracks. These tracks don't appeal too much on the melodic side they have more bass and beat qualities, so they don't appeal to everyone. But I love them, I like to incorporate these types of tracks in as well as the more melodic trance to acheive diversity and a more satisfied overall feeling. Anyway, didn't recognize the similarity to the B&J tune; not sure if I've even heard it, but I will look it up. And on how none of the tracks stand out among the rest, I realized that too, of course I do have a couple really 'peak-time' tracks, like Open Your Eyes and Spaced. I think this may be a case of blending the tracks too much, or using too similar tracks. I don't know anything about keys, but I wouldn't be suprised if every track was in a similar key. So, anyway thanks for the great feedback. Gave me some things to think about.

BTW, your set is pulling some major bandwidth. Good work. Can't wait til your next. Cheers.

Old Post Mar-12-2006 01:35 
JohnPaullino
Techno Ninja

Slammin Mix Mate

Mixing Skills 10/Flawless
Transitions 10
EQ Skills 10
Originality 9.6
Story Telling 9.4
Levels 10
Overall Set 9.8

I agree with monsoon on the first 20 Mins. The 3rd transition needed more input, after that, the set was unbelievable. I couldn't believe that some of these tracks were that good until I heard them in your set. After listening i went and bought me that funabashi remix, setting sun, and that stoneboy track. Btw, your mixing and transitions are still flawless, good work here. Looking forward to another mix Metatron.

Cheers,
John

Old Post Mar-13-2006 22:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnPaullino Click here to Send JohnPaullino a Private Message Visit JohnPaullino's homepage! Add JohnPaullino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
coded audio
chill connoisseur

Nice pic.

Downloading now.

Old Post Mar-14-2006 21:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for coded audio Click here to Send coded audio a Private Message Add coded audio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
scotlt
tranceaddict in training

sweet as. listened too it twice. Helping me with my uni essay haha

Old Post Mar-14-2006 21:55  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for scotlt Click here to Send scotlt a Private Message Add scotlt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

Fire!

Well done Metatron... really diggin' your set right now!

Old Post Mar-14-2006 22:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > March 2006 mix - Monolith - DJ Metatron [progressive trance]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread