Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Happy Groundhog Day!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
barosoap
Supreme tranceaddict

Happy Groundhog Day!

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so be prepared for another 6 weeks of winter!

Old Post Feb-02-2006 14:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for barosoap Add barosoap to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ride^snowboards
Junior tranceaddict

Re: Happy Groundhog Day!

quote:
Originally posted by barosoap
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so be prepared for another 6 weeks of winter!

sure don't seem like it...

Old Post Feb-02-2006 14:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ride^snowboards Click here to Send ride^snowboards a Private Message Add ride^snowboards to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

They did say "mild winter"

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Feb-02-2006 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hitokiri
Jugulatin Foos Everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
take it from the one who knows... im goin with his accessment

check out my radio show Harmonic Dissonance every 1st Thursday of the month at 10:00 pm EST on Party103
*** upcoming gigs***
TBD

Old Post Feb-02-2006 16:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hitokiri Click here to Send hitokiri a Private Message Visit hitokiri's homepage! Add hitokiri to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
InterMilan31

Remind me what winter is again

Old Post Feb-02-2006 16:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for InterMilan31 Click here to Send InterMilan31 a Private Message Add InterMilan31 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Bliss
DERELICTS & DEGENERATES

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy

Happy your day!!!

Old Post Feb-02-2006 16:40  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Bliss Click here to Send Miss Bliss a Private Message Add Miss Bliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

that little focker!

Old Post Feb-02-2006 16:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

good, more trips to hit up some mountains hopefully

Old Post Feb-02-2006 17:15  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RoBDaWG
Prepared to Dance!

Okay here's a question for you all... What the hell does Puxatawyn (sp?) Phil do the rest of the year? Like where do they keep him, and what are his hobbies? I'd like to make an animated film about him where he's this depressed washed-up alcoholic groundhog who's tired of the fame, money, and spotlight and just wants to live a normal life. Or maybe he'll have a gambling problem, I dunno lol... I'm babbling as usual.

Old Post Feb-02-2006 18:34  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for RoBDaWG Click here to Send RoBDaWG a Private Message Visit RoBDaWG's homepage! Add RoBDaWG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by RoBDaWG
Okay here's a question for you all... What the hell does Puxatawyn (sp?) Phil do the rest of the year? Like where do they keep him, and what are his hobbies? I'd like to make an animated film about him where he's this depressed washed-up alcoholic groundhog who's tired of the fame, money, and spotlight and just wants to live a normal life. Or maybe he'll have a gambling problem, I dunno lol... I'm babbling as usual.

He lives in the Punxsutawney Libary with his wife and kid, sitting around getting fat. They were all curled up sleeping together over Christmas when I took Christina to see him.

View from the ceiling inside, the sleeping area is next to (right) those feeding pans and is shown below.

P.S. I wish I got the day off like we used to in high school. I think it was when I was in junior high that they just cancelled school because too many kids were showing up to school wasted or not at all because they'd been up all night partying at Gobbler's Knob (the place where Phil makes his prediction)

We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Last edited by Groundhog Boy on Feb-02-2006 at 19:12

Old Post Feb-02-2006 19:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
InterMilan31

im always @ these people who actually go out and see this...doesnt the mayor like talk to the groundhog if its for kids why arent they in school

Old Post Feb-02-2006 19:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for InterMilan31 Click here to Send InterMilan31 a Private Message Add InterMilan31 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by InterMilan31
im always @ these people who actually go out and see this...doesnt the mayor like talk to the groundhog if its for kids why arent they in school

It's not for kids. Actually, the majority of the people there are adults. People go up there as early as like midnight-2AM and he comes out at 7:15. We have a pep assembly at school and all of the foreign exchange students from a bunch of different school districts in western PA get hosted by kids from my high school for a few days so that they can go. It's really rather silly, but it caught on and it's the only thing that the town has going for it.

It used to be a big party where everyone got wasted, but they've pretty much eliminated the ability to take alcohol up there because you have to take a shuttle bus from downtown to the area rather than drive there like you could a few years ago. They pretty much ruined all the fun when they did that like 8 years ago.

We want your soul

Old Post Feb-02-2006 19:19  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Happy Groundhog Day!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread