Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > For Sale / Wanted Postings > APOLOGY TO THE ENTIRE TRANCEADDICT BOARD REGARDING FRAUD - READ INSIDE FOR THE TRUTH
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

APOLOGY TO THE ENTIRE TRANCEADDICT BOARD REGARDING FRAUD - READ INSIDE FOR THE TRUTH

I lost.

Im caught.

I apologize to everyone, but mostly, the 6 victims.

Here is the real truth.

I have been diagnosed with a 6 year long depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and multiple other issues that Iíd rather not get into. I havenít been able to feel life in the past 6 years. I donít know how many of you know what that feels like. You probably donít. Mainly because if you could know what it feels like, then you donít know what its like not to be able to Ďfeelí

Psychologists and Psychiatrists who are treating me, say that I engage myself in illegal activities Ė whether its driving a 110 mph on the highway, regardless of how many tickets ive gotten, or stealing from innocent people, or even worse, cutting my body up with a knife Ė its only because itís a subconscious effort for me to generate endorphins and adrenaline, so that I can feel my body again.

I created this Stacey character, in order to gain trust. A lot of guys find it extremely attractive to see a girl know so much about music and DJ gear. Its like our big fantasy? Marry the hot DJ chick. I felt that it would be easier to manipulate the victims if I was a girl, than if I was a guy. Stacey is actually the name of a girl I was once in love with, but broke my heart, without even knowing it. There is no ex-fiance, there is no Nick, there is nobody but me. Its all me.

The victims are all thinking the same thing Ė "oh boo hoo you fucking criminal, just because you have a fucked up head and an even more fucked up life, you decide to try making yourself feel better by fucking up mine? FUCK YOU"

I understand the rage everyone here is probably feeling towards me. Ive felt that same rage. I was once screwed by someone on PayPal, when the company gave less attention to fraud cases. Its only been recently till the company toughened up, because of that bad press they were getting. I figured, hey if someone could screw me over, maybe I can screw someone else over.

Money makes me do crazy things. My therapist says that money makes me feel secure. If I have it, I feel better about myself. At the time when I first started with the schemes, they were small. In the case of the Powerbook, the guy did get a powerbook from me, but I advertised it as being brand new with a 1.5 ghz processor, and a 4x dvd burner. He actually got a powerbook, but it was used, 1.25ghz processor, and a 2x dvd burner.

Then I started pulling bigger schemes. In the case of d3020, he paid me $200 for some records. Then it started getting into much bigger things, like in the case of Tegu.

I know my word means nothing to you all, but you do have my word that people are getting paid back. DJThanh already posted that he got his payment, d3020 will be receiving his tomorrow, Scorpionís money should be sent out tomorrow, and then Tegu and Jthorn, I need to deal with outside the board because their amounts are so much higher.

To the people who were actually supporting me, you guys did help me out a lot. It was you guys who made me want to just stop all the lies, and come clean finally. Donít feel like you were naÔve or duped, you guys are good people who helped me start thinking more rationally.

The stories I wrote were all true. The thing about me being in a hit and run accident, the thing about flying Markus Schulz to San Francisco and throwing a free all age party, all of it. Its true. I know that I am a good person at heart, its just that I do stupid things like this because of deep psychological issues that Ive already explained above.

Earlier today, I was chatting with a MOD, who has met me in Miami for WMC. I tried to get him to lie for me, and say that the IP match was a mistake. My biggest concern is that my name is attached to all this crime now, and it is circulating on the web. If you google my name, it pops up in the first few matches. I am worried about this haunting me for the rest of my life. I told him that I could no longer live with myself, if I knew Iíd be branded a criminal for the rest of my life. I think that best way to put it is that its like the ďglass-ceiling.Ē I look up and see the person that is good and honest, above that glass. But from now on, no matter how honest and good I am from here on out, I will never be able to reach that good person status above the glass ceiling.

Its sad, Arturo and I used to be good friends. I remember taking him out to Olive Garden in Miami last year for WMC. He will vouch that I typically am an honest, good person. As TorontoTranceAddict mentioned, I am fairly known throughout the electronic music industry. My reputation in that industry is as pure as a virgin. Many producers around the world, some of which are very well known, send me their tracks, sometimes a year in advance of its release because they know I would never betray their trust.

I just hope that eventually, you guys can all forgive me. Realize it was a mistake. I am going to pay for that mistake, but like I said to my friends today before I decided I was going to shoot myselfÖ..The more people slag me and call me a criminal, the only more of a criminal I will become.

Who knows, maybe tomorrow I wont be alive. I still am very angry at myself about this. I called a guy I know to ask for a gun. I am probably going to be all night writing out a will. Maybe I can make it up to the 6 victims by distributing my records, dj gear, and my entire studio to you guys in my will.

I donít know. I feel like Iíve reached the end of my road. I donít want to keep walking on this rocky road.

I am sorry. I am so sorry.

Last edited by Spective on Jul-29-2004 at 12:46

Old Post Jul-29-2004 00:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spective Click here to Send Spective a Private Message Visit Spective's homepage! Add Spective to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Elysium
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey Spective,

Not sure i understand the situation. I thought you ex commited

all of these scams not you. Now you are saying that you were all

behind it. Whatever the case, life is about falling down and getting

up again. From each fall we learn and move on. It seems like you've

tried to right the wrongs and set things straight. its all you can

really do. I dont think anyone could ask for more. I understand

people are angry. But, if they cant get past the fact that you are

doing things to set things straight then dont let it bother you.

its their anger speaking more than anything else and u need to

understand that. Life is a long road my friend, dont let the bumps

in the road slow you down.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 01:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Elysium Click here to Send Elysium a Private Message Add Elysium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Michael
tranceaddict

If your expecting sympathy, your not going to fucking get it from me.
It was pretty obvious right from the start it was Spective who was scamming - it's amazing how many people couldn't see that.
Would you have admitted the truth if it hadn't come out that your's and "Stacys" had the same IP address? I doubt it...
Reading through all the posts, i'm amazed at the deception and lies you told. As for your post above about mental illness or whatever, it just sounds like more lies to me. Although I think the words compulsive liar come to mind.
You have to understand that you cannot be trusted, and every word you say will be treated with suspicion.
Although I think you do have wires crossed in your brain mate if you thought you could bullshit an entire board.
Now instead of writing long posts on TA how about going out and getting some money and reimbursing these people?
To the people who were scammed, i would still notify the police. Dont'let a sob story stop you. As I said, he cannot be trusted, and I'm sure the police will want to have a word with him.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 01:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Click here to Send Michael a Private Message Add Michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

You are right. If I didnt get caught via the IP match, I wouldnt have come clean. Thats the truth.

The truth is also that the people would have still been paid. This can be verified because two people have trackings #s for their payments, one of which received his today.

The reason I was trying to cover it up, was because I was trying to protect my name. Now that this is all available to view by googling my name, anyone who might know me, or a potential employer, can see all this about me.

Understand that I was not trying to continue with the scam. The moment I came on the board posting that story about the ex-fiance, is when I gave up on the scam itself.

You dont believe me about the mental illness? Ok Michael, I'll see how you feel when I get home and take digital picture of my medication, which shows my name on it, and the type of medication.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 01:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spective Click here to Send Spective a Private Message Visit Spective's homepage! Add Spective to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobolt
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Michael
If your expecting sympathy, your not going to fucking get it from me.
It was pretty obvious right from the start it was Spective who was scamming - it's amazing how many people couldn't see that.
Would you have admitted the truth if it hadn't come out that your's and "Stacys" had the same IP address? I doubt it...
Reading through all the posts, i'm amazed at the deception and lies you told. As for your post above about mental illness or whatever, it just sounds like more lies to me. Although I think the words compulsive liar come to mind.
You have to understand that you cannot be trusted, and every word you say will be treated with suspicion.
Although I think you do have wires crossed in your brain mate if you thought you could bullshit an entire board.
Now instead of writing long posts on TA how about going out and getting some money and reimbursing these people?
To the people who were scammed, i would still notify the police. Dont'let a sob story stop you. As I said, he cannot be trusted, and I'm sure the police will want to have a word with him.

This is the first time I have posted in the mess but I would like to note here for anyone who read the whole thing through. He is paying back the people he scammed and some of the already received their funds. He is trying right his wrongs here.

Michael does make some good points that this guy said himself he has problems. Whether its true or not Its hard to say but I think the one thing that should happen here is people should keep the flame level down
and stick to a simple phrase we all should know and most of us ignore daily.

"if you do not have anything nice to say, don't say it"

I think especially in this case it would be a good policy to follow as in if Spective is not lieing and is looking for a gun to kill himself. I would never want that to happen, to anyone!. Especially over something like this.

While I am not someone who got scammed. Its a human being and while he has used up alot of people here and no one should trust him inregards to money, I would say that I believe his last post for the simple fact that it does not hurt me not to and can only be a good outcome if support keeps him alive and at the very least to right waht he has done wrong.

Negative statements here will only lead to bad things. The people who got scammed can make up their own mind about pressing charges.

To Spective:
Kudos to you for coming clean cause you are screwed here either way. If you didn't come clean they could prove it and alot of other people would just run. While your post may be fake and just be a pity plea, it doesn't matter to me and I bet to alot of people on the boards. and You should just pay the people back not do anything stupid and stand up to what ever other punishment is coming your way.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 01:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobolt Click here to Send Cobolt a Private Message Add Cobolt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks Cobalt. Again, I need to reitterate the fact that I iddnt do this because I am scared of law enforcement or believed threats that I would be sued, put in jail, etc.

I have no prior criminal record, and because of that, I would never be put in jail for something like this. Especially, since I am paying everyone back.

One thing I didnt lie about is the fact that I studied law. If you cant believe that, I will take a picture tonight of my law textbook that I said I was reading during the past few days to understand the legal situation.

All I want is that all the victims get ttheir money b ack and get closure to this whole situation.

Lastly, my post is not fake or a pity plea. It is the truth. I will even post a picture of my bottle of prozac later tonight when I get home from work.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 02:39  United States
jthorn
tranceaddict in training

I'm surprised to see this post. Not by the facts that it reveals, which are chillingly similar to what I suspected, but by the fact that the scammer has openly admitted his guilt.

I can honestly say that I have, at this point, no sympathy for Shehryar. I have been caught in this mess for months now, and it's caused me frustration to no end. It is good that Shehryar has decided to confess his crimes, but that does nothing to exonerate him of them, nor does it provide any restitution to me. I am still out my money, not to mention a lot of time and wasted effort, and I am stuck with a damaged item that does not meet my needs.

I cannot and will not halt the actions I have currently set in motion until my money is returned to me, and even should Shehryar return my funds now I cannot guarantee that I will not pursue further action against him. I have given so many chances for him to make things right, and even though I am a very patient and compassionate person I am not sure I could allow him to walk away from all of this cleanly.

Shehryar, you know how to contact me. If you are truly repentent, then you know what you must do.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 02:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jthorn Click here to Send jthorn a Private Message Visit jthorn's homepage! Add jthorn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tegu
retro electro

exactly

do you have any idea what it is like to lose $900? much less $2300?

Old Post Jul-29-2004 02:53  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Tegu Click here to Send Tegu a Private Message Visit Tegu's homepage! Add Tegu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spang
Supreme tranceaddict

I dont know what the fuck is going on in here anymore. Bullshit or not i dont know, but what i do know is that everyone has there own little or big demons they have to deal with in life and its how committed you are to dealing with it that will effect your future.

There is a big difference to driving fast to stealing over $3000 from innocent people. Yes you may be sick but im sure you can still tell right from wrong. I mean you were smart enough to get away from with for a while and cook up a pretty good story to back it up so you should be smart enough to pay all the money back aswell (maybe get a better feeling by doing that!!!)

All i can say is that dont go throwing your life away. You fucked up..SO WHAT. Everyone does but its what you do after that matters. you obviously have talent in the music industry and respect from djs and producers out there so thats a start. Tranceaddict is not the be all and end all of life as we know it so who cares what people who will never see or meet your entire life say about you.

Just pay the money back and get on with life. You never know what might happen in the future.

Arizona- Labyrinth
Kenny Hayes- Ibiza Sky (Alex MORPH mix)
E.B.T.G.- Missing the Girl
Menno De Jong- Tundra (Mark Otten mix)
Sonicvibe- Nostalgia

My Records for sale

Old Post Jul-29-2004 02:54  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Spang Click here to Send Spang a Private Message Add Spang to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Jeremey, like I have said, everyone is getting compensation. You know that I am being honest here because one person has already posted saying they recieved their funds. Tomorrow, d3020 will be making a similar post.

Like I said, I am not worried about "further actions that have already been set in motion." I know what the end result is going to be, and you arent going to be happy about it because you are going to feel like you wasted your time. But continue your efforts by all means if thats what empowers you and makes you feel like you are doing something ands tanding up for yourself.

Ia m not looking for your sympathy or your forgiveness. I am just looking to bring closure for everyone. That is it.

Understand though that since you refused my idea of you selling the powerbook for whatever you can get on eBay, and then me paying the difference to add up to the $2300 that you paid, it is going to take longer to pay you back since I know how to work more hours to pay you back an entire sum of $2300. You can say that it isnt good enough, that you will continue persueing your agencies, but liek I said , that doesnt mater to me. I am just going to conitnue working to get you the money.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 02:55  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Tegu
exactly

do you have any idea what it is like to lose $900? much less $2300?

Yes I do Christopher. Like I said, I was in a hit and run acciddent last year. THere was $4000 worth of damage to my car. Even though they know who hit my car, nothing has been done yet. THe judicial process is very slow in these type of cases.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 02:58  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Spang
I dont know what the fuck is going on in here anymore. Bullshit or not i dont know, but what i do know is that everyone has there own little or big demons they have to deal with in life and its how committed you are to dealing with it that will effect your future.

There is a big difference to driving fast to stealing over $3000 from innocent people. Yes you may be sick but im sure you can still tell right from wrong. I mean you were smart enough to get away from with for a while and cook up a pretty good story to back it up so you should be smart enough to pay all the money back aswell (maybe get a better feeling by doing that!!!)

All i can say is that dont go throwing your life away. You fucked up..SO WHAT. Everyone does but its what you do after that matters. you obviously have talent in the music industry and respect from djs and producers out there so thats a start. Tranceaddict is not the be all and end all of life as we know it so who cares what people who will never see or meet your entire life say about you.

Just pay the money back and get on with life. You never know what might happen in the future.

Spang, like its been said many many times. One person confirmed today they recieved their money. TOmorrow, d3020 will be saying the same thing. I am paying everyone back.

ALso, dont think that my desire to kill myself right now is just because of TA. I have been depressed for 6 years, and this just makes me feel smaller and more isolated.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 03:00  United States
jthorn
tranceaddict in training

Your proposal is completely unacceptable. Either you can now give me back the money you received 2 months ago or you cannot.

As it seems that you are either unable or unwilling to do this, I have nothing to discuss with you.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 03:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jthorn Click here to Send jthorn a Private Message Visit jthorn's homepage! Add jthorn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Stop making it sound like I refuse to give you your money back. Money doesnt just come from out of thin air. IF it did, I wouldnt have even done this scam.

I am unable to pay you at this time, but like I just told Tegu on Aim, I have put in a request for more hours at work to earn the money as fast as I can.

If you ahve nothing to discuss with me, then dont. That will just hurt you, not me. I continue to say this over and over again. I am not afraid of the agencies you contacted. So all I can say is, I am going to work as hard as I can to earn the money to pay you back, but I do not have the funds to pay you back at this point.

That is just the reality of the situation, and I accept the consequences that might come my way for that.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 03:43  United States
Cobalt
Trance Isn't Trance

By the way, the poster you replied to was Cobolt not, Cobalt. (I forsee future confusion)

I'm shocked that the situation came to this, particularly when I was inclined to support your case. Given this development, your new post should now be doubted on most counts. You appear able to meticulously construct detailed, interweaving, convincing lies, and there's no real reason, aside from reported repayments, to think your new story any different.

I've dealt with depression for nearly four years now. I've attempted several medications, often believing I could take shortcuts in treatment to cut costs, and making incomplete starts with psychology to avoid financial burden. Ultimately I paid the price for this in relapse. Only now am I taking the serious, expensive steps to work past depression once and for all, because I can't afford not to.

But never -- never -- have I blamed my actions on an illness. Your ready willingness to do so make me extremely skeptical of any claim that you have ever sought treatment, let alone been in it for years. You know damn well what you were doing. Someone working with mental health professionals would treat their psychological problem as something within themselves and ultimately under their control, not as a complex, external scapegoat.

Your enthusiasm to sound convincing, and to bring suicide threats into the conversation, make me doubt the validity of your entire post. Both are red flags of a heavy deception groaning under its own weight.

And Prozac? I'm extremely skeptical that you would be on Prozac, or any SSRI, after several years of psychiatric treatment. Even if you were to be on an SSRI after several years, I question it being Prozac, which is prescribed less often these days compared to related drugs. Prozac is also the most commonly known antidepressant brand name to the general public, which would support the idea that you needed a convincing name.

Your sudden and wordy willingness to be sincere is either very unusual or clearly another set of untruths. Convincing claims to provide photographs, reveal personal difficulties, and tell the "real" truth are common techniques employed by pathological liars.

I may have given you some credit before I read this passage:
quote:

I just hope that eventually, you guys can all forgive me. Realize it was a mistake. I am going to pay for that mistake, but like I said to my friends today before I decided I was going to shoot myselfÖ..The more people slag me and call me a criminal, the only more of a criminal I will become.

This rings very hollow.

Last edited by Cobalt on Jul-29-2004 at 04:56

Old Post Jul-29-2004 04:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobalt Click here to Send Cobalt a Private Message Add Cobalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Any other doubts I can answer? You can see that the medicine is called Fluoxetine, and underneath it , it says GENERIC FROM PROZAC.

You may also google Fluoxetine and you will find that it is Prozac.

Also, you really need to do more research before saying things like Prozac is less prescribed. The only reason its gone down in prescription is because of those trendy little cute ads for Zolaft.

My Dr prescribd me Prozac because it has the longest half life of all the SSRIs. This means that when eventually get off of it, I wont have withdrawal symptoms like users of Paxil have complained about. 70% of Paxil users complain of withdrawals.

Cobolt, I would think that since you have suffered from depression as well, you would know that often, you try making yourself think that its all curable without medication. At least for me, I always thought that taking medicine for it was just what lazy people did. I thought if I worked out, did better in school, etc, I would be cured. Then 4 months ago, I was on the phone with my best friend, saying goodbye to him, and holding a gun next to my head. Then a few minutes later, cops were at my door.

I surrendered my gun peacefully, and no charges were filed against me, but I was told that I would be required to visit a psychologist on a weekly basis, which I have been doing.

Also, I never said my depression is the reason I did this. I said that my therapist says that I do these tings in order to create adrenaline and releases endorphines as a subconscious attempt for being able to feel my body again. She says the fact that I have cut marks on my arms and that I drive fast are other ways to confirm her theory.

The next picture I will post is that of my law textbook, to prove that I study law and that all my comments about what I know about hte judicial system arent just ways to make you think twice about calling the cops.

Last edited by Spective on Jul-29-2004 at 05:49

Old Post Jul-29-2004 05:43  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Jul-29-2004 05:55  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

This will clear any doubts that I have hurt myself in the past, so that my "threats of suicide" as cobolt put it, are taken a little more seriously.

Like I said, this is the real truth. The post I made is the real deal.

I even spoke to DJ Thanh and Tegu just now on AIM, and they asked me questions about my motivations and how I did what....and I even gave them pointers on what to do to avoid other people out there who scam innocent people.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 06:00  United States
Cobolt
Junior tranceaddict

Not to stray from the post too much but CobAlt with an A is the one you are referencing and CobOlt (me) is posted earlier. but on a Side note I agree with a few things cobAlt said.

ALl in all. I think that Spective needs to pay everyone back as quickley as possible as he is stating that he is trying to do. And a Mod needs to kill this post. and others like it. Spective and other parties have PM and can contact each other that way.

Spective has made his point and admission of guilt and insults and assumptions can go on in private.

If nothing else this post should be moved to another section as it does not even really apply to the section its in. no?

I hope everything works out for everyone in the end.

-Cobolt

Old Post Jul-29-2004 06:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobolt Click here to Send Cobolt a Private Message Add Cobolt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Well, I think the other two threads need to be killed. But this one shold have at least a few days of being up, because I deserve to be able to shed the truth to everyone.....i think there are over 2000 hits on one of the threads...so Id like to let those people know whats going on, and that I didnt run with the money

Old Post Jul-29-2004 06:41  United States
Simcut
Berlin Addict :)

Thumbs down

what a fucking joke,

you put a LOT of trust in other people that it was your "girlfriend" that did all this and you would sort it out, I cant believe you have lied through your teeth and tried to rip people off, an absolute bloody disgraceful act, ill or not.

Ill or not there are NO excuses for trying to rip people off and despite paying them back, you have lost the trust of everyone.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 09:01  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Simcut Click here to Send Simcut a Private Message Add Simcut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Simcut

Thumbs down

I read your comments again and I have to say, how you can say "fuck you" to the people you have ripped off or questioned you, you deserve everything you get "mate".

Stealing is the lowest of the low, I should know, a few years ago my house was burgled and my mum & dad's wedding ring was taken as well as so much other jewellery (sp.) they also stole some other items of great value and of very high importance to the family, some belongings of my dead Grandpa for example, the lowest of the low do such an act, whether they are a drug addict or in your case. It is NO excuse, you have ripped ppl off, yes you are paying them back but that is not the bloody point, you even created this "Stacey-L" character and rabbited on about how you had visited her and bla de bla.

I find this a complete and utter joke, you had the trust of a mod (tta) who said you'd never do such a thing, how wrong he was.

And you say you have a reputation in the EDM industry? I'm suprised they trust you with sending new tracks yonks in advance seeing as you were stealing money off people...

Swear at me or insult me or what, but I have never stolen from anyone, the only time I stole sometihng was a toy when I was 5 years old, lol unlike you, and this is constructive criticism not just swearing and insulting, so dont start having a go at me, I may not be involved in this, but just the sheer disgust of the lies you have told made me want to make a post regarding it.

All I suggest you do is refund everyone and not do any selling again, until your 100% better :/

Old Post Jul-29-2004 09:23  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Simcut Click here to Send Simcut a Private Message Add Simcut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

umm simmy, i never said fuck you....read that phrase again. I was talking from the point of the people ripped off....

also, understand that this was a one time lapse that came desperation.

producers still send me tracks because I have yet to be found trading tracks with people. in fact, a well known producer on this forum tried to get me to trade him some of my tracks for some of the ones he produced himself. i said no, and he ended up saying "i am still going to send them to you because i know that you wont give them away."

i actually just got sent gabriel and dresdens new album today from the label itself. this is because PR agents know ive never done anything to hurt their clients. they even put tracking data in each CDR they send out that is unique to each member of the press.

also, you say youve never stolen before. for me, this was a first time as well. i bet you though youve made mistakes and done things in your past that you regret. i bet you wish you could be forgiven. i am not looking for forgiveness or sympathy. i made my post just to explain the facts at hand.

the good news for tegu is that one of my mates, who knows i am trustworthy at heart, is lending me the money so that i can pay him back next week. that will be mean by the end of next week, 4/5 victims are guaranteed to be paid off.

am i a lying cheating bastard for what i did? YES

am i a lying cheating bastard for everything in my past and future? NO

Last edited by Spective on Jul-29-2004 at 09:33

Old Post Jul-29-2004 09:28  United States
djtrinity
....i have nothing to say

you people may think i am mad for say'n this....this may even be what he wants......but he is making attempts to pay money back....its prolle all bullshit anyway but how would u feel if this kid put a bullet in his head???????? would u be able to live with that??

ofcourse maybe he just try'n to get sympathy and this is more lies...but if i were any of u guys @ this point i would just let him try to pay me back and accept that he would prolle never would pay me back......

he at least admited it was him.....and we all know very well we can be scammed on this internet ..... that ancient phrase 'let the buyer beware'.......

is this kids life gett'n wrecked worth a couple grand.....think about this guys........

Old Post Jul-29-2004 10:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djtrinity Click here to Send djtrinity a Private Message Visit djtrinity's homepage! Add djtrinity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Simcut

Smile

True, I dont like the fact he has been around TA for 3 years and does something like that, he even had ppl backing him up that he "didnt" do it.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 10:43  England
DJAntSmith
Sunset

Although I'm glad that this is finally coming out, I feel that the worst part for me (and probably some others as well) being a TA member who actively buys on here and ebay, is that we were right about the whole thing.

We thought it was a scam and it was.

My trust and faith in TA's members and buying section has dropped.

I have read this throughout and my opinion is that the whole truth still isn't there. Before it was actively and somewhat convincingly trying to prove his honesty, innocence and integruity. And now he is actively and again somewhat convincingly trying to prove his poor health in the same way. I'm not saying he is or isn't lying as I am just speculating but just as before (and I was right before) something still doesn't seem right.

Current Tune:
Ferry Corsten - Junk (Ant Smith Re-Work)

Sunset @ Zoo Bar - 02-2007
www.sunsetnights.co.uk

Old Post Jul-29-2004 11:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for DJAntSmith Click here to Send DJAntSmith a Private Message Visit DJAntSmith's homepage! Add DJAntSmith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Can you elaborate a bit more on what isnt right? Its been proven now that I am not lying about my illness. I even posted a picture of my medication that says PROZAC on it, which is an anti depressent.

Again, I am not trying to say that my depression is what causes me to do this. I am saying that it is something I have, and that I subconsciously engage myself in risky activites in order to get adrenaline rushes. My type of depression is very numbing to my body, so I do anything I can to feel emotion..

Does this make more sense?

I dont see as to why I would lie at this point? I have confessed to the scam. People are already receiving their refunds. What could I possible have left to lie about?

My reputation is already ruined. I am already at rock bottom.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 11:07  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Also, I would hate for the For Sale forum to fall apart because of this.

You guys need to understand that the For Sale forum has been on TA much longer than I have. There have been hundreds of successful transactions.

Tegu and DJThanh expressed the same concern over internet transactions to me on AIM after i confessed.

This is what I told them. The moral of the story is, if something is too good to be true, it is.

I mean, the deal I gave Tegu was a $1600 mixer for, $900 (Brand NEW). The deal I gave DJ Thanh was a $350 pioneer efx-500 for $200 (Brand New). Ask yourself next time, why would someone sell a brand new item that cheap?

Also, try making an effort to get in contact with the person on the phone before you send the money. This way you get a sense of what the person is like by hearing their voice. Often, a scammer will not want to talk on the phone for fear of being traced later on. If someone refuses to talk to you over the phone, its an immediate red flag.

As for PayPal, do not be fooled by this service. They offer a false sense of security to their members with their "$5,000 buyer protection policy." Many people have been screwed by Paypal, the company itself. Please visit www.paypalsucks.com where a friend of mine recorded a conversation he had with PayPal operators regarding money they literally stole out of his bank account without his consent. You will also be able to read testimony from a former paypal employee regarding internal practices.

Although it can be expensive, for large items like mixers, I would use an escrow service like escrow.com

Cash on Delivery is another option as well.

NEVER EVER send money orders or personal checks as they are untraceable. I was telling DJ Thanh and Tegu today on AIM, that even after I was caught with IP match, I could have EASILY just disappeared from the site and taken off with he money. Even with Tegu, I could have ran away with his money even though he used PayPal. They are lucky that I was a scammer that eventually wanted to do the right thing.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 11:16  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djtrinity
you people may think i am mad for say'n this....this may even be what he wants......but he is making attempts to pay money back....its prolle all bullshit anyway but how would u feel if this kid put a bullet in his head???????? would u be able to live with that??

ofcourse maybe he just try'n to get sympathy and this is more lies...but if i were any of u guys @ this point i would just let him try to pay me back and accept that he would prolle never would pay me back......

he at least admited it was him.....and we all know very well we can be scammed on this internet ..... that ancient phrase 'let the buyer beware'.......

is this kids life gett'n wrecked worth a couple grand.....think about this guys........

Thank you mate, I appreciate the concern. I will not be putting a bullet in my head. I have been up all night thinking more rationally. I think that once everyone is paid, maybe Jthorn can remove all of the stuff he posted about me in his blog, and these threads can be erased, so that I can have closure and this wont haunt me for the rest of my life, when potential employers do background checks on me via google (fairly common practice these days)

Old Post Jul-29-2004 11:21  United States
Michael
tranceaddict

Regardless if the mental illness spiel is true or not, the police still need to be notified. As i said in my earlier post, the bullshit alarm is going off in my head again and it seems like another lie so Tegu and the others don't get the police involved. And Spective, you can say whatever you want about the police not being interested, but I guarantee when 6 people come forward they'll be interested no matter how big or small the amounts of money involved are.
As you yourself said, you wouldn't have owned up to any of this if it hadn't come to light that you and "Stacey" had matching IP addresses.
And if you are truly sorry about ripping those people off, maybe you should sell the digital camera you used to take photos of your arm, and the computer your using to log onto TA, and use the money to pay these people back. These people should not have to wait to be reimbursed, or to be asked to sell something on ebay and then you make up the difference.
If that fails mate, take a trip to see your bank manager and tell him your a lowlife scamming prick who needs a loan so he can pay back the people he ripped off.
These may seem life harsh words, but you deserve every bit of it.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 12:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Click here to Send Michael a Private Message Add Michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
he bullshit alarm is going off in my head again and it seems like another lie so Tegu and the others don't get the police involved.

So my mental illness is a ploy to stall Tegu? Makes no sense. Did I not post above that I got a loan from a friend and will paying Tegu back by next week? Did I not say that 4/5 people will have been paid by the end of next week? Has 1 person not already posted that he received my payment?

And how do you propose I sell those items mate? On TA where noone trusts me? On eBay where Ive been banned from? How do you reckon people should pay me? Via money order/personal check which I explicitly said in my post about how people can avoid getting scammed? Via PayPal where I have been banned? Let me know mate.

quote:
Regardless if the mental illness spiel is true or not

If a picture that shows scars from cutting my arms with a knife and a picture of my medication not damning proof of my illness, what the fuck is? Do I need to go on a shootin spree somewhere in order to get you all to believe me when I say Ive been diagnosed with depression?

Old Post Jul-29-2004 12:17  United States
LouieH
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Spective
Thank you mate, I appreciate the concern. I will not be putting a bullet in my head. I have been up all night thinking more rationally. I think that once everyone is paid, maybe Jthorn can remove all of the stuff he posted about me in his blog, and these threads can be erased, so that I can have closure and this wont haunt me for the rest of my life, when potential employers do background checks on me via google (fairly common practice these days)

While I can empathize with you, your depression doesn't make you unique or special. Every criminal has some real reason for what they do... that doesn't make it "OK". Our prisons are filled with people who had horrible childhoods or suffered from a range of mental illnesses. Society dictates a line between who made a rational decision to do something, and who is truly at the mercy of their own demons. It's obvious what side of that line you were on.

At some point you have to realize that, to other people, you are what you do.

If I were a potential employer of yours, I'd certainly want to know about this. Nothing like this will mean much if you do the right thing from here on out and stop making more excuses. Your words don't carry much weight right now and there's a price to be paid for what you've done. Stop trying to avoid it and take it like a man. Your future depends on it.

[Edit... I tend to comma-splice a lot!]

Old Post Jul-29-2004 12:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LouieH Click here to Send LouieH a Private Message Add LouieH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LouieH
While I can empathize with you, your depression doesn't make you unique or special. Every criminal has some real reason for what they do... that doesn't make it "OK". Our prisons are filled with people who had horrible childhoods or suffered from a range of mental illnesses. Society dictates a line between who made a rational decision to do something, and who is truly at the mercy of their own demons. It's obvious what side of that line you were on.

At some point you have to realize that, to other people, you are what you do.

If I were a potential employer of yours, I'd certainly want to know about this. Nothing like this will mean much if you do the right thing from here on out and stop making more excuses. Your words don't carry much weight right now, and there's a price to be paid for what you've done. Stop trying to avoid it, and take it like a man. Your future depends on it.

I feel as if my microphone isnt on or something. Did I ever say that I blame this whole thing on my depression? Did I not say that I understand that what I did was wrong?

These are not excuses. I am not trying to justify what I did. All I did was make a post, explaining my background, and give the truth on what happened.

Can you tell me how I am trying to avoid it if I came clean about EVERYTHING I did and if I already started paying people?

You make it sound like I spent my whole life cheating people out of their money. I made a mistake. A huge mistake I understand, but it was a mistake. I regret doing it. I learned from it. I am pro-actively taking steps to rectify it.

What I dont understand is, why would you continue to beat someone down with a stick who is trying to make things right? Its like encouraging me to just run in the other direction, when the direction I am taking right now is the right one?

Old Post Jul-29-2004 12:43  United States
LouieH
tranceaddict in training

quote:
I feel as if my microphone isnt on or something. Did I ever say that I blame this whole thing on my depression? Did I not say that I understand that what I did was wrong?

These are not excuses. I am not trying to justify what I did. All I did was make a post, explaining my background, and give the truth on what happened.

Can you tell me how I am trying to avoid it if I came clean about EVERYTHING I did and if I already started paying people?

You make it sound like I spent my whole life cheating people out of their money. I made a mistake. A huge mistake I understand, but it was a mistake. I regret doing it. I learned from it. I am pro-actively taking steps to rectify it.

What I dont understand is, why would you continue to beat someone down with a stick who is trying to make things right? Its like encouraging me to just run in the other direction, when the direction I am taking right now is the right one?

I'm not trying to beat you down. I'm trying to help.

If you truly wanted to come clean, your depression wouldn't have even factored into this. You'd simply have owned up to your actions, tried to make restitution if you can, and accepted whatever consequences were coming - no matter what they are. It's another excuse in a long line of them. The only difference this time is that the excuse doesn't have fictional grounds.

Even before you were caught you were trying this whole time to get this thing erased... gone! It's not that easy! You say you've reached bottom yet it appears to me as if you're still struggling to float away from this mess with your reputation (outside of the people that know about this) intact.

To me, it seems like you're finally seeing that your actions have the potential to cause real consequences for you now and you're still trying to run away from them. I'm calling you out on it because I think taking responsibility for what you've done and not trying to fight the consequences will do you some good.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 12:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LouieH Click here to Send LouieH a Private Message Add LouieH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

The depression issue is linked to one thing, emotion. I was trying to offer an explanation as to why people like myself hurt themselves, put themselves in danger, and/or steal - to feel endorphine/adrenaline highs.

I am not saying that everyone should dismiss this because I have a mental disorder.

Let me put it this way. When a crime happens, the first thing the police ask is "What could be his/her motivation to do this?" This helps them understand what they are dealing with in the grand scheme of things.

And as I have said countless times, I am not afraid of legal consequences in this. I have studied law for 3 years now, and I know that in a non violent cold case like this, where the suspect admits guilt, and offers restitution, the police need not interfere because there are unfortunately scammers out there, who run away with the money and disappear.

You maybe right about me wanting to protect my reputation. But isnt that what any person who commits a crime would want to do? To fix his/her mistake, learn from it, and become a better person in the future?

I look at it this way. Our past is inscribed in stone, not written in chalk. Yet, when a mistake is made, its like people think anything good Ive done in the past is written in chalk and has to be erased, while the mistakes I made are inscribed in stone forever.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 13:05  United States
Simcut

Thumbs down

quote:
The depression issue is linked to one thing, emotion. I was trying to offer an explanation as to why people like myself hurt themselves, put themselves in danger, and/or steal - to feel endorphine/adrenaline highs.

I am not saying that everyone should dismiss this because I have a mental disorder.

Let me put it this way. When a crime happens, the first thing the police ask is "What could be his/her motivation to do this?" This helps them understand what they are dealing with in the grand scheme of things.

And as I have said countless times, I am not afraid of legal consequences in this. I have studied law for 3 years now, and I know that in a non violent cold case like this, where the suspect admits guilt, and offers restitution, the police need not interfere because there are unfortunately scammers out there, who run away with the money and disappear.

You maybe right about me wanting to protect my reputation. But isnt that what any person who commits a crime would want to do? To fix his/her mistake, learn from it, and become a better person in the future?

I look at it this way. Our past is inscribed in stone, not written in chalk. Yet, when a mistake is made, its like people think anything good Ive done in the past is written and chalk and has to be erased, while the mistakes I made are inscribed in stone forever.

crime?

you actually committed 7 crimes, 6 rip offs and 1 crime, the mistrust of those people.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 13:10  England
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

Simcut, where did I say I committed 1 crime?

I was not speaking in personal reference both times I used the word crime.

I said When a crime happens, the first thin gthe police ask is ...........

Why would I put crime in plural there? Its not like the police only ask about motivation when multiple crimes are committed.

I said But isnt that what any person who commits a crime would want to do?......

Again, why would I make crime plural there? Any person, whether it be me or someone else, who commits any sort of crime would want to fix the mistake, learn from it, and become a better person

Does this clear it up? Maybe you should be responding to the more important things in my post. Picking at little things like that show me that you cant find anything worthwhile to try attacking me with

Old Post Jul-29-2004 13:15  United States
LouieH
tranceaddict in training

quote:

I'll answer to this part, because I've said everything I'm going to say about your depression. You can take that or leave it.

Part of becoming a better person is not trying to erase or "fix" what you've done. It's paying the price and accepting it. Reputation is something you build over time. You've just destroyed yours, and it's going to take time to rebuild it. Expecting anything different is fooling yourself.

If this one period of time in your life haunts you for a while, that's all the more reason not to do the same thing again. What you do from here on out will either build your reputation back or drive it down further into the mud. For the near future people will be wary of dealing with you. I think they have every right to be. Denying them the chance of finding out what you have done is doing them wrong. It also isn't doing you much good either - as it gives you more of an impetus to try the same thing if you find yourself in desperate circumstances in the future, only "smarter" next time.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 13:24  United States
Spective
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LouieH
I'll answer to this part, because I've said everything I'm going to say about your depression. You can take that or leave it.

Part of becoming a better person is not trying to erase or "fix" what you've done. It's paying the price and accepting it. Reputation is something you build over time. You've just destroyed yours, and it's going to take time to rebuild it. Expecting anything different is fooling yourself.

If this one period of time in your life haunts you for a while, that's all the more reason not to do the same thing again. What you do from here on out will either build your reputation back or drive it down further into the mud. For the near future people will be wary of dealing with you. I think they have every right to be. Denying them the chance of finding out what you have done is doing them wrong. It also isn't doing you much good either - as it gives you more of an impetus to try the same thing if you find yourself in desperate circumstances in the future, only "smarter" next time.

OK we both said our pieces on the depression.

Other than that, I fully agree with your post. Believe me, my direction from here on out is to continue to slowly build trust with you all over time. Locally, I will continue DJing for various charities. On August 11, I will be opening for Jondi and Spesh and have asked that the DJ fees they offered me to be donated to their homeless shelter cause (i requested my fees be donated, way before this scam stuff happened.)

I have definitely learned my lesson. You know, this is one of the situations people can use to say "money doesnt buy happiness." I tried to obtain money to buy things that make me truly happy, but in the long run, it has made me unhappy.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 13:30  United States
jthorn
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Stop making it sound like I refuse to give you your money back. Money doesnt just come from out of thin air.
Good that you acknowledge this - the money you acquired indeed did not come from thin air, it came from my account.

I gave you ample chances to refund my money and walk away with the laptop. You have lied to me consistantly for the past 2 months, and have tried repeatedly to deceive the members of this community.

Now that you have finally revealed the truth, you act as if all should be forgiven. You seem confident that you can beat the system, and that your offers here are solely to our benefit and not to your own. You act as if it is you who are making a sacrifice, and not the people from whom you have stolen.

You have proven yourself untrustworthy in the past, and while it may be true that you have now had a change of heart, as you must surely understand I cannot take what you say at face value.

In the resolution of the situation, there can be no shades of grey - either I have my money fully and promptly returned, or I continue to try to have it returned. I have already been fighting this situation for months, and it should be obvious why I cannot accept any offers of an installment plan from you at this point.

It isn't that I don't understand - I'm sure you've spent most or all of my money - it's that I don't care. The only thing that matters to me now is getting all of my money back swiftly. If you really care about making that happen, I'm sure you can find a way to do so.

Old Post Jul-29-2004 13:45  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > For Sale / Wanted Postings > APOLOGY TO THE ENTIRE TRANCEADDICT BOARD REGARDING FRAUD - READ INSIDE FOR THE TRUTH
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread