Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Trance Plucks (typical PVD for an Angel)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Michael Russo
mmm mmm prog

Etherium: I never thought of using an envelope to modulate the actual decay of the filter. That is really a cool idea though... I haven't had time to try it out yet, but I will. And it should do wonders for basses

I actually have a Virus pdf file (are you referring to the manual?)... I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

And SARS? I think the only people that are really worried are the people that actually take the media seriously. It is a big deal in the sense that it is life-threatening, but the chances of getting it seem really low. For example: I'm downtown (on the subway) everyday, and I've only seen one person wearing a mask since the beginning of this mess.

Old Post Apr-24-2003 23:31  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Russo Click here to Send Michael Russo a Private Message Add Michael Russo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Etherium
Matt Findley

Hey, it's not the actual manual for the Virus, it's a pdf called "Programming Anaglogue Synths". Go to the Virus page and click on the Products tab. The next page that comes up, in the center of that page on the left hand side you will see "Programming Analogue Synths". Download that. Check out page 26.

By the way, this programming guide is a great resource for all people, not just Virus users. It's one of the most comprehensive tutorials out there. It also contains a history of synthesizers that is quite interesting.

Floorfiller, I use the Access Virus B to do this pluck synth. When I use the recursive modulation it makes quite a difference in the "pluckiness". Others might not be impressed, but it did me.

I left out some details and subtle changes in the phaser, the cutoff level, the amp release, sustain and other variables can make quite a difference. But it's the best I can articulate it.

The most important parts are that you need to do the recursive modulation part with a large value for the negative modulation, the decay needs to be at its maximum to compensate, keep the cutoff very low, the envelope wide open, and add a quality phaser. I'll try to post something soon.

Old Post Apr-25-2003 01:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Etherium Click here to Send Etherium a Private Message Add Etherium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj dimwit
Supreme tranceaddict

Ok, back to the original question..

I tried to make that trance pluck sound with the tips Etherium gave, but I failed miserably. Does anyone know which softsynth can be used for this? And can someone post an example of this particulair sound we are after? I have done all the things Etherium said with one of my softsynths, but in the end it didn't sound like what we are after...

Old Post May-06-2003 08:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for dj dimwit Click here to Send dj dimwit a Private Message Add dj dimwit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Audio Beverage
Addicted

Read This!

quote:
Originally posted by Etherium
you will see "Programming Analogue Synths". Download that. Check out page 26.

By the way, this programming guide is a great resource for all people, not just Virus users. It's one of the most comprehensive tutorials out there. It also contains a history of synthesizers that is quite interesting.

Fuck MAN! thats MINT!

Old Post May-06-2003 12:09  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Audio Beverage Click here to Send Audio Beverage a Private Message Add Audio Beverage to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Etherium
Matt Findley

Dimwit:

Here is some extra info that might help, and I can easily see how it would be difficult to duplicate:

First of all, you want to start off with a supersaw-type that has a short sustain, decay, and release.

Make sure the cutoff is low and the envelope is fully open.

Other than this it is hard to pinpoint what you might not be doing right, it isn't your fault, sometimes it's just hard to get the paramaters exact.

Oh, and by the way, I tried this pluck sound out with some FM and sync and some funky shaped oscillators and it sounds like someone is literally plucking a guitar. Not what I was originally after, but it was fun.

Old Post May-06-2003 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Etherium Click here to Send Etherium a Private Message Add Etherium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceInMySoul
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Oh, and by the way, I tried this pluck sound out with some FM

I think that the FM7 VSTi has curved envelopes to easily achive this kind of stuff, you just have to get the FM bit right then

Old Post May-06-2003 19:59  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceInMySoul Click here to Send TranceInMySoul a Private Message Add TranceInMySoul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hey cheggy
like a tiger

quote:
Recursive modulation. It's a technical term. I don't know about the mathmatical sense of the word. It's a sound designing term.

Recrusive Modulation is "when a modulation destination affects the source itself" (Howard Scarr)

Old Post May-08-2003 08:13  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for hey cheggy Click here to Send hey cheggy a Private Message Add hey cheggy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Trance Plucks (typical PVD for an Angel)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 1, please ID [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHera - "You Make Me Feel So Good" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread