Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I really need Shoutcast help.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

I really need Shoutcast help.

ok so I wanna DJ and setup my own server for people to listen on, so I got the latest Shoutcast Server and DSP, I set it up like I should, I got it running through port 8000, so cos I got a router (SMC 7004VBR) I went into virtual server options, to hopefully open ports 8000 and 8001, so I put them in, with the ip address 192.168.2.1 cos thats the only IP it will give me, I can't change it, and I just keep getting the message:

<04/05/04@20:39:01> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<04/05/04@20:39:01> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out))

I've been on winamps forum and looked up about this and followed there steps, but nothing works, I opened port 80, I tried changing Yport to 666, nothing, I'm not behind a firewall, both the routers one and winxps firewalls are disabled, I am sharing the internet connection with one other computer, but as far as I know I opened the ports going to my pc.

If anybody can help, it would be really appreciated, I am just so confused right now, I woulda posted this in the DJ Booth, but alot more people come here and more often, so thats why.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: oh yea, on the routers status page, it shows my WAN IP, and when I go to broadcast, it does show up, the 192.168....IP does not, so thats good I take it.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 02:48  England
Click Here to See the Profile for DannyO Click here to Send DannyO a Private Message Add DannyO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mndeg
;0

server options you need to put in your external ip
go to www.whatismyip.com

soulful/latin/deep house + jazz

Old Post Apr-06-2004 02:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mndeg Click here to Send mndeg a Private Message Add mndeg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by mndeg
server options you need to put in your external ip
go to www.whatismyip.com

I've done that before, it came up with my WAN IP thats displayed on the router, and it also shows up in the shoutcast error that is above.

I've also been to Radio Toolbox and had it test my IP and Port, and it comes back saying its closed, but I've surposedly opened the port in my virtual server options, ahhh its just so messed up, I don't surpose that my ISP (Telus DSL) might have some kind of firewall that stops people from making servers?, anybody on Telus that has setup a server before?.

EDIT: oh yea just thought I should say that, in the shoutcast DSP under the Output Configuration Address, I've tried using my WAN IP, but it tries to connect for about 5 seconds then stops, I guess its getting a time out or something, so right now I leave it saying "localhost", thats when it connects and send data, and after about 10 seconds thats when the Server app comes back with the error I displayed up top.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 03:09  England
Click Here to See the Profile for DannyO Click here to Send DannyO a Private Message Add DannyO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mndeg
;0

the timeout means its not detecting a server
set both to your external ip

soulful/latin/deep house + jazz

Old Post Apr-06-2004 03:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mndeg Click here to Send mndeg a Private Message Add mndeg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by mndeg
the timeout means its not detecting a server
set both to your external ip

What you mean both?, I can only put my IP in the Output Address box, and that doesn't work, I have a feeling its my crap router, all I am surpose to do with it is, open the port, and I've opened 8000,8001,80 and 666, nothing is working at all, I just keep getting time outs.

I'm sure I could unplug my router and have it work without it, but cos I share the conection, I can't do that, I hate routers, especially my gay ass one.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 03:32  England
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

WOOHOOOOO.........I sorted it out, dam router, I beat you, hahahaaaaa.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 03:57  England
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

lol, I have been trying the samething for a while now too. make sure in xp to kill their built in firewall.

I have no idea what the hell to do. plus no one can help me in their forum. ive ran through all their faqs...

its just not meant to be I guess..

Old Post Apr-06-2004 03:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Prodigy Child
WOOHOOOOO.........I sorted it out, dam router, I beat you, hahahaaaaa.

I HATE YOU

Old Post Apr-06-2004 03:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
I HATE YOU

HAHAHAAA, hey if you can give me a detailed description of whats going on, plus if your on a router or behind a firewall and anything else related, I can maybe help.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 04:42  England
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

i highly doubt I could get any help. but......

I am on xp, I disabled the firewall.

I am not on a router, nor do I have a firewall, my ports should be open.

I have sprint dsl...I hate them

ive tried multiple ports...high low mid....

I connect through 127.0.0.1...it shows I connect to the server I am running...its just I get this error.

I get this...
<04/05/04@21:46:26> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<04/05/04@21:46:26> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: 65.40.119.233:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection refused))

so I am thinking I need to finagle something on my sprint modem....er soemthing...

Old Post Apr-06-2004 04:48  United States
DannyO
The Vinyl Hunter

Thats the same error I got, but that was because my router not letting the port be open, I don't think that your modem will have anything inside to block your ports, but I don't know what the modem is like.

That 127.0.0.1 IP, well not sure what that IP if for, but it comes up on mine, I know that its not the IP your connecting to, its like some sort of proxy IP.

Sprint might have some kind of Firewall that you have to connect through, I've heard of some companies having this, hopefully not them though.
Anyway, have you tried going into your sc_serv.ini file and changing Yport from 80 to 666, that helped me some.

Also, goto http://www.radiotoolbox.com/online_...antheygetin.php and use that to keep trying your port to see if its open.

If that doesn't work let me know, and I'll do some more thinking, but thats all that springs to mind right now.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 05:10  England
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

the port is open to the internet but has no services associated with it. There is no firewall protection on this port.

and I did have my yport on 666.

the 127.0.0.1 is the internal ip for your own computer, I looked through the ini file again and I did specify that as the src, so that way no one else can connect through me.

Old Post Apr-06-2004 05:20  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I really need Shoutcast help.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrackname: Eternity - Need Artist [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPMT - "Gyromancer" (False Prophet Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread