Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > [Psy Trance] Wrzonance - Switch Cake (320/192 mp3)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
wrzonance
ntz ntz ntz ntz

[Psy Trance] Wrzonance - Switch Cake (320/192 mp3)

Been really busy with school. So I haven't had time to review anyone's beautiful music in here, let alone make my own.

Well I finally got around to making a choon.

It's cheesy psy. I would really appreciate comments. Hell I worked hard on this turd, I would appreciate a reach around!

Shouts to: Xeno, Cybernetica, Bidor, and Mr. Rogers, Chrissi, Jan, Idoru, Alon, Ron and the rest of the incestious ourboard lurkers.

Wrzonance - Switch Cake
7:04
[size=4]
320kbps MP3 link

Thanks,

track: need air - track: on our condition
track: synthesized - track: pleasure - track: switch cake - track: examples of beauty
Buy my CD at CDBaby

Last edited by wrzonance on Sep-07-2009 at 08:16

Old Post Aug-06-2006 02:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wrzonance Click here to Send wrzonance a Private Message Visit wrzonance's homepage! Add wrzonance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cybernetica
Captain Insano

Cool, I'm downloading. Quick listen sounds kinda atmospheric, good sound so far, promising. Will give you more words on this tomorrow, I am le tirêd

Cybernetika albums (free DL): Atropos (2009) | Nanospheric (2008) | Neural Network Expansion (2007) | Promo #1 (2006) | Paralysis (2005)

homepage: http://www.cybernetika.de

Old Post Aug-06-2006 02:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for cybernetica Click here to Send cybernetica a Private Message Visit cybernetica's homepage! Add cybernetica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wrzonance
ntz ntz ntz ntz

Thanks Lars, can't wait to hear your opinions.

track: synthesized - track: pleasure - track: switch cake - track: examples of beauty
Buy my CD at CDBaby

Old Post Aug-06-2006 18:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wrzonance Click here to Send wrzonance a Private Message Visit wrzonance's homepage! Add wrzonance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cybernetica
Captain Insano

ok, here we go

nice intro, very trippy sounds, excellent FX and pads.
Awesome introduction of the bassline!
The kick is ok per se, I personally prefer less clicky ones.
Sweeping and floating pads are awesome.
Nice percussions, seem a little static tho, maybe try altering the velocity a little.
First break, this is interesting stuff with all the filter sweeps.
Some guitars now, they sound a little artificial, but a very interesting arrangement.
Cool sample @3:00. Pretty dark stuff going on now, that lowpass filtered kickdrum makes this stuff sound so evil.
Next break, maybe it has a little too much of "tempo up and tempo down" compared to most Psy I know, but I still think its a quite interesting arrangement, specially with that breakbeat now. Which is really well done I may add.
Nice fill @5:44 ... now the part is cool.
I think the track is overall a little fragmented. I am missing some kind of climax... The first half is extremely promising, great atmosphere, but then after the long break at 3:00 you should make it all kick in, instead its going somewhere else, but I dont know where.
It might need a very driving, airy part. At least I could imagine that.

Oh, one word about the production quality: awesome! The mix seems pretty clean, and the elements are equally balanced.

Nice nice

Cybernetika albums (free DL): Atropos (2009) | Nanospheric (2008) | Neural Network Expansion (2007) | Promo #1 (2006) | Paralysis (2005)

homepage: http://www.cybernetika.de

Old Post Aug-06-2006 18:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for cybernetica Click here to Send cybernetica a Private Message Visit cybernetica's homepage! Add cybernetica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wrzonance
ntz ntz ntz ntz

quote:
Originally posted by cybernetica
Oh, one word about the production quality: awesome! The mix seems pretty clean, and the elements are equally balanced.

Nice nice

Gotta love comparative listening! I just sat there in SoundForge during the mastering stage and had an Astrix track with the Waves PAZ analyzer on it. And went back in forth adjusting the Waves LinMB and the L2. I'm pretty proud of the mixing/mastering as well.

The kick Is just an EQ automation move I think. Everyone says it's too clicky to start with. But once it sits in the elements it fits right in IMO.

As for the arrangement? Yea it's kinda off the wall. It's like 2 different tracks. I dunno why, but oh well. I'll just do better in the next track.

Thanks for the feedback Lars, I really appreciate it.

Buy my CD at CDBaby

Old Post Aug-06-2006 18:51  United States
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow, Adam, this is a w e s o m e!

The first 180 seconds sounds like one song bridged by that 3rd minute to the final 180 seconds which sounds completely different.

I really like the first 180 seconds.

I really like the final 180 seconds, too, but yeah, it's a totally different tune than the first 180 seconds.

There's so many cool things going on and they seem to fit together quite well.

I've actually listened to this 5 times already since I dled it.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Aug-06-2006 19:46  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rinster
EDM Addict

hey mate, reviewing as i listen. intro is very atmospheric and sexy im liking it already, cool beat, expected the kick it a bit harder/deeper... the background beeping/synth, the vocals fit well. this is your best so far, really liking it. the panning of the synth at around 3:80 sounds cool, the guitar effects throughout the track are kind of unique in psy tracks.. i enjoyed it good work. just try and fix the kick a bit.

Bidor

Old Post Aug-06-2006 22:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Rinster Click here to Send Rinster a Private Message Visit Rinster's homepage! Add Rinster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Und der Schnee geduldig

This tracks seems to land a bit between two chairs. It has a lot of twisting elements (like psy does), but those elements are not quite twisted and/or psychedelic enough. Either warp the effects even more or strip the track down to make chunkier, technoish track out of it. The way it is now it feels a bit awkward.

Kudos for the level of detail in this production though. With a bit more focus this can turn out quite well.

TA Discord server for music/shitposting is up!

Old Post Aug-08-2006 02:26  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FuzzyChicken
Supreme tranceaddict

Pretty good. Nothing too special compared to professional productions. But it seems like everything is only a matter of arrangement/creativity. I like the guitar part and the increase in tempo. It sounds very crisp/clean as mentioned before. Great job.

Old Post Aug-08-2006 02:30  Madagascar
Click Here to See the Profile for FuzzyChicken Click here to Send FuzzyChicken a Private Message Add FuzzyChicken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tribu

Ive given my opinion on this and it seems like alot of the above agreed with me. THis is a start better than most of the crap that finds it's way to my desktop. Can't wait to hear it upon completion, even though you totally lumped me in with "incestious ourboard lurkers"

Old Post Aug-08-2006 02:31 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Rogers
Supreme tranceaddict

love'n the erie intro...panning is pretty cool, opens up the space nicely.
kick hasn't any punch, sounds way to low on the spectrum. might have to mash up and squeeze another kick in there. That kick would add to the track huge on its own.
the 4 note melody is awsome...fits the track perfectly.
its so hard to get into the track because of the lack of a kick. really cool elements throughout though.
a lot of change up and automation that helps the track flow, and i like the breakbeat u through in at the end.
that electric guitar sound does nothin for me, but thats just preference.
nice job.
cheers

www.conradrogers.com

Old Post Aug-08-2006 14:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Rogers Click here to Send Mr Rogers a Private Message Add Mr Rogers to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wrzonance
ntz ntz ntz ntz

Thank you everyone for the good feedback.
I really appreciate it. Even Nou's in depth analysis.

--Adam

Buy my CD at CDBaby

Old Post Aug-08-2006 18:51  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > [Psy Trance] Wrzonance - Switch Cake (320/192 mp3)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread