Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > ableton live
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Toufas
Supreme tranceaddict

ableton live

anyone who has experience with this program? i know that g&d and sasha are using it...how can you beatmatch and stuff?

Old Post Jan-09-2005 23:40  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Toufas Click here to Send Toufas a Private Message Add Toufas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BSiDE
tranceaddict in training

I tried it, but couldn't do anything good with it Maybe there's any good manual of using it?

Old Post Jan-10-2005 02:24  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for BSiDE Click here to Send BSiDE a Private Message Add BSiDE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zild
Ten City

You can control the tempo of the beat you are playing. You don't have to beatmatch. Ableton has good built in tutorials.

Latest Mix

Old Post Jan-10-2005 02:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zild Click here to Send Zild a Private Message Add Zild to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Toufas
Supreme tranceaddict

well i am using serato scratch live atm...should i go for ableton? i need to go more mobile so the turntables can stay home :P

Old Post Jan-10-2005 03:34  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Toufas Click here to Send Toufas a Private Message Add Toufas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vero
Still Lurking Around...

ableton is an audio sequencer. it is used more in producing than in DJing. when G&D and Sasha use it, they are not actually "beatmixing" then are sequencing .wav files together. ableton is not like the DJing softwares (serato and FS). it is more like doing a live studio mix. junkie XL has been doing this for a while, but i dont know exactly what software he uses.

Old Post Jan-10-2005 04:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vero Click here to Send Vero a Private Message Add Vero to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Toufas
Supreme tranceaddict

well, is it worth investing time and money to learn it? i think i am gonna drop g&d an email and ask them heaps of questions :/

Old Post Jan-10-2005 04:34  Greece
Vero
Still Lurking Around...

quote:
Originally posted by Toufas
well, is it worth investing time and money to learn it? i think i am gonna drop g&d an email and ask them heaps of questions :/

its a great program, but its not gonna take the place of my 1200s

Old Post Jan-10-2005 04:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vero Click here to Send Vero a Private Message Add Vero to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
onceler
Puttin' out the vibe

what are you trying to do with it?

If you are trying to spin with it, then no, it is not what you want. If you are trying to produce, or a mixture of the 2, or even do mix cds like sasha, they you might want to look into it. However, 1/2 the fun of making a mix cd is mixing it yourself. Live is mainly a production sequencer much like cubase.

Old Post Jan-10-2005 16:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for onceler Click here to Send onceler a Private Message Visit onceler's homepage! Add onceler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj jasonF
Supreme tranceaddict

just dowlnload the demo and see for uyour self. as others said it has very good tutorials. but you have to be a producer to be able to mix on it (i dont know exactly how) meaning you have to have the loop of the bass the loop of the kick the loop of the lead the loop of the melody blah blah blah to mix and you cant find these loops.. you have to make them. you need all your tracks to be in this form.

or you can use it as a sample wich i have no idea how its done.

and also, if you need it for live sets then you need a controler (like the one that pc dj and tracktor has) but these are expencive and im not sure that there is one for alberton. sasha's is controler is custom made

Old Post Jan-10-2005 18:29  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for dj jasonF Click here to Send dj jasonF a Private Message Add dj jasonF to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Toufas
Supreme tranceaddict

i asked g&d when i saw them last month and they told me that they do it with their mp3s....i will post a pic of their equipment once i return coz i hhave to go out now :P

Old Post Jan-10-2005 18:49  Greece
Vero
Still Lurking Around...

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Thrice
you can also use it with the ECLER NUO-5 or Allen & Heath XONE:92, as they both have built in MIDI

yes the programmable effects on the nuo-5 can be assigned to any of the filters in ableton. and i think i remember reading that the nuo-5 can only be used with ableton for the programmable FX.

the xone:92 though only has a midi start/stop button. it can be programmed to 1 effect in any program.

Old Post Jan-10-2005 21:57  United States
auujay
The Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vero
yes the programmable effects on the nuo-5 can be assigned to any of the filters in ableton. and i think i remember reading that the nuo-5 can only be used with ableton for the programmable FX.

the xone:92 though only has a midi start/stop button. it can be programmed to 1 effect in any program.

I do not own the Nuo5 but from what I understand the MIDI out is just a clock signal which Ableton could use to keep the beat. The beat/clock speed is dictated by the FX unit which can be set by the use or auto detected from one of the channels. I think the FX paramaters can only be changed using Ecler's software and the knobs only control the onboard FX unit and nothing outboard (like Ableton). The "Launch" button just resets the MIDI clock back to zero and it continues counting from there.

I do not know how xone92 does MIDI but I think the only mixer with lots of MIDI controls is the special one used by Richie Hawten.

Major Johnson - February Progressive Mix

Download Other Mixes

Old Post Jan-10-2005 22:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for auujay Click here to Send auujay a Private Message Visit auujay's homepage! Add auujay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > ableton live
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread